Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Unless Delaney and Meunier want to leave the club on their own accords becasue they want the playing time then I do not see how we can sell them as they will not get close to the wages they're making currently at otheir next destinations.

For GK, I would like them to look at Gregor Kobel from Stuttgart who is probably the best young keeper in the BL at this point by a good margin. He is only 23 and already shows excellent shot-stopping abilities due to his great athleticism. Moreover, he is also Swiss and we know Doetmunds recent affinity with Swiss goalkeepers. An outside candidate I like is Dominik Livakovic from Dinamo Zagreb who has been a stud everytime I've seen him play andis not fully entrenched as Croatia's #1 as well. Both will probably cost us around 20M.

If Sancho leaves, than the two BL candidates should be Diaby from Leverkusen or Baku from Wolfsburg.

Guendouzi is probably the more realistic option than Bissouma as I see the top PL teams are going to be after him as well where he will get paid much more than at Dortmund.

I don't see Hakimi coming back.

2. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Apparently one prime GK target was Mike Maignan from Lille, however it appears he will be signing for AC Milan instead. Another keeper being strongly linked is Trabzonspor's Ugurcan Cakir, some source suggesting a €20m offer will be submitted.

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Obviously I haven't seen these keepers and can't comment on how good they are. However, good that we were looking for a keeper.
    Delaney loves football and despite being on a big contract I actually think we won't have trouble selling him. He has said many times that he wants to get minutes and that is a big factor whether he stays or goes. If he is told he won't be getting any minutes then I can see him going.

Meunier is a different matter. We need to hope for Belgium to have a great Euros. Maybe then a Premier League club will come in for him. We really messed up with that signing.

With the keepers I think it really takes thorough scouting not even just the 10 or so games a season, but week in week out for a couple of seasons.

Baku and Diaby aren't good enough. I have seen a lot of both and don't think they will ever reach the quality required. I would rather take the gamble on a highly talented winger like Dembele/Sancho/Mor/Pulisic for 10-20 million Euros, thanks get a player clearly not good enough.

I think Guendouzi is realistic too, has played in the Bundesliga and would be relatively cheap. As for Bissouma, it depends on who comes in for him.

Concerning Hakimi it depends on Inter Milan's finances. They may have to sell they may not.

In a perfect world I would sell Burki, Bellingham, Delaney, Meunier and Thorgan. Use that money to bring in Guendouzi, Hakimi and a GK, but that's that's impossible dream.

What do people think about selling Thorgan? For me he is too injury prone and hasn't delivered. In a dream scenario where we could keep Sancho for another year I would sell Thorgan, but with Sancho going we probably need to rely on the stability he brings

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Hakimi winning the league with Inter may be well enough to keep him there. Im not sure what that gains them financially and if it settles their issues..

Everyone keeps talking about teams having to sell off players to make ends meet. Who is going to buy these players then? If everyone is a seller then its a buyers market and it seems most are taking losses.

5. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I am not sure we need a midfielder. Only if Dahoud leaves. And I don't see why we would sell a good backup like Delaney. Why not sell Witsel instead who's probably making more. He's overrated, and a club with a defensive minded coach will want him. (Let's hope Mourinho finds a job this summer!)

I think we need a CB, an RB and to replace Sancho and Dahoud if they leave.

BTW.. if lose both Sancho and Dahoud leave, then we are only left with Brandt and Guerreiro as our creative players, and we'll be boring to watch and we'll be screwed next season, if we don't add some creativity in any position.

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Passlack has extended his contract, which is mildly surprising. Meanwhile reports say that Dahoud wants affirmation that Rose has a plan for him in the squad before engaging in extension talks. It would be a huge loss to sell him given that he has the complete skillset required of midfielders in this day and age. I'm pretty confident they'll hold on to him.

All the writing on the wall suggests that Bürki will move on so it's really crucial to nail the goalkeeper acquisition. I'm not saying they need to sign someone truly world class, but at least who is in the top 2-3 in the Bundesliga, on the level of Gulácsi.

Otherwise we'd be lucky to sell Meunier, but the long-term answer at RB is a tough question unless Morey improves a lot over the next year. I know that the reporting has been consistent that buying Hakimi was financially out of the question, but 35m seems like it would have been good value. I think Zorc, Favre, and Watzke outthought themselves and made up footballing reasons not to keep him. Hakimi himself has commented that Conte has helped develop his defensive and tactical side. The shitshow at Suning is one to keep an eye on though - they literally disbanded their Jiangsu club team months after winning the Chinese Super League, and they've been peddling Inter to potential buyers for the past year.

Anyway the Super League debacle makes me hopeful that we'll potentially hold on to both Sancho and Haaland.

7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to reports the club is set to extend Bellingham’s contract.

8. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to reports the club is set to extend Bellingham’s contract.

9. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I will address the Hakimi replies here. As Naopon said it really does depend on the situation at Inter. Just how bad is their financial trouble.

