Alert: Transfer Window Talk!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by benni..., Oct 14, 2021.

1. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    @Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 loves closing the summer and winter window threads, despite the fact that rumors happen all year long. I know the transfer thread is probably one of the more busy threads and requires a lot of attention, but there's no need to rush to close them.

Some of the rumors that have popped up since the last thread was closed:

- Declan Rice is our no. 1 transfer priority, allegedly. But he is also too exspensive.

- Because of the above, Phillips is alleged to be the alternative.

Real question. @Ashur has brought him up plenty of times. How the ******** are we not interested in Aurelin Touchameni? Had a very good game vs Spain, next to Pogba. Seems to be an all rounder.

Frank Kessie is a free agent in the summer, and can start talking to clubs in January.

2. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    A lot depends on Pogba signing or not. Suddenly we might need the money for someone to fill Pogba's boots and if we invest big on any of them, then we'll be back at square one with our midfield problems.

3. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    dunno why name is being called up here. this is how the window threads have worked for years now.

as for this one well

4. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Because im just having fun.

The international window made me do it. But please dont lock it.

5. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Kessie would not require a transfer fee.

6. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    no worries.

i actually think this will be a good experiment. at this point some might say too early for a winter window thread or just make one anyawy but this is an intermediate so let's see how it goes.

it wouldn't really make sense to talk about future transfers in a thread for a completed window

7. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    as for Kessié i recall someone mentioning he was a United fan or once said he dreamt to play for United. that would be cool.

another option is raiding financially ruined Barcelona for Frenkie de Jong. especially if Koeman isn't going to last the season

Deadtigers repped this.
  8. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm sure Donnie will give us a good review :rolleyes:

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1448945456948580353 is not a valid tweet id

Unsurprisingly, his value looks to have seriously increased compared to what it was just this past summer..

Deadtigers repped this.
  10. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I have not watched Tchouameni enough with Monaco but the game against Spain he was further up the pitch. He is a better version of McT if that is the case which is not what we want.

11. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Newcastle could now prove helpful as a destination to try and unload some players. Particularly as wages will not be a problem - which is often what causes us issues in moving some on.

Poor sources, but reported Lingard had reps in the crowd at Newcastle this weekend.

Newcastle were also one of the few clubs linked with Phil Jones in the summer. Though that would probably require them keeping Steve Bruce around to try and keep them up if they don't get a replacement manager before the summer.

Deadtigers, Futbol_Head and jeff070 repped this.
  12. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Lingard/Lindelof/Matic/Jones would be perfect there.

Deadtigers repped this.
  13. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Two shocking results of this thread:

1. Some of you muppet all year long.
    2. Ashur only has 1 post/tweet in here so far.

J'can and Anonymous_United repped this.
  14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's over 500k/wk. Don't doubt that United will still be interested in him, despite Ronaldo being there for at least another year.
    With that being said, if they were to miss out on him, I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Victor Osimhen and he's who we should pivot to if we were to miss out on Haaland. And like Haaland, different type of striker than Mase as well..

Deadtigers repped this.
  15. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Osimhen works very hard for the team and is always getting better with his technique. I think he has greater potential than Mbappe. Napoli have signed a marvel, but the major credit belongs to Gattuso. He has helped him become that much more mature as a person and player.

16. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    I will take Osimhen if we cant get Haaland but Napoli would demand ridiculous money for him. so it would be wise to wait and see how he progress.

Deadtigers repped this.
  17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The striker market is relatively barren right now and it's interesting that Serie A has a couple of very good prospects in that area. Haaland is the ultimate prize obviously but given the competition for his signature (on top of the crazy demands Raiola is sure to make), it would be a very good thing for United to look at and possibly move on alternatives like Osimhen and Vlahovic.
    Still early days on both players but what they're showing right now make them intriguing at the very least. The way they're going, their own valuations is sure to rise quickly.

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Best case scenario for me would be that we manage somehow to keep Pogs and bring in this guy to play alongside him (and Bruno?) in a mid 2 or 3.
    If the event that Pogba does leave, still bring in Tchouameni as the big ticket CM this summer, plus nab Kessie on a free from Milan if he doesn't sign a new contract with them.
    The midfield would be all but set for years, particularly with some of the youngsters coming up.

19. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Thank god we got your hot take on tchouameni! I don’t know what all of us would have done without that brand new and riveting perspective.

Deadtigers and MizzouMUFC repped this.
  20. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we can't get Haaland, what would you think about going for Lautaro Martinez?

21. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He does love the flavor of the month. Always jumps right on that bandwagon as if he's been scouting them for years.

Deadtigers repped this.
  22. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Unfortunately Lautaro recently signed a long-term contract with Inter. Hard to see him leaving now.

23. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Donny could be heading to Barcelona on loan.

24. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Good for him :thumbsdown:

25. Pulp

Pulp Member+

Feb 13, 2013
    TO / CA
    Can't wait to see which high-priced player we sign and then never play next season.