Tottenham vs. Arsenal [R] Pre/Dur/Post Match Thoughts

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Catfish, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ok, last time. Maybe THIS is the match that wakes us up from the coma that we have been in??? If you can't get up for a match against your lovely neighbors, than no one can help you! As we head into 3pt Lane, this could be a GREAT match. Spurs might believe that they can actually beat us and as a club they are totally lost right now. They have nothing to lose and we have everything to lose, with the fear of letting Chelsea get too far ahead of us in the table.

With all that emotional baggage, I still think our Gunners will pull out a very ugly 2-1 win. Henry and Pires will score for AFC. Lehman will concede a late gift for the home crowd.....grrrrrr.

Come on Arsenal!!!

2. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    This will be a very, very hard fought match. Those mongral scum will want nothing better than to get one over on us after we won the league for a second time at their gaff. The atmousphere will be amazing and the tension will be incredible. The few brave Arsenal fans that will have to contend with the neanderthols of White Poxy Lane will have to really watch themselves after the trouble of the last few years......

Im taking my camera to this one.....

2-1 to Arsenal

3. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    For some reason I feel like a 3-0 will materialize. Spurs has just been poor lately, and the coaching departure of Santini won't help things. I see Arsenal up 2-0 at the break, with Ljungberg and Reyes scoring the good goals. Then in the second half Van Persie will come on and slot home an injury time strike to add insult to injury.

The key will be scoring inside the first twenty minutes, which Arsenal rarely seems to do, and then getting another fairly quickly to ease the concerns. It seems Arsenal never go down 1-0, but that they lose a little intensity once they score first.

Despite their recent spotty efforts, and only since DB10 wont be travelling on Tuesday, this is my preferred line-up

-----------------Lehmann---------------------
    A.Cole--------Cygan--------Toure-------Lauren
    Ljungberg-----Fabregas------Vieria-------Reyes
    ----------Bergkamp------Henry----------------

No surprises there, but in a derby like this I like to go with the first team squad. Van Persie, and then Pires, should be the first off the bench. I'd like to see Henry come off at about the 70th minute or so if the Gunners are up... he just seems way too tired lately.

4. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need these points bad. 2-0 to the Arsenal.

5. Detlef

Detlef Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sperz come out fired up for this one and still lose.

Henry gets back on track with a brace, 2-0 to the Arsenal.

Rick, get home safely......

6. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    ah the North London derby.

1-1 draw

7. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be 2-1 Arsenal, with our defense letting an easy one through.

8. footballer10

footballer10 New Member

May 14, 2001
    Flower Mound, TX
    What is the status on Edu? I bet if he is fit that AW will put him in place of Cesc.

9. KingHenryXIV

KingHenryXIV New Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Univ. of Arkansas
    agreed. i can see tottenscum playing the rough tactics against Cesc. I think Cesc would do just fine, but I would prefer Edu in this situation.

10. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    Edu has been piss poor.... Cesc can boss the midfield with Vieira vs the spares that sperz have in the midfield... NO PROBLEM... course, the quality of midfielders that palace has didnt frighten me either... *sigh*

11. footballer10

footballer10 New Member

May 14, 2001
    Flower Mound, TX
    Given that AW has said that he doesn't want to put too much strain on young Cesc is the reason that I think Edu would get the nod this week if fit. Cesc has played a lot recently.

Oct. 16th Start against Aston Villa in EPL
    Oct. 20th Start against Panathinaikos in Champions League
    Oct. 27th Start against Man City in Carling Cup
    Oct. 30th Sub in 65th minute against SouthHampton in EPL
    Nov. 2nd Start against Panathinaikos in Champions league
    Nov. 6th Start against Crystal Palace in EPL

I think AW has used him more than he would have liked to at this point.

12. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has needed him!

13. footballer10

footballer10 New Member

May 14, 2001
    Flower Mound, TX
    Yes, Cesc has been needed. I just think if AW has to opportunity to give Cesc a rest then he will take it.

14. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well deserved I say. We don't want him to crash 1/2 way through the season b/c he has been overplayed.

15. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Boy I thought nothing of Gilberto's injury at the time... but man do we miss him.

16. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't miss em till there gone :eek:

17. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Boy, we need to win this one. I've been away fighting the good fight in the Politics forum and I managed to get the first pieces of neg rep during my time away. Those guys are nuts (rickbreese and I even had an argument, proving once again that Arsenal heals all wounds).

We need a BIG win. sperzzz are in disarray.

3-1 to the good guys.

18. footballer10

footballer10 New Member

May 14, 2001
    Flower Mound, TX
    I saw you in there Coach. I though about putting in my 2 cents, but just reading it gave me tired-head. Those guys are nuts. There are wonderful threads such as "F the South." Who cares about talking about issues. They just start insulting you.

19. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Indeed. History favours the draw at the Lane.

20. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Coach I saw you there too (though I really hoped to see Zani :rolleyes: In all fairness to the liberal nuts on the board though, there was enough ignorance and crap on those boards from both sides... but also some good discussions. Actually Coach I started to respond to your longer post on the "F* the south" thread, then realized there was no reason to keep such a stupid thread going. Needless to say I agreed with not much of what you said... but we're all Gunner fans and that should trump everything ;)

21. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Nicephoras and I spend a decent amount of time in Politics. It can get ugly on occasion but if you generally try to make reasonable arguments you won't get insulted.......too often.

22. footballer10

footballer10 New Member

May 14, 2001
    Flower Mound, TX
    Yea, I wouldn't doubt that. It is probably a tough time for many since they are frustrated by the recent results.

Back on topic. I hope we put five past Spuds. I want to destroy them and put their season in a full tailspin all the way to the Coke league.

23. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Recently my postive comments haven't been coming true (no wins and not enough goals) and every negative thing I say happens (I called the Cygan OG and said we wouldn't shutout Palace). :(

I'm not usually superstitious but I think I'll skip predictions on this game.

24. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good idea! :p

25. mis-e-one

mis-e-one New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Bedfordshire
    It looks like an intriguing game. I have a feeling Spurs will be up for it because it's a game against the enemy and they have a new manager they want to impress.

Arsenal would be looking to end their bad form of late. I'd say 1-1 or 2-1 Arsenal. :)