Transfers and Rumors Pt. II

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by CHICO13, Dec 25, 2008.

1. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well, the level of play is pretty poor. The playoffs (of what I watched were ok) but not captivating. Having MLS Cup in Toronto on a Sunday night was assine. It was cold, bleak and not travel worthy for the fans. MLS has serious issues in trying to be like the NFL. Why pre-determine a sight for the Cup when you don't know if your team is going or not? You literally have a week to book a flight, hotel, tickets, car and everything else. Believe me I know, I've done it 5 times.

Not totally down on MLS because they've made great strides in the stands and some on the field but I thought that after 15 years they'd be farther along than this.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bingo. MLS cup ISNT the superbowl.... They need to see that. People arent going to the MLS cup no matter who plays... it isnt like that.

They need to give the higher seed a home field advantage, we've seen what happened when DC played in the RFK at home in 97', 65k full!!!

3. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agree with you Pollo, Jhasmany is quality. Remember he could have played for Dynamo Kyiv already, but because of his lack of body muscle/mass he didn't get the gig. He def has what it takes to make it leagues like Spain, Italy, Argentina. We can only hope.

4. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Jhasmany is talented, but I don't think he's got much speed or the toughness necessary for most european leagues. I really don't remember him being a very athletic dude. It'd be great if I'm wrong. Dude has a wicked shot and a sweet touch.

Hopefully Chuma can land in a league that's faster then the Bolivian League. Any faster league (MLS, Chile, Mexico 2nd div argie or Spain.... anywhere faster)

5. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  6. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Wow. Great read.

AMen to him. He's a very good talent that simply became sloppy with his off field tactics. He's still young enough to make a decent name for himself.

Good luck to him. If he pans out, I won't know what to say. We seem to be well off in the Forward position.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wish him the best.

I really hope third times the charm. He is getting too old to flush down a career. At basically 28 most fguys already established. He has a good handful of years left to contribute if he takes care of himself well....

I wish him nothing but the best at Estudiantes Tecos.

8. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    He had a similar interview almost two years ago. I've heard it all before, he's matured, he no longer goes out every night, his focus is on his career, blah blah blah.

At this point he's who he is. A very talented player who flushed away a great potential career. For the sake of his family I hope he can become a serviceable professional but as far as being an impact player on the international scene, he's finished. Burned the candle on both ends of the stick for far too long.

It just sickens me that every generation we have the same damn cautionary tales and the upcoming youth don't seem to learn.

9. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    guys there are rumors of Roberto Galindo, coming to peru to melgar.
    how good is he? NT material?

and i would like to know about federico garcia also plis =) apreciated

10. pollo86supremo

Oct 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hmmmm Peru?? wow, but to answer your question hes a very good poacher, hes always in the right place at the right time!! he was ballin in la copa sudamericana, and there were rumors of him going to spain, but rumors are always rumors till the player wears the jersey and kicks the ball

11. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    R. Galindo is nearing his 30s I think.....so he probably doesn't have much left in him. However, he did great in Copa Sudamericana, I think he scored in pretty much every game he played. And he also did awsome in Bolivian league, though Bolivian league's level is below Peruvian league so who knows how he will fare there. He has 2 or 3 caps with the nat, and I wouldnt be surprised if he is in the N.T. bench in Copa America (though he probably won't get many mins on the field). BTW, seems like you are an Alianza fan, so you might be familiar with this guy's older brother Gonzalo Galindo.

12. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Federico Garcia is an OK defender. Very inconsistent though.

13. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    thanks guys =)

14. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Roberto Galindo is the best Bolivian striker in the Bolivian league, in my opinion.
    He tore it up in La Sudamericana, his gols eliminated Colo colo, Cerro Porteno off the tournament.

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Here is all his goals that made him get known outside of bolivia. Especially the ones in the sudamericana.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ2ZShJeOBE"]YouTube - Roberto Galindo - Goals 2010[/ame]

Surprised its just melgar, and not one of the bigger teams.... Oh well. Hope he kicks ass over there if that is where he is headed.

16. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    i know melgar is a small club but with history if he does good en el paertura talves pa el clausura un grande lo jale

17. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
  18. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nice to hear.
    But it be best if Roberto Galindo signed with Bolivar or Oriente, big Bolivian clubs who will be taking part in Libertadores next year.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wouldnt mind him signing with Bolivar next. I actually think he'd be better then any extranjero that we could afford.

20. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would agree there! Plus his gols would make the team that much better.

21. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Changing subjects, I think this makes it official for El Negro Castillo:

http://www.tecos.com.mx/noticias_detalleb.php?id=211

I really hope this lad can finally mature. He is a good kid (I met him personally several times, as you may recall from previous posts), but likes to party too much. He really has had more chances than most get.

22. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    b/c he has the talent but not the discipline it takes..a great number of soccer players have learned to control themselves and played for years until their body's allowed them to, like..

paolo maldini
    erwin sanchez:p
    VERON

then there were those who chose to party and ruined their reputations
    adriano
    ronaldnho
    maradona

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting you brought up Platini.

I found these 2 videos of his goals for Boavista.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYBYspkynSc"]YouTube - 1996/97 - Final da Taça de Portugal - Boavista 3 Benfica 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcJRLrTi88"]YouTube - Boavista 1999-2000 - Boavista 2 - Alverca 0[/ame]

Interesting stuff. Typical Platini goals.

Real nice FK and PK from him in the one vs. Benfica.

I also found I guess a video for suiters interested in his son. Check it out, apparently he I guess was born in Portugal.

Erwin Jr. Sanchez.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DR1G7Y-doo"]YouTube - Erwin Sanchez - Santa Cruz, Bolivia. Soccer[/ame]

24. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Anyone heard anything about:
    Jhasmany Campos- i know he has offers from clubs del exterior

Ignacio Garcia- ended his contract with Aurora due to the poor way they behaved with him, after his injury with the NT. Now looking to sign for other clubs, he even mentions that there are offers from el exterior.

Marvin Bejarano- heard he has offers

Roberto Galindo- should sign with a team in La libertadores

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I doubt he signs anywhere outside of bolivia, especially with that injury. No team is going to want to take in a player fresh off a torn ACL. Fact.

Bejarano deserves to go to a team in argentina IMO with his good form in the sudamericana, he is speedy and gets the style of play they play with in Argeinta, quick 1-2 passing and agressive runs from the LB spot.

Galindo is the perfect signing right now for bolivar for up front....