trade & free agency ideas

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Mar 10, 2013.

1. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    What the heck? This guy's profile looks like a d-mid. He's supposed to be an attacking mid? o_O

upload_2024-4-20_22-9-21.png

2. Boysinblue

Boysinblue Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he was talking about the the liberation of the people of Israel from slavery in Egypt in the 13th century BCE under the leadership of Moses?

JazzyJ repped this.
  3. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It only seems like we have been mediocre for that long.

Boysinblue repped this.
  4. RocktheCasbah4

Dec 20, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I saw Milwall play at QPR while in London this January. FWIW this guy didnt stick out to the point where I noticed him. The only one who really did stick out was reggie cannon, for how bad he looked. The milwall fans mostly stole the show.

Not that we will sign anyone, anyway. Frankly, I dont think we should sign anyone until we clean house.

5. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    I think the Quakes desperately need an “attack with the ball” kind of CAM. So offhand seeing a guy who’s supposed to be an attacking mid at 6th percentile in progressive carries relative to other attacking mids doesn’t make me feel great. In the highlights I saw he played more like a forward. Of course those are only highlights so it’s a skewed perspective. He does seem quite strong on the ball and wins challengers and headers. Play him as a 9?

6. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Whoscored.com.

Zian Flemming Characteristics
    + Strengths
    Direct free-kicks -Very Strong
    Aerial Duels-Strong
    Long shots-Strong
    Headed attempts-Strong
    - Weaknesses
    Passing-Weak
    Zian Flemming's Style of Play
    Likes to shoot from distance
    Plays the ball off the ground often
    Indirect set-piece threat
    Likes to do flick ons
    Does not dive into tackles
    Commits fouls often
    © WhoScored.com
    * Strengths, weaknesses and styles are calculated from statistics of each player's latest two seasons

7. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    #10357 JazzyJ, Apr 21, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    Kinda checks out with FBRef chart - his whole passing / possession sector is very weak. Also checks out with the highlights I watched. I saw some free kick goals and lots of finishes with head and feet though I don't recall any long shot goals. Seems like more suited to forward than CAM.

And in fact, my hunch seems to be validated by this (also from whoscored). Seems like he's played CF more than CAM. All these forward types (Judd, Pellegrino, Jebo, Flemming maybe(?)) and no one to provide service? Doesn't seem great, offhand... We're never going to get a real CAM, are we... :-(
    Flemming.jpg

8. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Why aren’t they at least looking at Lalo Blancas from The Town FC? He’s a legit CAM type that is better going to his left than Niko is on his right. He lead Q2 in goals last year with 12 I think. He’s not flashy but he can operate behind the strikers.

9. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    #10359 JazzyJ, Apr 21, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    I saw that he was training with the 1st team when camp started, but he seemed to disappear soon after. I don't think he was at Coachella with the team. He doesn't seem as effective this year as last so far, maybe because they've kind of given Cruz his role?

10. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    True, they have attempted to play Blancas as the 9 but that’s not his best position. Even at a false 9 to be honest. You know who I think should be playing the 9 with Blancas and Medina underneath. The Town would score a lot more goals but they would rather see 0-0 games I guess.

JazzyJ repped this.
  11. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "San Jose DP 10 target"

San Jose targets Championship midfielder
    The San Jose Earthquakes have targeted Millwall attacking midfielder Zian Flemming with their open DP spot but are yet to make an offer, sources briefed on the situation say.

Flemming, 25, has seven goals and five assists in 44 Championship appearances for the club this season. Millwall has won three games in a row to lift themselves out of the relegation battle with two games left to play.

The Quakes have had several targets for this open DP spot, most notably Carlos Vela, but haven’t gotten a deal over the line yet. On the field, San Jose has struggled mightily, with eight losses in their first nine matches, putting them bottom of the league.​

12. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Will Ian get a chance to coach Zian?

bsman repped this.
  13. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am thinking maybe they should fire Luchi and let the new coach makes the new signing based on the way he wants the team to play. Is that one of the reasons we are holding up the signing?

