Treble Chances

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by SirManchester, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Alright guys, let's analyze the chances of a treble here. We are sitting comfortably in the Pokal, made past the group stages in the Champions League and are on top of the league. If Bayern keep this form up I don't doubt another league championship. And if thats the case there should be little problems in the German Cup, especially since we've come this far.

Now, the toughest task is the Champions League but considering the fact that we were the best team in our rather difficult group, despite what the statistics say, I think we can pull it off. I think Bayern can beat any of the teams that have qualified already. Bayern's defensive stubborness and this new burst of goals should be enough to beat all big teams, even Chelsea and Milan who have good defenses. Barcelona's offense can be dangerous but their defense and goalkeepers are their weakness. Those three teams are the biggest threats in my opinion and I think Bayern can eliminate them all!

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Barcelona are the biggest threat in CL. I would not mind knocking ManU off early ;)

3. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, DeadFingers.

I think Barcelona and the two Italian teams -- AC and Juve -- are the most dangerous. You MUST have a proven defense to win the CLS. This is just fact. The English teams never seem to pan out. The French teams can be dangerous, as they typically play a very unified brand of soccer, but I still don't rate them. The Italians are always some damn good defensively that they just wear out the spirit of opponents, then stick one in the 90th minute to seal the points (sound familiar?).

Munich I think has a fair a chance as anyone. They can put teams under some good pressure, and still defend well. What worries me is the ability to let in a couple of goals when our guard is down (aka the Mainz game this past weekend... sure the game was over, but NO coach will be pleased with a lack of discipline in not coming away with a "clean sheet").

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    The double is certainly within reach for Bayern but when it comes to the Champions League, I just don't see the quality that seperates us from the rest.

With that in mind, Champions League football is very unpredictable, sometimes the favourite wins and sometimes not. Who would have thought Dortmund, Porto and even Bayern would take the trophy in their respective years?
    Every year Bayern is never made one of the favourties to claim the Champions League and I like it because it makes victory over the "favourites" ever more sweet.

5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Stop talking Sense-man :rolleyes:

In defense of Bayern--I do believe they could beat anyteam in CL---at the moment. Everything in the last couple of weeks has not only been smooth but smokin' as well. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT--this team has always (or at least in the last few years) been very prone to well lets just call them "bad streaks" Am I mistaken in that Bayern (last couple of years) have stunk going into the winter break? The need to come out of the break "on fire"--then again there is no drama in that. That would be very un-Bayern :eek:

Every year Bayern is never made one of the favourties to claim the Champions League and I like it because it makes victory over the "favourites" ever more sweet

It's great because regardless of how good the opposing team is --they always dread playing Bayern.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I am a sensible kinda guy.

I think it was proven that the probability of the leader into the winter break would be league champions for the season, so that explains last year.

7. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Well, that's the best theory I have heard all day...so why not?

But it does not explain relativity, the platypus and Jesus Freak Republicans :rolleyes:

8. herewego

herewego Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Bayern has a lot of exellent players. And since Maghat is there, they are fit to run 90 instead of 60 minutes, thats the difference to the last Hitzfeld years. Now the score in the last minutes, now the turn around games in the last 10 minutes, now they get stronger in comparsion with the other teams at the end of the year. Bayern is in progress since a few weeks now and I think that they are not finihed with that. I´m very optimistic in the moment.