Transfer Stuff (in season) [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Another Alex Nyarko?

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Only seen him in the WC, so I can't really say anything about him. Maybe Moyes has decided that Manelele is not worth it? :(

3. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    I was just making it up, I felt left out :p.

4. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You goon. He's not bad though.

5. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    :confused:

6. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    The sole purpose of the transfer thread is to keep all the lies in one place. Everyone knows that there's only about .000001% of truth to the majority of the things posted here.

For the record, the British press are some of the worst I've ever seen about perpetuating these ridiculous rumours.

7. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Well you've got me there!

8. Jabinho dot com

Jabinho dot com New Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Merseyside
    Left back, Leighton Baines.
    Got enough strikers as it is, got some younguns (e.g. Lukas Jutkiewicz) floating around on top of Anichebe and Vaughan.
    If we get Fernandes, don't need another midfielder.
    Yobo and Lescott back to centre back.
    Nuno Valente, a great left back, but ageing and often injured.

9. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    We are alarmingly thin at centre back. Most clubs would admit having three centre backs in the first team isn't enough, but if one of those three were 35, then it's almost panic stations. We're so fortunate not to have had a problem in that area this season.

So for me, centre half is our first port of call. I'd like to see a youngster brought in to initially provide backup with Stubbs to Lescott and Yobo. My first choice would be somebody like Paul Huntington from Newcastle, but they probably see him as a good prospect.

10. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Now that Preston have missed out on the playoffs, our chances for Nugent I think is a lot better.

11. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Is there much truth in this one- as really does any team really want trouble like this.....

BAD BARTON FOR EVERTON
    Bad news for Everton players: Joey Barton could be on the way to their training ground.

The Guardian says that 'manager David Moyes has been given the go-ahead by the club's chairman, Bill Kenwright, to revive a long-standing interest in the disgraced Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton'.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    I really hope not. Team chemistry and togetherness is one of Everton's biggest strengths. The last thing they need is a clubhouse cancer stirring unrest every time things don't go exactly to his wishes.

Not to mention Everton players are plenty skilled at getting injured in their own right. They really don't need a teammate helping them in that department....

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Repped. We definitely shouldn't have such a cancer in our club.

*must spread rep*

14. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    I'm fairly Kenwright has given Moyes the go-ahead. And if Moyes wants him, I want him. Quality player.

15. IU34

IU34 Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Arlington, VA

He's complete trash. Glad you want to the club to be reduced to the notion that off-the-field problems aren't frowned upon. The complete rap sheet of him is utterly disturbing...

16. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    I have full faith on Moyes. If he brings him in, it's the right move for the club. If he doesn't, it's not. Simple as that in my book.

17. IU34

IU34 Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Moyes did well with the attitude that came along with VdM. Those two worked well...:rolleyes:

18. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I do NOT want Barton. I don't care how "quality" he is, nor how much faith I have in Moyes. He is not what I want for my club.

19. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    lol but they're not similar at all. Barton actually has a hard working, get stuck in ethic that Moyes loves, he just happens to be an extremely poor educated twat :p. Andy van der Meyde is a lazy shite. Which is the opposite end of the spectrum.

I can't really comment too much since I don't actually know how bad Barton is to deal with, but I assume if it was that bad, Moyes will simply pass on the option. Similarly, if the boys don't want him there, Moyes won't risk upsetting anyone.

His pure playing abilities are rated somewhere between £5-7m. He's probably available for something closer to £1m-2m.

Having said all this though, despite not having half as much quality, Sidwell would be a better option. Another crucial factor is that whereas Sidwell reportedly has interest from Man United, Spurs and Newcastle, Barton's favourite club is Everton, and he wants to come to us.

20. IU34

IU34 Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Barton wants to come here since I doubt he has many other options besides us and the Newcastle.
    Moyes has a knack for recruiting scum, as he went after Craig Bellamy a few years ago. Hopefully he takes a pass again this summer...

21. JERMAIN*DEFOE

JERMAIN*DEFOE New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Recruiting scum? Just take that back before I start :p.

And Barton has supported us since a boy. He's an Evertonian.

22. IU34

IU34 Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Arlington, VA

Yeah, he's so much of an Evertonian that he assaulted a 15-year old Everton fan a few years back...

23. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way you let a cancer like Barton into a dressing room like Everton's.

Moyes could kiss 5 years of work goodbye in one incident.

I don't care what he could bring to us on the pitch, he's a known quantity off the pitch. Moyes should know better on this one.

24. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Barton is scum, but if Moyes wants him, there's not a lot I/We can do about it.