Travel to T&T

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by A_Bomb, Nov 30, 2004.

1. A_Bomb

A_Bomb New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Lee's Summit
    After looking at some of the threads listed here, I really have an interest in going to the away T&T match in February. My reasoning for going is that it is a tropical destination when it will be the dead of winter here at home (Kansas City), and I would think it will be a much safer place for an American to go to as compared to the other places in the hex. I also think there will be a high probability of a US win. Does anyone have any info about T&T, especially places to stay and things to do? Any recommendations about getting match tickets?

2. mrknowitall

mrknowitall New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    hell
    Good luck...it will be the midst of carnival(mardi-gras) there...rumors are that you can't even find hotel accomodations anymore...and airline tickets are hard to come by...apparently this year is going to be big...wish i could be there though...i hear TNT women are beautiful....maybe the soca warriors will go out partying and we can get our 3 points...

3. A_Bomb

A_Bomb New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Lee's Summit
    I totally forgot about Carnival, good point. I just did a hotel search, and there is absolutely nothing available. It was a good thought, but the trip probably won't be happening... :(

4. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    T & T is a wonderful country, certainly an undiscovered gem, but I've heard nothing good about carnival in Port of Spain. Carnival is when much of the crime and most of the murders happen in the country. Unless you were with people who knew what they were doing, I would woory about your safety. My choice for a great place to visit for a game--Panama. Very safe and very inexpensive.

5. big spaniel

big spaniel Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Arlington, Virginia
    Those who can should definitely spluge for the Carnival + WCQ package. I was at Carnival in 1988 and it was the best party ever. The various concerts are a must-see. Unfortunately, yes, accommodations get really, really expensive come Carinval time.

I also went to the T&T v USA match in November 2001. Because qualifying was decided it was not an important match, but a fair number of Trinis did come out for it. The stadium is quite nice, although even in the late afternoon of November it was quite hot. The Trinis are quite big sports fans, and you can see a lot of people kicking the ball around all over town.

6. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Flights from the U.S. to Port of Spain:

American Airlines - Miami
    AA1819 4:40pm-9:15pm MIA-POS
    AA1647 9:56am-2:25pm MIA-POS
    AA1818 8:15am-11:12am POS-MIA
    AA1688 3:31pm-6:36pm POS-MIA

American Eagle - San Juan (Delta, US Airways connector)
    AA5094 5:50pm-8:40pm SJU-POS
    AA5095 7:25am-10:20am POS-SJU

Continental Air Lines - Houston
    CO1935 1:14pm-8:54pm IAH-POS
    CO1934 9:20am-1:05pm POS-IAH

Continental Air Lines - Newark (Northwest Air Lines codeshare)
    CO1878 2:30pm-8:40pm EWR-POS (NW7878)
    CO1879 8:45am-1:10pm POS-EWR (NW7879)

British West Indies Airlines - New York - JFK
    BWIA425 7:00am-12:44pm JFK-POS
    BWIA426 7:00pm-11:10pm POS-JFK

British West Indies Airlines - Miami
    BWIA483 3:55pm-8:25pm MIA-POS
    BWIA484 9:05am-12:00pm POS-MIA

Notes:
    BWIA has BGI-POS (Bridgetown, Barbados) flights, and several US to BGI connections exist (PHL is one)
    BWIA has a Washington, DC Dulles-Tobago-Trinidad (IAD-TAB-POS) flight