Pre-match: Training and Hotel in Nashville

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by csctn, Mar 29, 2009.

1. csctn

csctn Member

Aug 10, 2004
    TN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know where training might be? There is a training session tonight (Sunday) at 5pm.
    The Fed usually puts teams at the Doubletree downtown...anyone have better info?

2. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow they must of flew out of el salvador right after the game last night or something. hahaha. i would let them rest for a day and have the training session at least tomorrow. but yea they proably are staying at that hotel downtown, alot of college teams, pro teams stay there when they are in nashville. would be nice to know where they are training at...vandy maybe? just a thought

3. Jondi10

Jondi10 Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. off the woodwork

off the woodwork New Member

May 24, 2008
    Nashville
    I don't actually know where they are staying but do live in Nashville. The possibility that leaps to mind would be at the Lowe's Vanderbilt or the Marriot Vanderbilt. They are both located very close to Vandy's soccer training fields as well as the Vandy athletic facilities (maybe for regeneration?). Additionally, they are about a 10 to 15 minute bus ride to LP field. There also would be things to do off hours for the players as well as a campus/restaurants to explore.

Hotels located downtown would be convenient to restaurants but far less so to get to and from training or therapy.

5. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay guys, tomorrow is a day off for me, so I am going to snoop around downtown and see if I spot anybody. I'll report back if I spot some MNTers at lunch downtown. If I don't spot anybody, I would assume they are in the Vandyland location.

6. stevedug

stevedug New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    downtown hilton when they were here v. morocco.

7. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there are some pics on the blog site of them training here in nashville this evening. i can't make out the location they were at though

8. mmedina

mmedina Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Nashville
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I am pretty sure they are staying at the downtown Hilton.

9. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its a good possibility that they are staying there as well

10. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    Heard from a friend who confirms the downtown Hilton.

11. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    something for everyones enjoyment..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4EdI8jtQdw"]YouTube - March 30, 2009: Studio 90 News[/ame]

12. VTFC

VTFC New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Practice today is at 4:00 PM at Trevecca College off murfreesboro RD

13. sawillis

sawillis Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Smyrna, TN
    Very nice!!

14. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    I was wondering from the pictures if that was Trevecca. Very convenient to downtown, but what a neighborhood. It's the second biggest hooker/junkie/crackhead area of the city (that is NOT, by the way, meant as advice for out-of-town fans-- if you go there with trouble on your mind, you'll either wash up on the riverbank near the water treatment plant in Salemtown, or your corpse will be eaten by the packs of feral dogs that roam the area). Truthfully, you can get gonorrhea just from opening your car window on Murfreesboro Pike.

15. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that explains the burning sensation, and that spicy sauce they give you with the Tortas when you buy them from the delicious Taco Trucks down there.

16. USA 1776

USA 1776 Member

Feb 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stayed at the downtown Hilton a couple years ago. Hanging in the bar was a framed jersey signed by the entire 2006 team. Likely they'd stay there again.

17. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I can say this, they are staying downtown. Today I said hi to Frankie Hejduk and his family at Panera breads downtown. I bought him an espresso shot too. Awesome stuff, wish I had a camera-phone.