Travelling to Poland-Ukraine for Euro 2012?

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by Furnaccio, Jul 12, 2010.

1. mystify

mystify New Member

May 11, 2012
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    The movie presents the reality of preparing the train stations for EURO 2012.

You can't find any marks in english language for example, where's the correct platform? where can I buy the ticket? etc.

For now - shame!

2. mystify

mystify New Member

May 11, 2012
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    and another movies from Warsaw:

Inside The "SKM" train

The "Warszawa Stadion" train station next to "The National Stadium"

3. Nazarchik

Nazarchik New Member

May 11, 2012
    Lviv, Ukraine
    Hi dear Europeans, I am from Ukraine and live in Lviv where in June will be EURO 2012 championship. I want to tell about situation in our country and mostly about our police. I am going to tell about a few situations from my life. Yesterday I stopped on a parking for cars near the restaurant not far away from city center. I was sitting in my car, and after a few minutes three policemen came to me. They required to show my passport, but I did not do any violations. I asked for the cause of this unexpected and unfounded check. After that they invented a lot of reasons, for example, they said that I had possessed prohibited items, they said that I have stolen my own car, they said that I was a robber and they can invent even more stupid reasons. Also, if you dont pay money they can arrested you. Our police do not known and do not follow the laws of Ukraine, as a result they do everything what they want. For the last year I had more then 20 conflicts with our police. I was arrested without any reasons a few times. I have written a lot of statements of offense, but nobody was convicted. I am not able to prove my rightness, because police do not want to judge their colleagues. Also I have received a lot of threats by phone because I want to fight with this. If you going to go to Ukraine you need to known about it and if you decided to go to Ukraine, have a great time here.

4. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    haha... Poland is the same as Ukraine.... The only difference is in your mind. Poland feels "closer" mentally, and they are in the EU... So people tend to think that Poland is somewhat better..... Even Polish people has some kind of delusion of grandeur.....

In reality it's very much the same.... the only difference is in your mind..... and yeah, the use of Latin letters in Polish language, (cyrillic letters in Russian/Ukrainian).... I guess that thing makes you think that Poland is more European standard because of that.... Everything is in your mind

5. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Can you please give me concrete examples of how there are less problems in Poland?
    Poland has also hotel problems, yes. English support? I don't know about Poland, but in Ukraine there are websites with English support for both trains and busses.
    www.e-kvytok.org.ua
    http://ticket.bus.com.ua/

What's the problem? There are plenty of alternatives... So instead of crying at forums, make some research.

6. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I know.. It has been some kind of "media-war" against Ukraine.... It totally crazy about how many bad stuff it's written about Ukraine..... In Ukraine people laugh about those articles because they know that it's total bullshit..... We hope European people are smart enough to not fall for stereotypes and bullshit articles in media...... you won't be attacked by an army of hiv-prostitutes or nazi skinheads in the woods..... lol..... Sure it's corrupt here, unfortunately... But when you read some articles in European press you can get an image of Ukraine as Sierra Leone..... it's not really like that..

7. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    http://ukraine2012.gov.ua/en/
    http://en.city-kyiv.com.ua/uefaeuro2012/
    http://www.city-kharkiv.com.ua/uefaeuro2012/en/
    www.e-kvytok.org.ua
    http://ticket.bus.com.ua/
    http://www.eway.in.ua/en/cities/kyiv
    https://aa-euro2012.com/
    http://www.hotelsukraine.com.ua/en/

Well, here is a sample of some websites that can be helpful.
    Good luck!

8. theparish

theparish Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Somewhere in Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think you get out of a trip what you put into it. I knew I was going to Ukraine 6 months ago, was advised to learn some Russian with a little Ukrainian so have spent a bit of time most days to learn basic conversation and how to read (even if I don't know the meanings I will know stations and street names).
    I laugh at the media warnings because they could be talking about the Olympic 2012 City on a Saturday night .... and look forward to arriving in a place that has not yet had it's culture and traditions sucked out of it by Brussels and getting something from the experiences, whatever they are.

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's sensationalist press to try and gain viewers/readers. One could easily write similar articles about wherever you live, people are raped, murdered etc in every major city in Europe. However people generally don't freak out about this because they live there and see that the likelihood of these issues affecting you individually are extremely remote.

