Toronto Wins!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by arturwin, May 12, 2007.

1. arturwin

arturwin New Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Winnipeg
    Yeahhhhhhhh!

A GREAT DAY FOR SOCCER! What a game!
    ...and I got to watch Pozniak play!!!

Cheers,
    Art

2. Dylan!!!

Dylan!!! New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! We Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What A Game!

3. hodgkiss

hodgkiss New Member

May 21, 2006
    Toronto
    awesome! congrats fellow fans!

4. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CONGRATS!!!

5. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    BEAUTIFUL!!!

Go Toronto!

6. Moonwez

Moonwez New Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Lakewood, CO
    Hey, congratulations! You've waited quite a while for a day like this. I have got to say that I've been VERY impressed by your fan base over there. You all have lots of passion for your team, and the seat cover thing was pretty funny. Good luck with the rest of the season!!! Good job! :D

7. BadLlama

BadLlama Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Gainesville
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on the first win :)

The crowd was great and the team showed a lot of fight. Chicago came to town and tried to steal your lunch money and TFC wasn't having it. I don't know if it was the frustration of the earlier games or just something finally clicking but the team defended its home turf pretty impressively. Looking forward to our game against y'all on the 19th.

8. batman54

batman54 Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Toronto
    Hahaha. The seat cushions were a riot. They might as well have handed out frisbees.

I can't wait for Granite Club "Curling Stone" NIght!

9. jay632

jay632 New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm just glad no one got hurt... It could of turned ugly by an idiot throwing a cup of beer on a player. But all in all, great game to watch.

10. CalgaryHibernian

CalgaryHibernian New Member

Apr 25, 2007
    everyone following TFC has been waiting for the first goal, and when the first one went in i sure BMO field moved aboot 3 feet closee to the water :)

even i was jumping aroond when the first went in, then getting two more what ae game and the club is on the rite trac now.

Well done to TFC :D

Love the huge flag as well :D

11. Azerban

Azerban New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Beamsville
    We f_ckin rock! We f_ckin rock!

[SIZE=-1]Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons les rouges allez!![/SIZE]

12. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats T.F.C Fans and the FC, its been a long time waitn.

Great fan support, the MLS needs more people like you guys in Toronto...

13. DrewVelvet

DrewVelvet New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Etobicoke,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Unbelievable!! Going to watch a TFC home game is an event.
    You are not just watching a soccer match but you are
    part of a life affirming experience. This will be a summer to
    remember if you are a soccer fan in Toronto. Not only do we
    have TFC but there will also be the FIFA U-20 World Cup.

I saw this heading in a New York Times article which sums
    up how I feel at the moment.

BIRTH. SOCCER. DEATH. WHAT ELSE IS THERE?

14. shookem

shookem New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Toronto
    Awesome match, I thought the team looked great and of course the crowd was amazing. Here's to many more /cheers/!

15. pitchpipe

pitchpipe New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Atlanta-ish
    Congrats TFC on the win...I wish all fans were as supportive of their home team as you are for yours!

Good luck with Houston, we found our stride again!

16. enrique14150

enrique14150 New Member

May 19, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I've been really impressed by the Toronto fan suppport so far (even though I'm no Toronto booster). It looks so far like they've put together their franchise in the right manner, appealing right off the bat to the serious soccer fans. The lack of the same level of support in other MLS markets is not an indication of a lack of soccer fans, just a lousy marketing approach in the past. The marketing drive towards 'family friendly good clean fun' with its carnival of gimmicks and music and such turned away too many existing soccer fans who wanted a true experience. By appealing to these fans first, TFC has created a game-day atmosphere that more casual fans want to be near but not necessarily in the midst of. The serious fans are the ones much more likely to buy season tickets and merchandise. This isn't to say that teams can't provide family-friendly areas of the stadium. MLS has been trying for several years to appeal to existing soccer fans (which exist, when you consider first of all the World Cup tv ratings). I hope this is a blueprint towards future success around the league. Reach out to the serious fans - go to their tailgates, to the soccer bars, and talk to them. Soccer fans exist in all these cities, just that in Toronto they were properly embraced and included by the organization from the start.