Transfers Rumours (POST ALL TRANSFER RUMORS HERE!)

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Portista69, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Rui Costa has been rumoured to be going to Atletico Madrid!
    Any others involving SuperLiga teams or Portuguese players playing abroad?

2. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Re: Transfers Rumours

Cierco who is on a 2 week sneak preview with Newcastle might go as well. Former Benfica coach Sounness says he is very impressed by what he has seen from the 18 yr old Braga Striker.

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

Fabiano deal is not off yet, don't be surprise at a surprise :)

4. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada

What do you mean Frank?

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

I my be wrong but I got my inside's ;)

6. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada

Are you saying that you think Luis Fabiano will be sold in January?

7. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Nobody is going to give Porto the kind of money they pay for him, not at the way he's playing!

8. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Well, I don't know...Barca is desperate for some pop up front. They may be willing to get Luis Fabiano. Porto has a lot of depth up front. I know that Barca was a team that was seriously looking at getting him over the summer. They may get their man in the winter...

9. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada

This is exactly the thread this board needed :).

Rui Costa is already saying no to the deal involving Athletico Madrid.

10. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA

You're right.

I'm going to sticky this thread, please post any transfer rumors in this thread rather than starting a new one.

11. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Setubal's GK Ricardo Baptista to Fulham????

VAN DER SAR FUTURE IN DOUBT

Edwin van der Sar's Fulham future became even more uncertain on Saturday after manager Chris Coleman revealed he is close to signing Portuguese goalkeeper Ricardo Baptista.

Although Coleman continues to insist that van der Sar wants to stay, his move for 18-year-old Baptista indicates that he is keen to strengthen his goalkeeping department in January - possibly in anticipation of van der Sar's departure.

Baptista plays for Portuguese club Vitoria Setubal, and is considered a goalkeeper of much promise.

"We had him on trial here recently, and we are trying to get him in," Coleman said.

"We are currently negotiating a price with Vitoria Setubal. Good young keepers are hard to come by at the moment, and if someone was injured we might have a problem.

"He has a lot of potential, and he did very well when he was with us here for a week."

Baptista is likely to sign for the club - reports suggest he has already had a medical at Craven Cottage - when the transfer window re-opens in January.

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...18/SOCCER_Fulham_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=soccer

12. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  13. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    The man everyone seems to describe as being flamboyant (Abel Xavier) says he will sign with Blackburn within days:

He has experience of playing in the Premiership following spells with Everton and Liverpool and is looking forward to another crack at the top-flight with Blackburn.

"I've been told I will have an offer in the next 24 to 36 hours," the player revealed. "I have nothing to prove and feel strong."

http://www.4thegame.com/club/brfc/news/163791/xavier_set_for_rovers.html?cC=1

14. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm glad to hear the Abel is going to be playing again :D I don't understand why people keep knocking this guy, at one point he was a great asset to the NT :)

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  16. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Capello (Juve coach) has made a request to his president for Miguel :cool:
    Now the million$ question is, will benfica sell him and if so how will their nation react?

17. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Hi Frank

Are they looking to buy him alright ( Almeida ) or just get him on loan?

18. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Ciecro is very closed to signing a deal with Newcastle. Which means that he will be stuck in the reserves for a minimum of 2 years.

19. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    NO way in hell Porto is going to sell Hugo Almeida...of all teams Braga :rolleyes:

20. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  21. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    looks like Tinga has signed a 4 year deal with his new Club. Good move by both team and Player wiith Carlos Martins playing so well their is no place for Tinga.

22. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I believe they receive 300,000 Euros paid in three installments. And as you mentioned first dibs on 2 youngsters.

Not a bad deal, a bit of a soft player and wasn't going to see too much time in the midfield. So they only kept him 4 months.

23. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    From todays "A Bola"

SportingFoi Tinga, vem LabartheTinga vai jogar no Internacional de Porto Alegre, que pagará pela transferência cerca de 300 mil euros e ainda cederá, a título definitivo, por quatro épocas e meia, o jovem médio Marcelo Labarthe. No entanto, este ficará emprestado ao Internacional até ao final da temporada.

[​IMG] ASF No Brasil, a notícia da transferência de Tinga para o Internacional de Porto Alegre era dada como quase certa há já alguns dias. E, segundo A BOLA apurou, o brasileiro já não regressará a Portugal no dia 28, data em que os leões voltaram ao trabalho.

24. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada

Looks like this deal is going down the drain as Braga wants $ 4million Euros for him. Ciecro is headed back to Portugal as we speak.

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