Are there hooligans in Ukraine? Yes. But it's much more dangerous in an Italian stadium than a Ukrainian one. Germany has Nazi groups that attack people in the night. These are issues everywhere and frankly Ukraine has little to no problem with hooligans.

As for politics, this is just an easy way for European politicians to gain some brownie points with voters. They know that voters love it when they talk about these values and rattle their pens about it. Yet why are they so quiet about Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, etc etc? Because they have strong economic incentives to shut up about those places. In Ukraine they don't really have strong economic interests so it's an easy target to gain some publicity and make themselves look good. In two years however, when the winter Olympics go to Sochi, they will be completely silent. This will be despite Russia having a long list of human rights abuses well beyond anything Yanukovich could ever dream of.

10. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    ^^
    very well written, I agree to every single word.

The reason why the write so much bullshit is because EURO's have very huge public interest among many people. So as long you can link it to EURO's it will make very interesting story.

Concerning hooligans and skinheads....
    These problems are, unfortunately, everywhere in the world. Read this article for example.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...270/Neo-Nazis-ambush-England-soccer-fans.html

GERMANS believed to be linked to neo-Nazi groups ambushed British football fans in Frankfurt in the early hours yesterday.
    Riot police moved quickly to try to separate hundreds of Germans, armed with baseball bats, and the British fans who had travelled to see the World Cup qualifier match, but the fighting with bottles, glasses, tables and chairs continued into yesterday morning.

And what concerns US. I've read stories in US about crazy racist camps and whole "societies" that have they own racist-schools etc etc..... Much much more hardcore than you will find in Ukraine.

As for politics, Real Corona, has a good point... EU-politicians are just trying to gain some good PR on the cost of Ukraine's image.... Beijing 2008 didn't get half of the critics Ukraine is getting right now... although China is probably violating every single human right out there.... But what concerns Ukraine, it's just EU and US making good PR for themselves... It's not even a matter of human rights, Tymoshenko is a criminal oligarch that has stolen MILLIARDS of DOLLARS from Ukraine..... It says nothing about it in Western press.... Or that the investigation against Tymoshenko began during former president (Juschenko). So it's not Janukovich who initiated the whole thing.... the criminal history of Tymoshenko is a well known thing..... And now EU and US tries to make her like some kind of Mandela.... lol

11. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Why is it so hard? :) I will give you some examples of what I found in 2 minutes and Google.... I bet you can find much better alternatives if you invest some hours in this.

For example,
    Kharkiv:
    *** http://www.hotelopia.com/h/hotel-hostel-13-of-law-academy_kharkiv_161262/
    ( A high quality hostel (equals a 2 star hotel) of 9 floors that is situated right in the center of Kharkiv with numerous shops, bars, and restaurants in its immediate neighborhood.) 100 € per night for 2 persons. Totally OK if you ask me... Sure, it's not the highest thinkable standard, but who cares if you only sleep there for one night.

Kyiv - here you can find really many alternatives!!!
    For example.
    http://www.booking.com/searchresult...=Kiev;ssne_untouched=Kiev;order=price_for_two

12. dlugi

dlugi Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Legnica, Poland
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    No offence dude but Poland actually is better prepared:D We had our problems but you can't compare it to Ukraine with hundrends of defalcations etc. but I gotta admit that Ukrainians tend to be more involved in helping foreign fans to acclimatize in their country.

13. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  14. eurokiev2012

eurokiev2012 New Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Many bars in Kiev, working 24 hours
    Night life is not much different from the average European

15. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Nightlife is way way better in Kiev than in almost all European countries I've been to.

16. piczasso

piczasso New Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Hi, I'm from poland. People say that U gonna be robbed etc.... bullsh*t. If you have really bad day u can be killed near ur home. Poland is safe, unless u are looking for trouble :) I've seen prices for tickets, but U won't buy it on e street for sure. Look in internet. If u need accommodation feel free to contact me. piczasso at gmail

17. piczasso

piczasso New Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    nightlife in poland is very boring. Almost no 24 food. Not sure if it will change for euro coz there is only 1 bar in whole gdańsk with food 24 h. buy ALcohol :)

18. LP20

LP20 New Member

May 16, 2012
    Club:
    KP Legia Warszawa
    Ukraine is a deeply underdeveloped country with serious issues to deal with, it is also one of the very few countries in Europe whose level of wealth is below the global average. Much corruption, also within the "law enforcement". When I was staying in a Kiev hotel a few years ago they would turn off electricity for all hours but evening and night, there were also some issues with running water.

