Tottenham vs Arsenal 22/4 pre/post match talk

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Colm, Apr 17, 2006.

1. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Satisfied with the result, although I would've second guessed alot of things. Robbo was on another planet today. Again guys, I have to ask you to please not go start anything on the Arsenal forum.

2. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    I'll take a point. Good job boys. CL here we come! Lets hope Arsenal play like that against Villareal...

3. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Huh. I feel great. I guess it's down to how long I've been following Spurs.

Result. Win would have been wunderba but this is still a fucking great result.

4. suppitty

suppitty Member

Mar 15, 2004
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great result! Would have been better to score an equaliser, rather than scoring first, but 1-0 was a dream.

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Calm down Jesus. That was a great result for Spurs. The gap is still only 4 points.

6. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Well that, and you've mellowed out considerably since coming out of the closet. :D

7. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm sure most Spurs fans would have taken a 1-1 draw before the game...the onus is now placed on Arsenal

8. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    He's more used to Barca, ganu. :D ;)

9. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    It is very noteworthy that as soon as the two 'injured' Arsenal players noticed that play had continued on without them (they actually just ran into each other, it wasn't even caused by a Spurs player), they got straight back up. Odd, no? That was the point Carrick made in the interview, and that was backed up in the studio afterwards.

10. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Oh honey. I thought you wanted to keep it quiet. ;)

Really though. That outburst is very telling. Nothing personal Tapper, but bloody hell! The game itself might not have been as good as we hoped but the result is fantastic. How can you say your weekend is ruined?

11. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck New Member

May 13, 2002
    I'm a bit surprised there isn't more complaining about the tying goal. Stalteri clearly was fouled on the play that led to the goal & there was no call.

Maybe its because on this board people are willing to give the Refs the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Stalteri! ;)

12. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, posted right after the goal. I've calmed down since. I hate it when you can see them coming like that.

But you're right, good result that I would have taken before the game.

But honestly, can you say its the result we deserved? No. We were the better side until we decided to bunker. It just makes me crazy to think about all the points we've dropped with this tactic. All the rage came out at once, sorry.

13. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    The replays showed that both players were already up BEFORE the ball was effing passed to Edgar.

They're just being whiney bitches.

14. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Carrick is utterly unflappable, truly a phenomenal player who is the ultimate passer and possessor in hectic situations. I was really impressed with Carrick, Keane and Dawson. Now if we can replace Staltieri, things will be looking up. No idea about Davids, but I'm sure hoping he stays.

Looking at the schedule, I'm quite uneasy. I fully expect Arsenal to win at Sunderland, at Citeh, and in their final Highbury game against Wigan. I just cannot see any of those teams taking points from them. :( This means that Spurs must get the full 3 points from both Bolton and West Ham. As great as a draw is having only 10 men at the end at Highbury, I fear we may really rue having given up that Henry goal.

-Digital

15. pylon

pylon New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Chi-Det corridor
    Great result, but I'm a lot disappointed it wasn't 3pts.
    After the equaliser, I kept wanting us to push forward even though that would have been foolish.
    Can't wait to read Wenger's post-match comments.

16. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    LMFAO! Wenger calling your goal 'a shame' then complaining about the Spurs players lying about not seeing it. For one, it's Arsene "I didn't see it" Wenger, for another neither Arsenal player was hurt at all as they instantly rose to their feet, and finally... Carrick openly said he saw both Arsenal players on the ground and the reason they were down. He knew they weren't hurt, and were trying to play cynically, so he played on.

17. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Ah. Disregard my last post then. Thought you'd gone off the deep end. :D

Emotions run high. Cheer up. I'm sure we all know the problem in us sitting back. We just need to sort it out over the summer.

18. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Did you hear Jol? "I didn't see it." :D :D

19. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    No no. It was a foul. Sometimes they're given, sometimes not. No biggie.

20. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its true...Shouldn't have posted right after the score. Was very very angry at the moment, but I'm better now. It still hurts to think about how agonizingly close we were to wrapping it up today, but we're still in it to the wire.

I hope you can excuse me, the stress of this run in just got to me. FWIW, if I had posted after our goal, it would have been a similar stream of delirious rantings, only positive.

21. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    The game at Citeh is far from being a banker.

22. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep, I thought Spurs were well within their rights. It was nice to see Henry give Carrick the MOTM.

23. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Yeah. No problems. Was a let down for sure. assnal are a one man team. I really hope Henry leaves. They'll be fuct.

24. tapper

tapper New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll get on the horn with laporta and let him know :)

Argh...its far too early in the morning to go through this amount of stress.

25. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    TBH, I have formed the opinion that while they have cleaned up their act a good bit since being so indisciplined up to 3-4 years ago, Arsenal have really mastered some more invisibler aspects of cheating (like the one today), and 'play the victim' more than they should. I would exclude Henry from that though. He is a bit pompous and arrogant, but does geniunely play the game fairly.