Transfer Speculation!

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by CHRIS_SUTTON9, Aug 29, 2002.

1. CHRIS_SUTTON9

CHRIS_SUTTON9 New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Scotland
    Over the past hour I've been reading alot of the transfer stories that are supposidly going to come off before the deadline on Saturday.

How many of these do you think will actually happen?

Ronaldo to Man United ( doubt it very much)
    Claudio Lopez to Man United (money still owed for Stam?)
    Ricardo Lopez to Man United
    Julian Escude to Man United
    Nicolas Burdisso to Man United(who?)
    Robbie Keane to Spurs
    Tore Andre Flo to Sunderland
    Hasselbaink to Barcelona(thought that was off?)
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Sunderland
    Alexander Zickler to Sunderland(how many strikers can be linked with a club?)
    Jari Litmanen to Ajax
    Colin Healy to Everton, Sunderland, Blackburn or Aston Villa.
    Tim Cahill to Blackburn
    Marcus Stewart to Sunderland
    Diego Tristan to Man United or Arsenal
    Rami Shabaan to Arsenal(a goalie apparently)
    Dino Baggio to Chelsea
    Raul Bravo to Leeds
    Brett Emerton to Leeds
    Fernando Morientes to Spurs(apparently still possible)
    Darren Anderton to Leeds
    Hasan Sas to Liverpool
    John Hartson to Southampton

Dare say you think I made these up, but honestly they've came from one soure or another on the net. Although, that doesn't mean to say they haven't made them up! Surely people wouldn't do that? Anyway, I think maybe about 5 of the transfers listed above will come off. Theres a couple there that would be pretty unbelievable.

2. Nate2L

Nate2L New Member

Jul 21, 2001
    PA
    there is rumors of some one from MLS going to the EPL. I beleive it is Damarcus Beasley. Not sure tho. And MLS is hard to buy payers from. they think that the players are worth a lot more then they are.

3. CHRIS_SUTTON9

CHRIS_SUTTON9 New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Scotland
    Yeh, i missed that one about Beasley. I have seen that somewhere today though. Just checked, it was Middlesboro, but they have signed Jesper Blomquist and it says they may shelve their plans to sign Beasley.

4. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rami Shabaan (Shaw-bahn) - I heard it mispronounced by everyone on Sky...

Well, I've seen him play lots and lots of times for Djurgården, which is the club i supported when i lived in Sweden. He is actually the No.2 keeper at Djurgården behind Andreas Isaksson, who went to the World Cup for Sweden (didn't play).

I think a year under Seaman at Arsenal would do wonders for Rami, he's very athletic and has lightning quick reflexes. He has made many saves that he has had no business saving.

I hope that helps out some arsenal supporters who knew nothing about him....

5. Playable Back

Playable Back New Member

Apr 26, 2002
    The Egyptian Rami has said publicly that he's agreed personal terms w/ Arsenal.

Also, Litmanen will sign w/ Ajax for one year according to an official from the Dutch club.

6. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

bolmquist has join charlton not boro, so there could be a possibility. But with the transfer window coming into play after tommorow i think it is unlikly that he will sign before then.

7. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As far as he is concerned, he is Swedish.

And he has now signed a contract as is an Arsenal player.

8. sydtheeagle

sydtheeagle New Member

May 21, 2002
    Oxfordshire
    Just an update on deals COMPLETED so far today:

Player From To
    Shaaban Djuurgardens Arsenal
    Marcus Hall Coventry Soton
    Andrei Kanchelskis Free agent Soton
    Jesper Blomquist Free agent Charlton
    Robbie Mustoe Middlesboro Charlton
    Tore Andre Flo Rangers Sunderland
    Marcus Stewart Ipswich Sunderland
    Ricardo Valladolid (?) ManUre
    Jari Litmanen Liverpool Ajax

Leeds and Tottenham have agreed a fee (reportedly £7 million) for Robbie Keane and the player is now in London talking to Spurs. However, the signing has not been completed as I write this.

9. girbo

girbo New Member

Apr 16, 2002
    N E Where
    Inter have agreed terms with Rela for Ronaldo - £20m plus two players, one of whom is likely to be Morientes. So that settles Glenn's nearly purchase.

Still it looks like he has nearly purchased Robbie Keane and he's definitely let go Leonhardsen to Villa.