That's the conundrum at the moment. It's a buyers market, but nobody has any money, which is precisely why it's even more of a buyers market. This is another reason I suspect they loosened the fair play restrictions. They were hoping for the oil clubs to make some much needed signings and inject money into the game.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Expected, but disappointing. We could have really cashed in on him. He reminds me a lot of Milner, Davies and Hojberg. They played young, but didn't really have what was needed to become top players.
    I would be the first to sell Witsel, but it's just not possible. He is out injured and on his last year. He is also a player that nearly always chooses money. He went to China and Russia in his prime. I think it's guaranteed he simply just sits out next season so he can leave on a free and get another pay check.

As for Delaney he gives everything, but so would I if I was playing for Dortmund. At the end of the day he does not even protect the defensive well enough for a top team. However, what absolutely kills him is his lack of ability to receive and pass the ball under pressure. You think Can was bad against City, but he is leagues above Delaney. It's so bad that Dahoud has to drop deep to play 6, because nobody else can do it.

The crazy thing is we want to sell Brandt. I think a Sancho replacement is a given.

There's just no point buying a CB now that Akanji has extended. We have Hummel, Akanji, Zagadou, Can and Koulibali. It's a waste.

A RB is a must. Morey can continue to get some chances next season, but he has shown repeatedly he is not yet anywhere near the level required.

I am finding with Passlack extending. He is a local boy, loves the club gives everything, has absolutely no value in the transfer market and can come in for easy games. He won't complain He covers a variety of positions and seems well liked.

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kobel, the obsession with Swiss keepers continues lol. Nubel would interest me the most of those options in terms of ability/potential, however I doubt very much it would happen or be a popular move with the fanbase.

13. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    IDK why fans would be against Nübel. Remember Steffen Freund? He was signed directly from Schalke.

14. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    LikeI have previously mentioned, I was hoping they would consider Kobel as I think he has the most high end potential of the bunch mentioned but Gulasci and Casteels are obviously better right now. Problem is that both will cost 20M+ and, in Gulasci's case, coming to Dortmund would be more of a lateral move so I'm not sure if he would even consider us.

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Gulacsi has a release clause, recently I've seen numbers around 12.5 million. I rate Casteels as well but both have also shown errors. Both are generally more solid and would be instant improvements, of course.

Concerning Nübel, he'd likely only be able to leave on a loan and I'm not sure he'd make us better. I liked him at Schalke and would have loved to get him back then but since then it has become obvious that he isn't there yet. It makes no sense for us to develop him so that he can eventually take over when Neuer retires if he turns into a top keeper.

16. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe offer 10m + Burki for Kobel? Think Burki is decent for a mid table team like Stuttgart.

podrinje and BVBFNM repped this.
  17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it looks like right back needs to be circled and underlined on the shopping list. Zorc can’t afford to try and fill this spot on the cheap - get someone who is legitimately good.

BVBFNM repped this.
  18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We need 4 positions and have very limited funds.

1. Gk
    2. RB
    3. CDM
    4. RW

Realistically if we sell

Sancho for 75 million
    Delaney for 10 million
    Burki for 5 million

So we could have about 90 million raised.

We probably have to pocket 30-40 million to pay for our debts.

Guendouzi for 15 million
    GK for 15 million
    RB for 15 million
    Sancho for 15 million.

19. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We sell Sancho for 75 million and then buy him for 15 million? How does that work?

astrophyz repped this.
  20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Thats genius sell Sancho for 75 buy him back for 15.

In all seriousness I meant to write buy a Sancho replacement.

I would be comfortable starting marches next season with a front four of Reus, Brandt, Reyna and Haaland. So we can have a bit of a gamble and go for a very talented youngster we can develop.

21. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'd be surprised if Brandt doesn't request the option to look for a new club. He has no reason to stay except hoping that Rose has a formation with Brandt in his mind. International tournaments are coming up as well and this was a lost year.

22. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The players I’ve seen mentioned the most in the past year when it comes to potential Sancho replacements have been Memphis Depay and Donyell Malen, however I think Depay’s wages will be too much and Malen’s agent is Raiola. A talented youngster seems a better option.

23. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Hopefully he doesn't, because we are going to need him when Sancho goes and Reus ages.
    I have to be honest, I haven't seen much of either of those two (nothing of Malen) in the last three years.

I know they both can play on the wing, but Depay is more of a striker these days and that would be a bad signing.

Malen fits the profile, but when Sancho leaves I think we need another dribbler. Someone who is going to create space by beating a man.

If we could get Hudson-Odoi, that would be a great signing. Rafael at Leeds is another player I like.

However, I am actually quite happy with Knauff and Reyna, especially if Reus moves to the wing. I don't think we are desperate for a winger even if Sancho goes.

I would much rather focus on the 6, GK and RB.

24. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I've never watched Hudson-Odoi and been impressed.

I don't think our other wingers are that creative. We definitely need to replace Sancho's creativity (and if Brandt or Dahoud leave, their creativity too.)

I'm happy with Can in midfield. I think people are fixating too much on his recent gaffes and forgetting the past season and a half of good stuff.

I'd rather a new CB.

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Hudson-Odoi has huge amount of talent, but he has been disappointing.

I think Reyna and Reus would do a good enough job.

As for Can it has nothing to do with his gaffes. He just simply is not good enough on the ball to he the 6. I like Can and would definitely keep him for the future.

However, letting Dahoud and Brandt leave would be a catastrophe.