Tottenham show interest in Iranian star

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Karimi_Is_God, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Right, but are these two so key to Iran that if they ever did move to Europe would they be called back?

A few seasons back now we were 4th from bottom around January and Kanoute was called up by Mali to go play in the African Nations Cup for a month. His last game was a cup match vs Palace and he scored 3... then he was missing for 4 weeks, luckily (haha) we bought Defoe in January and he banged in the goals.

But yes, positionally too.. i would say that a wide midfielder and a forward would add strength but it would mean selling someone else. I hear Gardner's off to Charlton this coming week, so perhaps another defender.

2. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Nekounam is a solid MF and Kaebi is a solid RB so of course I would be happy to see them play every game for my NT... same goes for the rest of our Europe based players but we have decent subs for these 2 and they surely can handle the task against the minnows... even better as the younger players get more chances!

I don't know how you guys allowed such thing... I mean we were dying to have Hashemian to play for us in Asian cup but despite being a sub in Bayern he still stayed there and didn’t go to China...

oh well it seems that it was a rumor and Besiktas has started their quest on getting Nekounam as they even had a piece on him on TRT channel.... and Kaebi is waiting for after the world cup since his team is playing in Asian version of the CL :D but I really want to see an Iranian in EPL…. Bagheri did join Charlton back in the days but right after the first game he played his dad died and he basically lost it for a year or two! And so left EPL!

3. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    No harm done. You're perfectly free to post wherever you like, including of course, the Spurs forums. The, "why are we even talking about him?" part was not meant for you specifically. I should have clarified that as the whole quote in my original post did make it seem as though I was asking you personally. Sorry about my utter crapness in that respect.

Following on from my badly put orirginal question. Why are we looking at even more midfielders? Every other rumour invloves another friggin MF. Surely we need to offload a couple of thousand of them before we sign any more or look at any more. Or are the papers just getting so utterly lazy as to not even bother looking at our squad and make up half decent rumours?

4. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    Just for comparison's sake, Landon Donovan and DaMarcus Beasley of the US are both 23 years old, and have 64 and 45 caps respectively. It's not unheard of, but yeah that's a shitload of games.

5. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Particularly impressive to gain that many caps for Iran. All i can say is that the guy can't have had too many bad games.

As for Iranians joining spurs, if they're good enough i'm sure noone would have a problem. We nearly signed Mehdavikia (spelling) a few years ago and any signings from that part of the world would increase our global fan base.

6. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

.....Are you his agent. If so, can you take me on? I play for Orpheas FC Nicosia in the 3rd Division of the Cypriot league. I've always wanted an agent.

7. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    I'll be your agent.

I'm sponsored by Carlsberg... (perhaps only a joke for UK residents..)

8. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Probably the best agent in the world.

9. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    how nice, you made funny? So where do I deposit your cookie?...

I'm sure ppl have reading problems here because nobody was trying to convince anybody to get these players... all the Iranians said this is just a rumor.... but hey if saying 3rd Division of the Cypriot is as good as Iran's league is funny to you guys... then I resign from my agent job and start working as a shrink so I'll be more helpful around here....

10. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Are you on a wind-up or just chronically stupid?

11. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    just trying to fit in ;)

12. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
  13. Persiaz_fynest

Persiaz_fynest BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 17, 2005
    BRAZIL
    im glad nekounam isnt goin to tottenham

he neeeds a biggger club

tottenham is not even close to bieng a good team england........ i think hed b good with lvierpool sice gerrard is leavin ,,,,, they play the same style.....

14. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    Nice try at trolling. Here's a tip for next time. Tell someone who cares. Better yet, let liverpool know about his availability.

15. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL

"we're Tottenham, we're Tottenham, Super Tottenham, from the Lane. We're Tottenham, Super Tottenham, we're Tottenham from the Lane"

Now ******** off.

16. Persiaz_fynest

Persiaz_fynest BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 17, 2005
    BRAZIL
    hahah

awww if that helps u sleeeeeep sure why not

so 9th place is an great achievment for u guys haha thats cute

:p :p :p

17. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

....oh, don't take it badly. Most agents make a loss in their first year.

18. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    looking at the state that you're in, I'm doing badly as a shrink too! ;)

19. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

only the shrinks in Hollywood make a killing (literally). You're doing ok.

My pre-season starts today. Argghhh! I am so unfit. I went for a run yesterday and couldn't even run 3 km's!!!!

I'm gonna get the sack. Not that I care. So Kami Kakashi, if you can get me another club lined up, I'll give you £6.00 per week. That's 10%!

20. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    YIDDO, YIDDO, YIDDO.

21. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York

...Where did that come from?

22. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    that's my usual bedtime song with me cup of tea and a crumpet.
    :rolleyes:

23. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog

Oh dear, you have become a bit annoying. Isn't that a shame. It is your fault too, someone made a joke and you TRIED to take the piss.

yes 9th place is an achievement after a 14th the season before.

Gerrard is NOT leaving, do keep up. Iranian players aren't typically very good in the top european leagues, Germany doesn't count in that btw. Mahdavikia, Karimi and Daei.. although Daei didn't last long.

Very few Asian players make it in England. In fact, there are only about 3 British Asian players in the league - and considering there are about 2m of them in this country that's pretty poor.

We're not stupid, at least some of us anyway, so if you're going to be annoying and insulting then it's best you leave or sort yourself out and be nice.

24. Karimi_Is_God

Karimi_Is_God New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Karimi would be a huge star in any league.

25. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Of course that's your unbiased opinion, if that is the case then... why hasn't anyone else gone in for him?

He's gone to Bayern, but as far as i know that's quite a recent deal and he hasn't been able to play yet (as the season hasn't started).

Like i said though, very few Asian players in England, i don't know of any in Spain and only a couple in Italy (one is Gaddaffi's son at Udinese now).