Transfers and Rumors Pt. II

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by CHICO13, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow. Classic bolivian screw up job.

Good to hear Torrico coming to Bolivar, he has tons of talent. Its only a matter of time before he polishes up and goes to a bigger league than Poland.

And whats up with Lima being the spot to leave frmo in europe? Thats where Ricardo Pedriel was at before he left to romania.

2. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

LOL, still laughing at the report, i seriously think that from now on Mrs. Torrico needs to handle all aspects of Bolivans trying to go abroad.. Hell let her run the FBF, and the Liga she would have that place straighten out in a week. I will forever hold up all negoitions to Mrs Torrico's approval from on now.. LOL LOL LOL LOL :D

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^hahahahaha, seriously though i think bolivians are too trusting and too open minded to opp's. We have good players now, and deserve respect and better opp. and calling from bigger teams.

4. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The Mexican side Correcaminos from the second division (actually called Primera A Division) will begin the season this Sunday (Jan. 18th) and they have reported that they are still waiting for Botero to arrive as he continues to try to resolve his visa issues. Bottom line, I think he´s pretty much locked in to play for Correcaminos. I wouldn´t be surprised if he plays in the second, at most the third game.

http://www.naranjadecorazon.com.mx/c.../view/131/157/

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Man i really think he should well... rethink going over there. The second division of mexico is not where he should be.

He deserves a better quality side! I mean come on, hes tied with the most goals in the conmebol this qualifications!!!!

6. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hear ya. If he ends up eventually staying, which it looks like, I only hope he does well and the team does well enough to ascend next season and play in the first division. Who knows, maybe other Mexican teams in the 1st division might take interest and try to pick him up. Either way, I just hope this decision doesn´t waste 1 to 2 years of his career because he isn´t getting any younger.

7. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Luis Gutierrez is off to Israel to join Ironi for a five month loan. He's a central defender who many of you might remember from playing in both friendlies in the US. Sanchez played him at left back I think and he was pretty slow and got beat more than I'd like to remember, that might have to do with not playing his natural position though. Either way good luck to him, sounds like the Oriente folks aren't too happy about the way he left so who knows how welcoming they'd be at the end of the five month loan. They played in UEFA two years ago but I think they're struggling now.

http://www.facetasdeportivastv.com/nota.php?id=3535

The city is in the north of Israel near the border and within Hizbullah rocket range:eek: let's hope he does well and never has to concern himself with non futbol dangers.

8. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The best memory of this guy was two years ago when bolivia played argentina, he played left wing back and had the miserable job of marking messi .............. :( of course messi made him his B*T*H, he isn't that good as a central defender either, but he is very athletic

9. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey guys, does anyone know anything about Sergio Bastida? Apparently he is a soccer player listed as abolivian international in a swiss premier division team. A friend of mine happened to mention him, and that he is tearing it up as a midfielder for a few years in Europe by now.
    If this is true, this would confirm the "apadrinados" rumor that Platini Sanchez is know for. Howcome he has not been called up to the NT?:mad:

10. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    others..
    Luis Liendo played in italy from 03-05. i think that some brought Bastida to our attention

11. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    He was discussed at the bottom of this page Marco
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843589&page=4

[​IMG]
    He apparently was doing really well in Lugano back in 02 or so, and I'm amazed no one ever bothered to call him up, he would have been just 23 back then I believe. Even at the beginning of these qualifiers I would have been all for calling him up, especially considering some of the stiffs we trotted out there in the beginning. Or maybe he was called but wanted to play for Argentina. It's still not clear to me whether he's a naturalized bolivian or a naturalized argie. His wiki says he was born in Argentina, but the video which seems a friend or relative of his posted says he was born in La Paz. Has anyone shot him an email yet to see if he was ever called?

Liendo was a different case, he was playing in Serie C and frankly I'm not sure as to the quality of a Serie C team, and I believe he was called up to the NT at some point. In 08 Liendo was playing in the US for USL side Atlanta Silverbacks. He was supposed to be bought by MLS side NE Revolution but Atlanta wanted too much money for the transfer so it never went down. This upset him and caused him to fall out of favor there and was negotiating with Bolivar during the summer, but I don't think that ever went down. He's supposedly now with La Paz FC. He's 30.
    http://futbolistasbol.blogspot.com/2008/06/luis-liendo-gestiona-su-libertad-para.html

We all know that there is definitely an apadrinado situation with the NT, or at least there was in the beginning. I don't think this will change regardless of who the NT team coach is, especially if he's bolivian, it's just human nature.

I really don't think FBF knows of the players abroad who are eligible to play for Bolivia. There is no way they have the foresight to be proactive enough to actually spend resources on trying to uncover players abroad who are eligible to play for us and who could actually contribute. Who knows how many players overseas can actually play for us. Hell we don't even have a website for godsakes, even if some kid overseas wanted info or wanted to shoot an email to someone. Two players below are eligible to play for Bolivia because both their mothers are bolivian eventhough they were born overseas. I think they play or played in Sweden and/or Switzerland?

[​IMG]
    Amar Drndo - He was recently with swedish premier side Kalmar he's apparently now on a Div II side. He's still only 19 though.