This is why almost all Euro 2012 teams decided to accomodate in Poland even if they will be playing matches on Ukraine located stadiums.

Be sure not to break any law in the Ukraine because, if given any excuse, Ukrainian police might cause serious trouble to do unless bribed.

19. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    hahahahhahahahha..... OMG!!!!!
    Are you kidding me?
    Ok if you are from Norway, Sweden or something like that.... But you are from POLAND.
    Come down to earth. Poland isn't much different from Ukraine at all.... Just because you joined EU doesn't mean you've become Sweden.

It feels that megalomania has become a part of Polish mentality since you joined EU?

Sure, Ukraine is more corrupt. But it's not lawless... Poland is also very corrupt compared to many other EU-countries.......

It's a shame that there are some people like you... You've forget who you really are and your true identity, your true place in the European society. I have always respected Poland and Polish people, mostly because of their political progress (elimination of KGB/communist politicians in the 90's). Sure you're on the right track, and we respect it... but you are not Switzerland.... you have to realize it......Comments like yours makes me laugh.

20. lucasb186

lucasb186 New Member

May 16, 2012
    Guys Im guna get to Poland for a couple of days in June, especially to check out nightlife there:)

21. dlugi

dlugi Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Legnica, Poland
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I agree with you both 50-50. LP is actually right, cuz I had the same problems with police in Lwów - they told me to switch my camera off. Actually I dunno why, but those 2 pricks seemed to be aggressive towards us because we are Polish. And the water supply in the place were we lived in... .
    You're right as well about Polish corruption but switch off the national pride for a second and consider if you're actually right being so choppy about Polish "anti-Ukrainian propaganda".

22. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    No, I'm not saying Poles are anti-Ukrainian! Not at all... It's actually more the opposite. Most Poles support Ukrainian euro-integration. I have many Polish colleagues. I've been in Poland several times..... Polish people are real borthers. I've seen both Poland, Polish life and Polish people..... That's why I'm saying that it isn't that different!!!... Sure, it's more corrupt here in Ukraine, I'm not denying that! But comments like that one that LP wrote are just provocative and has nothing to do with the reality... He presents Ukraine as it was some Somalia, and Poland was developed Switzerland! That's why I find his post very stupid..... Of course there are differences... But not that many as LP tries to image.... I believe that he lives in a fantasy-world.

The conclusion is that LP is an actual troll... I believe most real Poles that lives in Poland will agree with me.

Cheers

dlugi repped this.
  23. dlugi

dlugi Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Legnica, Poland
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Ok to end up this one in the peaceful atmosphere you both should just listen to this fresh Polish rap:D

Feel invited for a beer when you will be in Wroclaw ;)

Na zdrowie!

24. pylyp

pylyp Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    IMPORTANTE !!!

IT IS NOW POSSIBLE TO BUY TICKETS FOR HIGH-SPEED TRAINS FOR DONETSK - KYIV!!!

Train number: 152д.
    Donetsk - Kyiv (05:55 - 12:45)! So you can make it to both quarter-finals!
    Price in cat. 2 is about 420 UAH. (quite expensive for Ukraine).

How to buy?

1) Brand new online-ticket-store at official Ukrainian Railways website:
    http://booking.uz.gov.ua/en/
    (notice that there is a small bug there giving you time according to the GMT in you computer. The real local Ukrainian time is 05:55 - 12:45)

2) www.e-kvytok.org.ua
    If not working at the moment, try http://www.e-kvytok.ua (although only in Ukrainian).
    Here is a guide how you can buy them in Ukrainian: http://blog.activeukraine.com/the-how-to-train-series-buying-your-ticket-online/

3) Otherwise you can try some private commercial ticketresalers.
    For example:
    http://gd.tickets.ua/en OR http://dprc.gov.ua/index.php?set_language=1

Donetsk = Doneck = ДОНЕЦЬК
    Kyiv = Kiev PASS = КИЇВ ПАС

BEST OF LUCK !!!!

/Pylyp