Town Hall Meeting Nov. 9th

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by ZenCarver, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Not to say that there is anything wrong with that." :p

2. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Back to soccer......

I know this is getting probably a little too specific but I am wondering if the stadium will have:

Box goals

A bar/pub inside or near the stadium that is a FC Dallas Bar/pub

Lights on the four corners of the stadium to give the players the cool "four shadow effect" ( I suppose I could just look at the drawings)

A place where they will hang the banners of championships we've won, I know we only have one but it should be hanging from the rafters

What attendance has to be to break even

What specific marketing ideas they have for FC Dallas next year, specifically are they just going to focus on the Frisco area or are they still going to try to draw from all of DFW

Are they going to have buses running from the cotton bowl area to the new stadium, to help get the latin population out there

and finally, if they have ever tried working with major hotels in the area to get them to run shuttles from their hotels to the stadium. When I stayed in Dallas about 5 years ago one night we took a shuttle from our hotel to the Rangers Stadium, the next night we wanted to take one to the cotton bowl to see the Burn but they didnt offer a shuttle. We ended up driving there and when we got back one of the hotel workers asked us "Did yall just get back from the game" I responded "yeah we won 2-0" He responded "Wow I thought the Angles were going to kill us" I said "no we went to the soccer game" he then responded "Oh I didnt know the indoor team was still playing this time of year" so obviously he didnt even know the team existed.

Just thought I'd share...

3. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Box goals - don't know

A bar/pub inside or near the stadium that is a FC Dallas Bar/pub - Yes and yes. The 'west side center' has access to the in stadium club pub. Across the street is Frisco Square - a living and entertainment development.

Lights on the four corners of the stadium to give the players the cool "four shadow effect" ( I suppose I could just look at the drawings) - don't know, but my gut tells me probably not

A place where they will hang the banners of championships we've won, I know we only have one but it should be hanging from the rafters - hmmm, well they are planning the Soccer walk of fame sponsored by Texans Credit Union...surely there is a spot for the championship banner(s)

What attendance has to be to break even - good question!

What specific marketing ideas they have for FC Dallas next year, specifically are they just going to focus on the Frisco area or are they still going to try to draw from all of DFW - focus on 30 mile radius (i.e. as far south as Dallas)

Are they going to have buses running from the cotton bowl area to the new stadium, to help get the latin population out there - did you read Buzz's notes from the meeting on www.3rddegree.net ? This question is answered in some detail - re the problem is not convience of transportation - it is lack of interest in the product on the field.

4. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I would love those.

5. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    What are box goals????

I used to have a box goal but that went out the window when I got married. And it didnt have anything to do with soccer.

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Maybe we can suggest a match day hospitality package.

In an nut shell, here is what most include:

-In a box suite
    -Tvs and radios to watch and listen the game via commentators.
    -Open bar(before and at halftime)
    -meal(3 course?)
    -Match day program(a real program, not a MLS program that lasts for 5 weeks liek they have been giving out)
    -Open to anyone who reserves a place(season ticket holders, someone who just hears about the ad, etc...)
    -At a reasonable price( say match ticket+$17 for food+7 for drinks, something of that sort)
    -Chance to meet players after the game(without having to go to the after party)
    -Raffle to win some cool things(game worn jerseys, replica jerseys, autographs, etc...)
    -Maybe do this 1 or 2 a season depending on the response

Having a fanzone like they do on Sky Sports would be wicked as well.

7. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Unless I misread the brochure the Pub/Club is reserved for the highest end season ticket seats.

8. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no recorder.... just lots of practice taking notes in college and at training.
    ;)

9. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For Chivas yes.. for everyone else no.

You have to remember that in the MFL half (?) the teams are owned by TV networks and they have a large TV deal... therefore they pay quite a bit in relavtive tearms.

So Mexican players in general terms are more expensive to buy and pay than almost any players in the Americas... and in relative terms to almost any in the world.

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

example....

box goals- LA, Columbus, San Jose, most of England and Europe.

non-box- Cotton bowl, Chicago, KC, DC.

yea thats right for gameday, but what non-ritzy fans want to be in some dumb club instead of the stands?

What I wanna know is are we going to have watching parties there for away games? GE was making it seem so, and I mean any Burn fan would be welcome to those.

11. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    As for watching parties next year (which might be for the first half of the season) there is talk of another Stadium Cafe opening in Frisco close to the stadium. So the watching parties might be there. I would prefer watching parties at the stadium club but there might be a conflict with other scheduled events and the issue of costs involved to open the club if there isnt an event going on that night. i.e employees

12. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Does this imply that future cooperative broadcasting efforts can be worked toward with growing ratings (and growing hispanic segment) - along with integration of Mexican sides in MLS?

Do we have anyone other than Andy in a position of power in MLS that can effect progress in this area and further capatilize on the growing footprint that hispanic media has in this country?

13. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bigger hope is probably for Univision to do games again.
    Swift might have some pull, I believe braodcasting falls under his new job...
    but am not sure about that.

14. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime

The Burn, and several other MLS franchises, have had
    relationships with KwikGoal since '96. I hate the kwikgoals.
    The ball often bounces off the back stantions in weird ways
    on hard shots that makes those on tv think the shot was
    'off the post' when in fact it was a goal. I also hate the
    aesthetics of wormburners that have to roll twice as far
    to register "the back of the net".

Crew, an HSG franchise, were the first to go to "box goals"
    in '98 IIRC. Maybe that bodes well for Frisco.

I'd much rather have the supporters rewarded with a
    logistically aesthetic parking lot, in lieu of killing the kwikgoals,
    if that were an either/or decision. I'd also prefer that
    'on board' assets not be tossed overboard based purely
    on considerations of testosterone. But it appears that none
    of these options are in the cards.

At the present time.

-=bs

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We'll get box goals, it looks more professional and when Columbus and LA got their SSS they got box goals, so all signs point to yes, but you never know with this franchise, we may end up with Italian goals (the box goals with really loose nets.)

16. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Isnt it sad that we even have to worry about getting thing like box goals, 4 corner lights etc..... people in charge should know and do whatever it takes to get that stuff.

17. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very True.

18. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

United States
    May 9, 2003
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A new Stadium Cafe near the stadium would be good news. Very good idea to get another soccer friendly establishment, another watching party location, a place to work with FCD....near the stadium....