[​IMG]
    Martin Smedbrg - He played in Sweden for a few years as well, his mother is Bolivian (I believe he's a strongest fan) Last I heard he was playing with Div I side Ljungskile SK, he may be out of futbol altogether now though. He's 24.

Now I wouldn't say these guys are good enough to be called up and play for our NT, but my point is I'd bet my bank account that FBF has no idea they even exist or they're eligible to play for us. It costs nothing to pick up a phone or shoot an email, make contact and follow someones career. There's more players with Bolivian mothers out there, i'd have to check my old laptop to get their info but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head. Would I rather see a 19yr old prospect like Amar getting called up to a meaningless youth friendly over some retread we've seen before who showed nothing? Yes, yes I would.

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It doesnt necessarily fall on the FBF, cause our federation is poor, and doesnt have the assets to keep track of players like this, or a big enough radar to know they exist. Players like this have to make themselves known, throw a video of their best work at them, shout at them telling them they exist. It falls on the players too is my point.

13. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think with the power of the internet, everything is possible. I think we should try to get a hold of some young straight shooting fbf intern and let him know whats going on and maybe bigsoccer can recruit for the nt. ......................... just a thought.

but i feel you guys on your all points but the fact that the fbf has no website is shocking its 2009 for god sakes........... :(

14. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    There was one Bolivian player that played in Sweden (I think) and did horrible for the nats back in the mid 90's.

Maybe the FBF has this preconceived notion that anybody that plays in a country starting with an "S" is not worthy of a call up.... LOL! That or it's their ignorance to use resources as simple as the internet to find players.

Wasn't there some tournament in France that Tauichi played in like 7 years ago where two tauichi players stayed behind to sign contracts?

15. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Dude, send them a freaking letter. I bet this would make their day. Think about it, the people here can speak/write English pretty fluently, which in turn leads to more secondary research being done vs. somebody in Bolivia that's using dial up internet, and can barely speak/read english very well.

Your idea makes sense man. Make the letter and have Mr.Nilo or somebody here proof it. My spanish writting (and reading, speaking, etc) sucks.

16. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    lets do it man we just need the blessing of the whole crew plus someone here has to know someone in fbf, i know someone is related to mojica and someone else said that they were related or good friends with the goalie coach on the nt. we need people to speak up and make this happen. but most important we need the blessing of the rest of the peeps.

17. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Their website is www.fbf.com.bo

18. AleBoliviano

AleBoliviano Member

Sep 14, 2007
    NOVA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    sup guys, just came back from Bolivia, and everything is lookin good there except for my queridos tigres..:( anyway im back to catch up on the forum. anyway i'll be doin some research from now on and will let u guys kno about anything recent alright...
    btw, the girl in the fbf website is bangin..lol

viva Bolivia

19. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Update: It´s official. The Visa Issues have been resolved and Botero has joined his new team, Correcaminos, as of today and could start as early as their first game tomorrow (Sunday).

http://www.naranjadecorazon.com.mx/cms/content/view/132/158/

Are you talking about the girl with the headset in the Contacto link? Yeah, she is banging but I think she is neither Bolivian nor has ever had any affiliation with the FBF. The way technology has advanced, she probably isn´t real. When I first read your message, I thought they had Miss Bolivia or FBF girls on the site, which they should because that would be awesome. It would probably get more hits too. :D

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    "No vendemos ilusiones, compramos compromisos"

Que huevon :rolleyes:

Por fin tenemos photo de el criminal #1 del futbol boliviano

21. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

Draft it man. When your done, I'm sure some peeps here will proof it.

22. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I can't draft my spanish is second grade at best who wants to volunteer?

23. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    My Spanish is good, but my mom's is a lot better and I can write something up and she can proofread it. I think to make matters easy we should, in one email to me combine the points we need to make. Obviously we wont all agree on the points, but i can take them write something up and send it back to you guys to read. Signed will be "Bolivianos del EEUU... listing our names" The other option is to open a thread on this, keeping the suggestions one per customer sort of speak, that way i can keep the thoughts and message coherent. If that works for you guys let me know.

24. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's a good idea, especially for a Bolivarista :D

Just kidding, start a thread and we can build it up. I notice most of the regular posters post here when we're getting ready to play a NT game so we might want to let it sit for awhile.

25. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Both.

Who knows, maybe those FBF dudes don't know how to open a link. An email and a letter sent to them via snail mail will likely get some attention. The more communication channels the better.

These guys know how to do their jobs for the most part. We just want to offer our resources which is really helping out with secondary research that will be greatly improved by English fluent speakers/readers. It may feel like something small, but it is likely something major for them considering their overhead may not allow for decent translators. Most of the translations I've seen in many BOlivian websites were wack.

LOL! If we find something of benefit to them ( a half ass unknown BOlivian playing in Italy or wherever) or the national team, lets only request tickets to future bolivian nats games in RFK (or something like that)... but nothing monetary.

They can decide how they can use our English and internet resources. As far as I know, that's all we really have to offer. I'm sure they have hundreds of ideas but are limited due to costs of implementation ( or lack of planning).