Transfers and Rumors Pt. II

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by CHICO13, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Interesting... why are arce and castillo both in oriente though? Didnt they have interests from brasil???

2. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Arce has been training since december when he got back from korea, yeah there was some intrest from brazil, but alot of the "intrest" from barzil was made up by oriente who own his pass, Castillio is a wierd case I don't understand why tecos doesn't sell him to Oriente or even allow Castillio to buy his pass back. I mean realisticaly Tecos has no intrest in having him back in mexico because of his reputation as a badass, they are just letting him rot which isn't cool with me. Deporte total said that he as a player had come to an agreement with his brazilian team but Atletico wanted him for the whole year and tecos wanted to loan him out only till mid year :confused:.. I think Tecos is saying pay back is a B++ch Castillio, i think this a good leason for everyone don't burn bridges ;)

3. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just to clarify guys. I read a bunch of articles on Castillo's situation and this is the deal.
    Since Castillo ended the year with great performances with Atletico Mineiro, that sparked Tecos' interest and since they own him they want him for the start of the mexican apertura. Tecos believes that Castillo finally got his mindset and playing ability right, so that's why they want him back in the team for the Apertura. Atletico Mineiro wanted to resign him until the end of december, but Tecos wants him back in Mexico in June for the beginning of the mexican apertura. So this situation left castillo with no club until June, and that's where Oriente comes in. They are willing to basicly be it's club until June, and Tecos agrees to this for free, because they want him back in time for the Start of the Mexican apertura, in June. Hope this helps.

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Nice. Tahnks for clearing that up. I personally perfer Brasil than Mexico as i feel the league is better and we bolivian players have a better fit over there because of our style of play.

But if they think he has 1st team material written all over him for tecos and they got his pass, lets hope he does well over there and can possibly go to europe from there.

5. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well to be honest in Brazil Castillo will get lost in the mix of players and talent, in Mexico, if he is in good form might shine more. Dont forget that a lot of players have been transfered out of the Mexican league and they get a lot of looks from the US. So it might not be bad for him to remain with Tecos (which is pointless cuz he don't have a choice) in hopes of shinning and gettting tansfered elsewhere.

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Truthfully, i cant even really think of any good bolivians that have had recent success or success ever in Mexico, Botero included who was often a sub and never their number 1. Trucco is the only one i can think of, maybe Ochoaizpur with Pumas but i dont think he was even there for that long.

In Brasil we have martins, arce, Mauricio Ramos, and Castillo who scored one of the best goals in his career, and in brasil for that matter.

7. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sorry dude but your wrong maybe the year after they won their first championship he started his downward spiral but, I worked at a mexican restuarant in 04-05 and i remember the ligia that year were he scored the most important goals for pumas and was the reason for their success that season. Plus if you don't think that winning a championship with a team is success then..???........, plus I know that Martins put Bolivia on the map in brazil but i can't think of a player that was as important in Brazil as Botero was for that one year in Mexico. I am not saying that Botero is better then Martins but for that one year in Mexico he was more important then Martins was to Cruzerio. After that year your totaly right he did fall from grace but that 04-05 season he was instrumental.

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, he scored some important goals, but never was their #1 striker over marioni. Fact is, he never turned out to be the monster they thopught they bought when he came from bolivar. He was a great goal scorer, but personally watching his games with them i couldnt see chemsitry there, i dont want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it was like they almost didnt want to pass him the ball, Marioni was their main guy it seemed. Botero was just their number 2 off the bench who was talented, but not enough to go to another big team in mexico after his falling out, with the whole alcohol thing.

I was surprised with San Lorenzo too. I thought he would do better in argentina....

Edit: I might be a little off tho' on what happened, i think he started off strong and then dropped off right?

9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Marioni and Botero are two different types of Forwards. One is a poacher, the other assists with the run of play. Botero is a poacher. Poachers aren't that sought after in Mexico as they are in Europe or MLS. I thought Botero would do better in Argentina given that his style of play is more suited for that sort of league.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think his game has changed over time t more supporting sort of striker. Hopefully he does good in mexico though.

11. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The whole Botero winning a Championship in Mexico got me thinking. List of Bolivian Players that have won Championships aborad?

J Botero, Pumas
    Etchevery, DC
    Moreno, DC
    E. Sanchez, Benfica
    Lorgio Alvarez, Libertad paraguay (i am not sure if he won with cerro?)

anyone else can add anybody to the list please it looks bleek.

I am not sure about

Garcia, Aris (i wanna say yes, but I am not 100%)
    Trucco, Pachuca (I am almost postiive)

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dont think Nacho ever won with Aris. Olympiakos won it since hes been there.