But I also just realized that I made several assumptions in my sentence above.

1. Luchi will be fired
    2. A new coach, Ian or not, who knows a way the team should play
    3. We will actually sign someone
    4. FO will actually give the coach the player he asked for

QuakeAttack, JazzyJ and xbhaskarx repped this.
  14. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah I don’t think Luchi will be fired this season, so it kind of falls apart right at the start there.

BTW remember when Luchi was hired that there was the usual “yeah I’m convinced I’ll have the resources I need to be successful” kind of thing? And I dismissed it as the usual new coach happy talk and that new coaches are motivated to want to believe that, and the Quakes are motivated to make the coach believe that. So they both rally around this happy little narrative and then when the rubber hits the road it’s business as usual (or worse)?

15. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    hmm....

16. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Yes! Please? Or is this a recycled old (or otherwise unreliable) rumor. I'm not going to allow myself to get too excited.

This is the kind of profile I think we need. He looks like a real attack on the ground CAM. 99th percentile in successful take-ons! Plays some defense too.
    Hernan Munoz.jpg

Boysinblue, xbhaskarx and Beckham7 repped this.
  17. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    sounds promising...

xbhaskarx and Beckham7 repped this.
  18. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Today is the last day of the transfer window (for players under contracts). Next window opens July 18.

19. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Would be a bummer if we have to wait until July, but I'd still take it. This is the great-nephew of Maradona guy.

20. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These are the types of players we should only be buying.

xbhaskarx and Quakes05 repped this.
  21. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I have a weird feeling this is actually going to happen. The team still is fighting hard, albeit with defensive mistakes and terrible results. This guy looks like the type of player we've waited an eternity for. Imo, this is the big moment of truth for Leitch. Can he get this done. We can't wait until July, it will be too late to salvage the season...but we have a puncher's chance to get back in this thing, if we can lock this guy in now. Hey no biggy, just the entire season hanging in the balance...get it done Leitch.

xbhaskarx repped this.
  22. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Thing is, it has to be done today! (Or we’re talking July).

23. elhula

elhula Member

Apr 18, 2007
    san jose
    I want to be excited but this sounds a lot like the Vela possible signing , and a couple players in Europe who declined our offers , close but not getting over the line, i hope i am wrong and it happens

bsman repped this.
  24. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Vela wasn't close, from what I heard.

elhula repped this.
  25. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    López Muñoz: la inesperada venta que tendría River - La Página Millonaria (lapaginamillonaria.com)

"Hernán López Muñoz: the unexpected sale that River would have

While River focuses on qualifying for the round of 16 of the Copa Libertadores and the beginning of the Professional League, the winter transfer market begins to appear and at Millonario they are preparing for an unexpected income. Although Hernán López Muñoz left River a long time ago to play with Godoy Cruz's shirt, the Millonario still has a percentage of the offensive midfielder and would now receive a good amount if his sale to San Jose of the MLS is consolidated. As confirmed in the last few hours in the voice of Germán García Grova, the talented player who emerged from the River quarry is close to being sold to the Earthquakes after being eliminated with Tomba from the Lig Cup.

How much money will River receive from the sale of Hernán López Muñoz? Although the amounts at which the sale of the down payment would be closed are not known, River still maintains 50% of Hernán López Muñoz's pass and for this they would receive around 2.5 million dollars for the sale. This is if the market value that Godoy Cruz's player currently has is respected.

It is worth noting that, in January 2024, Godoy Cruz already paid him one million dollars for half of the player's pass. In this way, López Muñoz would leave between 3.5 and 4 million to CARP after his non-performance by the club.

López Muñoz's numbers in Godoy Cruz After playing a single game with River in the 2019/20 Super League, where he scored a goal against Arsenal, Hernán López Muñoz found his best form in Godoy Cruz and has already played 51 games in which he scored 7 goals and gave 6 assists . Before this, on the 10th he broke it at Central Córdoba in Santiago del Estero where he played 30 games and scored 4 goals with one assist. However, they could not use the purchase option and he returned to River."