Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Im a little bit concerned about Sancho talks again, if the english media is believed, transfer is still alive.. Apparently BvB are ready to negotiate again, i mean if this is really true, Watzke and Zorc would lose all credibility.
    We would end like a joke if we decide to sell Jadon in the end, even if they offer 120M+..

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    "if the english media is believed" is the crucial part.

I think it's telling that some (international) randoms on social media or maybe some in the English media still think that the negotiations are in progress while the German side of that equation is very silent about this topic. I'd start taking it seriously if publications like Kicker pick it up who usually filter out the rumours they cannot substantiate.

I agree that Watzke and Zorc would look like jokes but everything behind their reasoning makes sense and I trust them here. If there was a deadline due to the need of getting essential players ready for the start of the season, then it's even more ludicrous to entertain selling a key player a month later and a week before the official games start.

So, I'm not concerned and since the end of the deadline I surely didn't lose any sleep worrying about losing Sancho. I believe though that there are many who play games with the hopes of the ManU fans without any basis.

3. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The English press will keep it alive because they need stories to get hits on their sites. Man Utd stories always run on for ages as they have the biggest fanbase who are pretty easy to string along.

BVBFNM and astrophyz repped this.
  4. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I wish we go for Puig...
    Offer them 25M!

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe #unleashthewolf plus 15m would do it ;)

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I don't think we need to do much. Sell Delaney/Witsel, which will free up wages.

Get a cheap striker and a good young CB. That's all we need. I aleady think we have the best squad out of any team in Euope.

8. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Come on now, enough with the over exaggerations. How many of our guys walk in to Bayern's starting 11!? I can't count more than 2 at most...so how can we have the best squad in Europe then?

BvB_Peon repped this.
  9. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    No over exaggeration at all.

Sancho would get into the Bayern team.
    Reus when fit still gets into over Muller.
    Meunier gets in over Pavard
    Hummels gets in over Boateng or Suele.

Then Raphael probably loses out to Hernandez but he is quality.

Then we need to start looking at the bench. We clearly have the better options.

Look at today. We have the likes of Hazard, Zagadou, Reus, Dahoud, Brandt and Raphael not starting today and we still went and comfortably beat Gladbach.

The players are that good and if we stick with a rubbish manager they will go and show it.

Reus, Haaland, Sancho, Hummels and Raphael are some of the best players in the world in their position. No doubt about it.

10. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Imo Raphael > Hernandez. But they also have Davies and Alaba.

Bayern has the better starting xi, especially in midfield however Dortmund has the better depth imo.

With a top coach this team could be insane, top 4 in Europe imo.

11. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I will agree that Dortmund does have the greater depth but their first 11 superiority far outweighs our depth superiority.

For me the only two that would get into Byern's first team are Sancho and Meunier and even that is close. It's easy to play the "when fit" card but your best ability is availability and Reus for me is a non-starter.

Right now, the potential is clearly on Dortmund's side and a superior offensive-minded coach would surely make much greater use of our cuurrent options. The risk, however, is will the new coach even want to give so many minuted to the young guys like Favre is doing?

12. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    We have to find new Reus, better version of Reus... Marco is history and you cant relay on him when it comes to big and important games. I wish in the near future we will have some elite young German GK, CB and AMF...

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sancho and Reyna are the “new Reus”. If you want someone as good as peak Reus right away, you have to pay €100m.

podrinje repped this.
  14. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Exactly. At this point the best bet for finding the "new Reus" is developing Reyna. According to Bild, we are currently working on tying him up to a new long-term deal beyond his current that expires in 2023.

15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Hummels easily walks in over Boateng.

Anyway it's pointless to keep arguing.

With Favre the team will win nothing.

The likes of Witsel and Delaney certainly are not comparable to Bayern players.

BVBFNM repped this.
  16. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
  17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol Sky Sports UK sent this dude to Dortmund so he could stand outside club facilities every day.

Jesco von Eichmann from Sky Sports Germany relayed his question at the presser and Zorc quipped "I see your colleague outside everyday and hope he's been well taken care of and fed in Dortmund" hahaha

astrophyz repped this.
  18. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    It's ridiculous. All that noise for clicks.

19. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    We are after Todibo.. As i said before, did he got a fair chance at Barca? He was bought as a wonderkid.
    He is only 20, he cant be worse than Akanji, no way im hell

20. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Why do we need to give so many minutes to the younger guy? I remember when Pulisic and Sancho started with us they were subbed in not starting. They did so well it did not last long now they start over guys like Brandt and that's not normal to me. Dahoud needs to play more to, he never has the chance to play.

21. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No they are not (especially Reyna, promising maybe but he didn't do anything yet). Both will leave sooner then later for EPL it is written in the sky. Reus is a true and tested BvB until the end.

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can have stars and talents while managing the issue of how to keep and replace them, or you can settle for Felix Passlack as your featured star. There is no new Marco Reus.

23. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    No more departures this transfer window, I’d say it’s almost a pity Bürki and Akanji haven’t left, weak points in our defense. I think we’d manage very good without them. Mounier could play CB in a 3 back line, as he’s hopeless as WB. Then we could be more active with transfers in the winter

24. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Alternatively, you could still pusH Meunier back into the RCB spot and play Hazard as RWB ...

25. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I don't think we can judge Meunier from a few games. He needs to develop chemistry with the team. I think you guys may be comparing him to Hakimi.

I think Meunier so far isn't bad. He just needs to understand his teammates better. He probably won't get to Hakimi's level, but that shouldn't be how we measure his performance.