Melgar did well with Boca, but never won with them.

Not sure on Chocolatin at Argentino JRS i caught a game of theirs though vs. River in 89 on Partidazos on TyC. IMO the argentine league was waaaay better than now, and IMO the best soccer played even now...

Edit: Chocolatin' never won anything with them, but played well over there with them, and was a starter. From there he went to river.

Edit: Chocolatin played in 91' but not in 92. River won the argentine championship from 91-92.

Oscar Sanchez nevcer won anything with Independiente, but it is glorious enough to play with them, one of the biggest teams in argentina and south america.

Hmmmmm..... i cant really think of any other of our players playing for bigger teams or any of our guys winning championships outside of bolivia.

But back on topic,

13. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Platini won it with Boavista FC, not Benefica. I remember following that year (2000-2001) game by game when they wont it. IMO I think it´s the best league championship ever won by a Bolivian because of the history behind that championship run. They never won the title before and when he came along, he had a major role in leading the team to their 1st and still only championship. Reports have it that he ¨is considered to be Boavista F.C.s most influential player of the last 15 years, after captaining the team to the semi-finals of the 2003 UEFA Cup.¨ The team is currently in Second Division now. I compare this (a loose comparison) to Maradona and his stint with Napoli. The people in Oporto (city where the teams plays in) love this guy for what he helped accomplished for their team. In fact after the 2003 campaign, he came back as the team´s coach, which may have not been a good idea but at the time no one can blame him for coaching the team he led to success and for a city that loves him. He ¨left the club in March 2004, after a brief and unsuccessful spell as manager.¨

I guess that´s why even though I don´t know what the hell he is doing right now with the National Team, I still have a great deal of admiration for him just as I have for Moreno and El Diablo and what they accomplished. Don´t get me wrong, it´s freaking awesome what El Diablo did (I still think they should rename the MVP trophy after him) and what Moreno is still doing (he´s about to become the first 100/100 player in MLS and it´s gonna be a while before anyone does that, if it ever happens) but from a simple ¨level of play¨ perspective, what Platini did was incredible.

IMO, I think this is the most underrated story of a Bolivian player and his history, when it should in fact be the pedestal of what current players should strive for.

I may be wrong (have been many times before) but I don´t think so on this one.

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^I agree, platini was probably maybe... even better than Etch'. But from what i hear when he went to bigger club benfica, he wasnt able to play as well as he did with boavista.

He is a great player, he loved to put the ball inbetween players legs lol i loved that about him, but great players dont always turn into great coaches.

15. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He's back

Sucre / CORREO DEL SUR
    El argentino Martín Aguirre y el uruguayo Nicolás Raimondi se perderán la primera final de la Copa AeroSur del Sur ante San José mañana martes en Oruro (15:30) tras acumular dos tarjetas amarillas, cada uno, en la fase de clasificación desarrollada en Tarija.
    Los principales candidatos para reemplazarlos son el zaguero Elmer Ferrufino y el delantero Gastón Mealla, aunque el primero no está confirmado, ya que mañana podría reincorporarse al plantel el defensor Ronald Rivero, quien no pudo asegurar su incorporación al club israelí FC Ashdod.
    Eduardo Villegas, director técnico del plantel, informó que anoche el jugador debía arribar a Santa Cruz procedente de San Pablo, e inmediatamente o en las primeras horas de hoy deberá llegar a La Paz para ausentarse a Oruro. "Sabemos que estaba en Brasil, tuvimos un contacto telefónico con él (Rivero), estamos contentos porque tengo la información oficial del presidente (Jaime Barrón) que volverá a ser parte del equipo", expresó Villegas.
    El resto del plantel será el mismo que venció a Ciclón el pasado sábado en Tarija.

Good news for La U and for him, he is going to have the first part of the Lib. to show his talents and maybe get a better offer.:)

16. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    http://www.facetasdeportivastv.com/nota.php?id=3792

Fierro regreso de Macabi Tel Aviv con las manos vacias. Esta es la segunda ocasion en donde supuestamente tenia todo arreglado con un equipo del exterior y cuando llego apenas lo conocian. La primera ves fue cuando supuestamente tenia todo arreglado con FC Twente? de la Eredivise.

