Transfers Rumours (POST ALL TRANSFER RUMORS HERE!)

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Portista69, Dec 17, 2004.

1. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    I heard he has a great future and his an Maniche kind of player, Bonfim is 20 or 21 i guess and was international in all Brazil youth teams he was unsettled in PSV, were he was in the last 3 seasons without playing much he was considered a few years ago one of the brightest Brazilian prospects.

2. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    He must have a contract lined up somewhere else (i.e. Germany) and had no plans on playing elsewhere the rest of the season except for the 'B' team.

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  4. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    It seems he had other plans... --» http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=660729&idCanal=11

5. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    I've unstuck the thread, since the transfer window is now closed.

6. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  7. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's good to hear. I hope Andrija Delibasic scores alot of goals for Benfica.

8. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ...For some reason he was often a sub for mallorca, but he was always dangerous when he came on.

9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  12. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Some rumours won't die ;)

Football Italia claims Luisao is going to Inter for £3.2m and Karagounis.

Inter ‘agree’ Luisao fee
    Monday 14 February, 2005
    Italian giants Inter have reportedly agreed a fee with Benfica for highly-rated stopper Luisao.

The Nerazzurri will apparently hand over £3.2m plus midfielder Giorgios Karagounis for the Brazilian.

The central defender has been watched for some months after impressing with his Portuguese club.

Inter are looking to significantly strengthen their defence over the summer after their problems at the back this season.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb14i.html

13. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    5 million dollars and a 28 year old player is not a good deal for Benfica

14. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    You're right, Luisao could potentially bring 10-15 million Euros (depending on the buyer). Since Inter is so deep with mids and they never use Karagounis, I guess they figure they can use him as trade bait.

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  16. Dracul

Dracul New Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Maia is in major need of money! They are selling out the entire squad. In fact, all 2nd league teams are in major trouble...with Felgueiras (players on strike for not receiving for more than 4 months!) ahead.

These news should make all people to think about this supposed "great!" reduction of clubs in the SuperLiga. The more clubs are sent down...the more are sent to the bankruptcy. And football...like almost all things in society, is a pyramid: the clubs on the top need the ones on the base. They are the base of recruitment, they are were players on loan get first team football....etc...

17. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  18. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Well at least $20 million Euros for Him. But hey Juventus might have something to say about him

19. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Apparently, Juventus had a scout at the Porto/Benfica clash to watch Miguel:

Juve monitor Luis Miguel
    Friday 4 March, 2005
    Benfica defender Luis Miguel is still being watched by Italian champions Juventus, according to reports.

Stories in Portugal claim that the right-back is on the club’s transfer wish-list after first being noted at Euro 2004.

It’s widely understood that Juventus had a bid for the player rejected last summer, but they may renew their offer at the end of the season.

A Juventus scout was allegedly present at Benfica’s clash with Porto on Monday to again check out the 25-year-old.

He may not be the only Benfica player heading for Serie A next season, as fellow defender Luisao should join Inter.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar4a.html

Benfica are nuts if they let both of these guys go. The league will be much weaker if this exodus keeps up.....

20. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    haha the rumours get better and better :p :

Arsenal chase Portuguese international keeper Ricardo: report

24 minutes ago
    LISBON (AFP) - English giants Arsenal have reportedly made an offer to Sporting Lisbon to hire their international goalkeeper Ricardo Pereira at the end of the current season.
    According to the private Portuguese radio TSF radio, Sporting have already begun looking for a replacement for 29-year-old Ricardo, who scored the winning penalty in Portugal's 6-5 shoot-out win over England during the quarter-finals of Euro 2004, the station said.

Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger is reportedly unhappy with keeper Jens Lehman, who is likely to leave in the next year, it added.

Portugal boss Luis Felipe Scolari, who coached his native Brazil to victory in the last World Cup, picked Ricardo as the national team's first keeper, edging out veteran Vitor Baia of FC Porto, when he took over the Portuguese side in early 2003.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050304/sp_soccer_afp/fblporengprarsenal_050304191727

21. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Ok one more that seems to keep coming back. This one from the mirror :rolleyes:

MOREIRA IS NO.1 PICK FOR FERGIE

By Alan Nixon
    MANCHESTER United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has put Portuguese keeper Jose Felipe Moreira at the top of his hit list.

Ferguson sent brother Martin - United's chief European scout - to watch the Benfica star shut out Porto as he seeks a long-term solution to his problem position.

United have been checking on the 22-year-old for a few weeks, also sending a delegation to Benfica's recent game with Sporting Lisbon.

Moreira has plenty of experience for someone of his age and has played in European competition as well as being Portugal's current second choice.

Ferguson wants a new keeper at a reasonable price in the wake of Tim Howard and Roy Carroll's poor form.

United do not want to splash out a big fee on the likes of Newcastle's Shay Given, valued at £12million, or even Manchester City's David James.

Moreira would be priced at around £2.5m by Benfica - and that brings him within Ferguson's range. United have little cash to spare this summer after investing so heavily on the likes of Wayne Rooney.

United could lose Carroll for nothing as he is out of contract in the summer and undecided on his future. Howard may yet overcome his problems, but the club will probably still need a new man.

Moreira is rated as the best young keeper in Portugal and Ferguson's assistant Carlos Queiroz knows him well. He was named in his country's Euro 2004 squad and is expected to establish himself in the side soon.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sport...oreira-is-no-1-pick-for-fergie-name_page.html

Moreira, Miquel, Luisao all to go??..why not Simao as well? Even though I'm a Portista, I hope all these players stay put.

22. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I also read this Moreira to Man U story on the Fox Sports site, so there might be some true fuel to the fire. If I were Benfica I would not make it an easy sell. Get more than 2.5 million out of Fergie.

This would obviously be a huge step in the kid's career and SAF can turn him into a mature keeper in a hurry.

23. Mercury20

Mercury20 New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    you'll notice that the fact-checker on that article was obviously asleep at the wheels on this one as Moriera didn't play vs. Porto.

i would hope they get more money than is being mentioned though, if it's to happen.

24. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah that article is shady, but like I said, Fox Sports has also reported this as well.

25. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada