Travel to Marbella or Vicinity to Play ?

Discussion in 'Spain' started by Northcal19, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    We are an over-30 soccer team in Colorado (USA), and we have this idea that we would like to travel to the Costa Del Sol to play a few friendly matches this July or August. We are good, but not great, and we are over 30, some way over 30!

Does anyone know if there are similar 'pub' teams in the Marbella area that would be interested in scheduling a match? We'd prpbably be hung over and sun burned when we showed up, but we would still play.

2. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple of things regarding playing down south on the Costa del Sol. Grass is at a premium, most practice fields are dirt, so for one, you will be paying to play on a decent field. Probably around 100 Euros for a two hour match. I only played on grass 3 times when I lived there, and it was a herculean effort to land the field. Not to discourage you, it can be done Marbella and the Costa del Sol is also home to a lot of British ex-pats, so if you were to find a pub team, you might not look to the general Spanish population, but to those types, ex-pats living in Marbella, Torremolinos, Fuengirola, Mijas or even Malaga.

PM me if you want to know more and I will even try to make contact with some of the folks I know down there.