"por una parte muy trizte por haber sido prácticamente como engañado, porque yo de acá salí con otras cosas, que yo iba directo a firmar a pasar la prueba medica, llego allá y me encuentro que no es así, incluso entrene algo que no debía ser, porque yo con esa condición salí y bueno entrene porque no iba a viajar tanto para luego volverme ese mismo día"

Realmente pena por el chico porque se vio muy ilusionado de la oportunidad de jugar en el exterior y en un equipo grande como lo es el Macabi Tel Aviv. Si fuera el, yo me consigo un nuevo agente porque el que tiene aparentemente no sirve para nada.

17. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No es ninguna sorpresa. Hay varios jugadores que se hacen mamar con estos hijo's de p....

Creo que es requisito ser ladron para trabajar con los del la FBF. :rolleyes:

18. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Realmente increible que cada ves es la misma m**rda, cual fue al ultimo jugador que le paso lo mismo, Didi Torrico?

http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2009/2009-02-03/vernotadeportes.php?id=090202232818

Raldes no se quedara con las lechuguitas, a descartado esa posibilidad. Este link dice que tiene ofertas de mexico y de la coca cola championship de Inglaterra, tambien escuche que su nombre suena en la MLS en un nuevo equipo en seattle? Esa decision esta dificl, yo descartaria a inglaterra, especialmente la 2nda division. No habla el ingles y son muy torpes en la colaship ademas que les gusta a sus centrales de talla de gigante. Seguro se va a mls o mexico:(

Arce tambien tiene una oferta de brasil, aunque esta ves es de un equipo chico.

19. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No entiendo porque no le hacen la oferta a Arce aqui en MLS y especificamente en DC United :confused:

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hope Raldes could come to MLS or DC United, but really he is still not that old and could still play at a higher level than MLS. Its too bad he never made it to europe, and it is getting kinda' late in his career. I dreamed of one day seeing him in a Boca Jersey.... it seems like that will never be a reality.

But i hope he can find some good offers from teams in South America or Mexico.

Edit: And i just saw your post about arce chico, I wish he could come to DC, he has all the tools to do good here. He just would need to get used to the speed and the physicality. I dont know why they dont get in contact with his people though, maybe they think he will cost too much and not be worth it as a cheaper brasilian or argentine?

21. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good morning fellas looks like oriente is trying to keep conejo, i think its good for arce to stick it out in bolivia till june, i think that oriente is a good team and arce needs to build some confidence before he heads out. plus the club he is trying to negotiate with is broke which means that they might not have any descent players to play with arce. I know that Escobar is playing there but i am not convinced that he is enough.

Raldes rumored to be going to Cruz Azul...... I will believe it when I see him play. Good team though

22. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    DUDE! Arze has played in a faster and significantly more skilled league then MLS. Brazilian soccer is not for everyone. MLS is under some ignorant preconceived notion that our style doesn't fit well with theirs. To some extent true, but if they would have used the same analytical technique from the initiation of the league, they would have never signed Diablo or Moreno.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree with more skilled, but brasil IMO is NOT faster than the MLS nor more physical. MLS is like a lower skilled EPL/Bundesliga(even in germany more technical skill is needed). The skill isnt quite there like in brasil but the speed of the players and the pressure put on by the defense is very very challanging. Americans are known for their tip top conditioning, think back about how US coaches or HS teams put more emphasis on mile times or speed. Its a part of US culture.

Their soccer is just faster, more clumsy, and less technical.

The MLS is some place arce could work well in, he would just have to get used to the physicality and the pressure of the defense on attackers/rough play of the league, and laxed reffing.

Edit: For those of you guys that don't follow US soccer, and want an idea of how its run, check out this really interesting article on a ex' up and coming youth in Chile/ turned into MLS blogger.

He was an up and coming youth prospect in chile, and played in the US college system to get a scholar ship and a degree. Read his take on the college/US game. It really puts things into prospective to those that don't know, and is a really interesting read on this guy and how he came to the US.

http://www.thisisamericansoccer.com/soccer-culture/tias-en-espanol/#comments

Let me know what you guys think. Its a awsome article.

24. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nice article, especially his analysis of the type of player Gallardo is.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Yea, everything he said makes sense to me, its my exact sentiments. I played at the highest level of youth soccer growing up, up to my 18yrs old. I played at one time in my life the best youth team in the country, truthfully i wasnt all that impressed with them, beyond their fitness. Good lord we were friggin' out of shape compared to them.

We were the pure hispanic soccer team, that played very nice plays, short touches, nice through balls, passes, etc. But their fitness completely killed us, we lost to them the first time we played them, the next year we beat them at the same tournament.

For being #1 in the country it just shows what it takes, they had no creativity but their fitness was that of cross country runners. They all were in insane shape, no touch though.