Trade

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Soccachic14, Aug 1, 2002.

1. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Washington? Hmmmm......you dump ATC, pick up Lassiter and now you want Washington? I bet ATC could have scored as many goals as Dante if given playing time.

2. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I would wake Donte over ATC anyday. (OTC might really rack my brain though)

3. Nogra Rover

Nogra Rover New Member

Mar 30, 2000
    Bethesda, MD
    Our scoring has been on fire since we dumped ATC. What a move!

4. BroonAleMagpie

BroonAleMagpie New Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    We could never arange to play the Revs enough for him to do that. For some reason, MLS HQ insisted that playing NE 16 times and all the other teams once was not a valid schedule.

ATC was only a goal scorer under incredibly specialized conditions. When he was playing opposite a very poor defense, with a linesman with one bad eye, and Marco in top condition, he could put away 3-4 goals a match, easy. Alas, we have to play in the real world.

Roy, OTOH, was a desperation move. He was not a trade for ATC, or anything like it. Roy was a "eh, it won't cost us anything and maybe it will get us a few goals" experiement. It's time to end the experiment and move on, but we didn't dump ATC in order to pick up Roy.

Washignton, OTOH, is a player I've wanted on DC sinc ehe first started playing in MLS. He's fast, he's got a good touch, and he's *smart* which few enough of our forwards seem to have been.

5. overmars#1

overmars#1 New Member

Jun 19, 2000
    Columbia has no loyalty or ties to the Cooks boys as far as I know.

6. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    So what happened to the trade?

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I guess since we didn't sign Gazza all bets are off the table.

8. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Because Washington is actually a pretty decent player, whereas Wolde isn't. A second round draft pick in this draft can become a very good P-40 player most likely, whereas Wolde wouldn't really be any different than Ali Curtis with less speed.

When Nicol cleans house this offseason (and he will) I doubt Wolde will be on his team. Most likely he'll get nothing in return for him.

9. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. PFKing15

PFKing15 New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Namof for Washington...uh, yeah I'll take that! But what are the odds that'll really work out?