Training 3/1/04 Status?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by bigdush, Mar 1, 2004.

1. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Just saw on rapidsfan that the men in black and blue will be training today in the bubble @ 12:30 because of inclement weather.

Is this true? Is it open to the public? If so I may have to go and watch some.

2. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Yes, you can watch training at the Bubble.

Current training schedule in Denver this week:

Monday 3/1
    Bubble
    12:30pm
    3:00pm*

Tuesday 3/2
    10:00am (if Westminster; 12:30pm if Bubble)

* note the Rapids were originally scheduled to have two training sessions today, however this

3. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Yes, you can watch training at the Bubble.

Current training schedule in Denver this week:

Monday 3/1
    Bubble
    12:30pm
    3:00pm*

Tuesday 3/2
    10:00am (if Westminster; 12:30pm if Bubble)

* note the Rapids were originally scheduled to have two training sessions today, however this may have changed because of the weather.

4. buglingelk

buglingelk New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Might want to check your information. It's my understanding training is at the Westy facility today, not at the bubble.

5. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Just called the 825-GOAL number and the gentleman that answered said 12:30 at the bubble, open to public.

6. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    I always double-check my information before I post it...

7. buglingelk

buglingelk New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Double checked?

Hey Greenie,

I enjoyed watching practice in Westminster today from 10-12. Might want to try triple-checking next time!

8. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Re: Double checked?

Just like bigdush, I heard straight from the team at 9:30am this morning that training was at the bubble today.

Don't shoot the messenger.

9. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial

So , more info please!!!

How did the team look? Who impressed you? Did ZiZi play? Was ZiZi there?

Your impressions please.

10. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Dirty rotten rapids.............I called right before I left to go to the bubble just to make sure.

Any ideas on what number I can call in the future to verify. Obviously the 825-goal number is a farce for information like that.

I can't make the morning session in westy. This was probably my only shot at seeing one.

11. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Piggy backing on what everyone else has said, how was it???

Was Zizi training???

12. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial

Hey ! Please let us know what you saw ... we are all waiting to hear from you. You made it a point to rag on Greenie who all he did was report what he found out from the Rapids. (I admire that because I was ragged on due the the local Telemundo station telling me 3 times they would show the Mex-USA olympic qualifier and then the didn't...). He was just reporting what he was told numerous times... It wasn't his fault so please since you took the time to blast Greenie ,,, we would love to hear your report. You were there were'nt you????

TELL US. WERE DESPERATE. AAAAAARRRRGGGG!!!

13. buglingelk

buglingelk New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Sorry for the delay - I just got back online. Yes I was there. Lots of aggressive competition on the field. At least five or six faces that I personally didn't recognize that were playing their hearts out. Obviously newbies playing for a spot on the team. All faces from last year were there and playing as well. Jeff Stewart was there. Seth Trembly was there also, but not involved in any physical play. Did have an assist for a goal. Zizi was there also, but I wasn't impressed. Spenny as usual had some very colorful language on the field and seemed to be playing like a man possessed! I'm going to try to attend practice today - Tuesday - as well. I will try to get some more info if possible before they leave for Spain tomorrow. With regard to Greenie - I apologize if I came down too hard, but I knew that I was correct about the time and place of practice!!

14. pappekak

pappekak New Member

Feb 13, 2003
    Tralfamadore
    Bubble, what bubble...

Where the frick is the Bubble?

15. buglingelk

buglingelk New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    6959 S Peoria!

16. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    At least tell us how you know for sure.............I wouldn't have wasted the hour to go to the bubble.

ps. Thanks for the report.

17. Crapids

Crapids New Member

Nov 26, 2003
    Denver
    Info Correct...

I called the same number and The folks I talked to told me tht training was cancelled!
    But would resume today at 10 AM!

So all things are subject to change is what they told me. I guess it was a last minute change with in the organization.

18. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Rapids PR apparently sent out a press release at 11AM stating that Monday's training was cancelled. :)

19. buglingelk

buglingelk New Member

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenie - was that you at practice today standing on the sideline watching and then speaking with Spenny and CC after practice was over?