Trials and Tribulations of ESC, Metro and all things inbetween

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Capt.RhettHarty, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

2. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Before everyone starts abandoning ship (and I don't think many people are, despite many threads like these), let me tell you something: my last appearance at GS was in May, when KC came to town. I've been here in Japan since early July, and am planning to be here for quite a while, and can only watch MLS highlights on the Internet. Pile onto that all the bad news on and off the field.

I still love the MetroStars. J-League and the Japan NT is physically much closer to me than MLS, but I still love the MetroStars.

3. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  5. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Is there anyway to sign up without printing something and sending it in? I don't have my printer hooked up. You gave me a link a while back and have not gotten around to it till now. Please let me know.. I won't renew my season tiks, but I will support the ESC...

6. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, go to one of the Nathan Hale nights (next one if there isn't an ESC drive should be February 9th or so) or got o lot 16A before the game and ask jamison or Dan R. for membership.

7. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    What goes on during the Nathan Hale nights other than signing up?

8. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    We get to ask nick tough questions and make fun of the jackasses who think ESC is 'clannish'.

9. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Sounds like an enjoyable night. If I am free I will go. Nick must take a thorough beating. Very suprised he attends.

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    www.empiresc.com

Def come out to the ESC Nathan Hales event. A good time is had by all. It usually coincides with a Jan or Feb US Nats game as well. :)

11. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Yeah.. I have never been to Nathan Hales either, so it should be fun. Nats game, chat with Nick and register.

12. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Not trolling, but saw this and just have to say what a bunch of utter crap. Have you even tried to talk to the guy before? If you ever have a question on buying a jersey, go to him and he can help you out.

As for this whole acting English thing and getting your ass kicked, I have to say the chances are about .01%.

13. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He probably won't now.

Mind you I only go when they're showing a USMNT game. But I believe they also have away gamewatches on occasion.

14. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    What did you do to Deschamps man??? He seems pretty pissed.

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I'm not sure. I'm not even sure if Deschamps is sure. But it's obvious I gots me a target on my back.....

16. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Amusing.. People take their message boarding very seriously here I guess....

17. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    BS where everything is real life even though it is just a message board.

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Binary code baby !! :)

19. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This post is confusing and irrelevant. So time marches on. I hope I can make this year's meeting. I was away last year.

20. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Not really. The people who like to throw rocks at Nick online don't seem to show up to these events. They seem to have a lot more courage online. Have to give the an credit he has yet to duck ESC.

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I've heard that the US will play Korea on Jan 22 at the HDCm and maybe a game vs Sweden on Jan 30, also at the HDC.

Maybe this will be a good day for an ESC get together / US Nats showing at the Hale House?

22. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I believe Korea are coming to the US to play a couple of teams, with the US being one of them. I think Costa Rica is the other and I forgot who else.

23. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Mexico I heard.

Bruce wants to try to replicate a WC group stage by playing 3 teams in rapid fashion, get the bhoys fit for the quick turnaround.

But yea, fun times for the ESC at the Hale House ahead.

24. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See I wouldn't know who to root for if the US played Korea. I'd have to settle for a draw.

25. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Very simple solution to this problem. You wear the USA shirt. You hope the USA beats Korea. And when they do, you are happy. However when Korea plays any other team, go nuts! :)