Training Question

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by learnedfeet, Jul 1, 2005.

1. learnedfeet

learnedfeet New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    The question is: Can a player bump up in a skill in a week in which the bumped skill is not being trained?

I may have dreamed this, but last season I trained several different player skills (stamina, defending, passing, and scoring). I would train defending for three weeks, and then I would train, say, passing for three, and so on. However, during the second and third weeks that I was training passing, I thought I noticed that some of the players that I had trained as defenders in weeks prior had bumped in defending.

Is this even possible? (Keep in mind that I am fully aware of the dates and times that training updates take effect.)

2. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I have heard this is a bug, but have never seen it myself. So to answer your question, yes it is possible.

3. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    I'm thinking of doing passing training for my IM/WIN this offseason. Since I have 8 mid's total worth training over a couple offseason, and only 7 spots a week to train in the offseason in a traditional formation I'd like to know if it's possible to use an odd formation, like 2-5-3 or something to get the extra spot. Would that work or would I waste training for that week?

4. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    I've done 2-5-3 for short passes and it was fine.

5. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    you can play the 2-5-3 and still get training...just dont have more than 3 IMs....aka use 2 wingers.

6. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Cool, I highly doubted that would work. Guess I'd have to use an odd formation for a cup match, but I could still do it for a week if I have a competent opponent.

Thanks to you both!

7. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though you can't gain formation experience in them 5-5-0, 2-5-3 & 5-2-3 are all valid formations that won't cause you to lose traning. The only requirement is that you don't have more than 3 players at any single position (IM, CD or Forward).