Travel for US/Argentina

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by kylesoccer, Mar 27, 2008.

1. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone heading down to the game from Boston on Sunday morning and either staying Sunday night or driving back?

2. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks I'm planning my Summer pilgrimage to Long Island around this game. My brother has already indicated an interest in attending. If I go, it'll be my first trip to see the USMNT.

How would I go about arranging to get seats with/near Sam's Army ? Where do they usually sit ?

And can we expect a sellout ? I thought about driving down to the US-Mexico clash and buy tickets at the gate. Hah ! I saw how that would've turned out.

3. NJgotlove

NJgotlove Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Monmouth County,NJ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    probably will be close to a sellout...buy tix ahead to be safe

4. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know when tix go onsale?

5. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    Pretty soon. We should hear something next week.

6. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know people are working on it and details should be out shortly.

Ed Kirwan
    North Jersey Brigade
    www.njbrigade.com

7. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i REALLY wish i can go to this.

however, since i'm taking level 1 of the cfa the day before (6/7), i have that entire week off from work for last minute preparations.

so i don't think i'll be able to take days off the following week.

and i don't know anyone that's willing to fly out to NY with me for a soccer game. none of my friends like soccer.

8. TCNJFan

TCNJFan New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Fairborn, OH
    When tickets go on sale, ussoccer.com puts out a form for purchasing tickets in the "US Supporters Section". sams-army.com usually posts a link to the form on their website and you can find it by clicking the "Available" link in the Schedule/Tickets section of the ussoccer website and reading carefully.

I've got a question: Is it possible to walk from the Rutherford Train Station to Giants Stadium? I will probably be driving up with others, but I have always wondered about that.

9. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    You could, but it's long and not the easiest walk. I'd say it's about 2 miles. You could take train to Rutherford and then taxi over to Giants Stadium.

Not sure of the costs, but there are usually taxis outside of Rutherford train.

10. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the USA-Argentina game, the USA fans section will be in 101, directly above the player tunnel.

We hope that there will be a good turnout from a bunch of people from MLS cities.

NOTE-national team gear to this game, fellaz. Let's honor the team and our country by wearing the right badge on our jerseys:

[​IMG]

11. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Member

May 14, 2000
    Fire Daddy!
    Club:
    --other--
    IF you want to do the train/taxi thing it's probably easier to take the train to the Secaucus Transfer station and catch a taxi there. It's unlikely there will be taxis waiting at the Rutherford Station on the weekend.

12. JayDelight729

JayDelight729 Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Section 101
    Hmmm.... you may be correct on this one. Besides, it will take you even more time if you take the train to Rutherford as everyone has to transfer at Secaucus or Hoboken to get to Rutherford.

I'd say take Boogie Nights' advice and train to Secaucus and taxi to the stadium.

13. joehill

joehill Member

Sep 28, 2005
    brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    Another option for those without a car is to go into Manhattan and take the Special Events bus from Port Authority to the Meadowlands. It starts running about 2 hours before the event, $10 roundtrip.

I took it last month to see Iron Maiden and it was a breeze.

here's the bus info

14. cklab

cklab Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Dallas
    Thinking of maybe trying to go see this one in person, probably taking that Monday off to travel back. Wonder if this would this be a better one to go see than the World Cup qualifier. Are the tickets sold out yet?

15. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i don't think they're on sale yet...

16. branko97

branko97 Member

May 30, 2001
    New York City
    Bus there is a breeze. Bus back is usually a bit of a wait and disorganized.

Oh, and Maiden rocked.

17. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    Are they going to jack up the parking prices for this? Will we even be able to park at GS? I know it's early, but with all the construction, this could be a major problem.

18. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember being able to park for the Galaxy game last year...which was after the parking lots started closing down. Tickets will be 15 dollars.

19. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    Yes, I was there for that game too. But construction has eaten up even more of the parking spaces (and access to them) since then, based on last Saturday's experience. $15 is pretty standard; guess we can live with that.

20. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know how to get a parking pass in the event that parking is a mess?