Transfer Thread 2020/2021

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Rumours: Sancho want out in the summer...
    Thats something new, who wants to stay 2-3+ seasons with us?

2. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Are these reliable rumours?

I feel all these rumours are created to destabilize him, and make him think of leaving. Delaney came out and said that it's been stressing him.

3. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I just dont understand why would he wanna go to United, i understand if you want to go to Real, Barca, Juventus, City, Lpool... But United?
    A team that needs minimum 3-4 top class players to be in the same sentence with those team i mentioned.. To me that would be a risky move, United have some talents and quality in Martial, Rashford, Bruno... But thats too short for a great team..
    I am mentioning United because almost every rumour is that United wants him bad and he wants United...

astrophyz repped this.
  4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    He is an idiot if he goes there.

5. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    He is from London and the logical choice is Chelsea which is also in some combinations and in my opinion is a team with more quality players and better future than ManU..
    If he really wants to go, i dont want him to go to a team that has less quality than we do, i mean that would be a serious slap in the face to Dortmund..
    But the problem is that Unites has the most cash of all big clubs and thats why they are favourites.. They can splash 100M+

6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I thought Chelsea had the biggest budget currently. They didnt spend for the past year after the 6 month ban and then didnt buy during the winter either.

7. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    They bought Ziyech, for 40M, a abrgain for that kind of player..

8. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    As long as it's not Favre I'm all for it...

9. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Why not a new guy on the rise with everything to prove ala Klopp back in the days? Instead of left over coaches who weren't good enough for another team? We give chances to young players, why not a young coach?

BVBFNM repped this.
  10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nagelsmann kinda fits your description, but he's seemingly happy in Leipzig.

Also, any prospective coaches must be fluent in German, which severely narrows down our list.

11. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I would even add that United destroyed so many talents lately: Di Maria, Sanchez, Pogba (vs when he was at Juve), Martial, even Rashford has been quieted. They all go there and their spark disappears. You can even ad De Gea to the list.

12. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I think someone like Pochetinno is young and ascending, and not a "left over". At the same time he's not totally inexperienced at the level we want to reach.

I think getting an unproven young manager can be risky, because we don't have much of a runway with this squad. I can imagine we can only convince Sancho and Haland to stay 1 more year. And they would only stay more if we achieve something next season, which I'm convinced we can with this squad and a top coach.

Alex C repped this.
  13. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Why not Ten Haag?

14. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hiring a young up and coming coach is risky, plus it also plays straight into the image of being a stepping stone/development club. If the management are serious about being a club that regularly challenges for trophies, then hiring a top rated coach will help project the image that they mean business.

astrophyz repped this.
  15. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    I hope they will not hire someone like Farke, that would be a statement that the club isnt serious about contending at all.. But just developing young players and selling

16. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    We should go for Thuram, he is good, can only get better with better teammates.. And i dont think he would be extremely expensive, maybe something like Hazard...

17. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I don't know why clubs splash out so much money on players, but not on coaches, even though a value of a good coach is much more than one good player IMO.

We should pay up for a good coach. That's what I'm saying!

18. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    When i think about it, this is very likely our new coach.. Knows language, plays attacking attractive football, isnt expensive..

19. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are you planning to win the Buli anytime soon cos I don't think Marsch has what it takes to compete with Bayern. Just go for Ten Haag

Alex C repped this.
  20. Oliseh

Oliseh Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Croatia
    Nov 29, 2019
    Yeah i know, but when it comes to our board, Marsch would be cheaper solution..

21. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  22. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The same could have been said about Bosz who seemed naive in his approach after the league adjusted to his tactics. Granted, he's doing good at Leverkusen now when the players fit his system.
    I know this wasn't your complete case for coach x but none of those 3 mentioned factors are indicative of success or whether they could replicate what they did at other clubs.

I also don't care about getting a "cheap" coach. What's the point in 3-5 million more or less for that position when it's so crucial.

Alex C repped this.
  23. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Paying 3-5 million more for a high calibre coach is nothing when compared to the amount needed to be spent on players to compensate for a mediocre coach.

BVBFNM repped this.
  24. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Knows language but definitely not fluent lol. Great speech though. Seems to have more of a winning attitude then Favre.