Toronto Raptors Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by ibreak4coffee, Nov 3, 2004.

1. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We ain't gonna be winning the division until we can bring a steady road game to our east coast friends.

2. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Okay people.

Let's hope the Raptors finish strong. We have to beat the bobcats tomorrow and pray they will pull a miracle against the Suns.

Looking forward to Feb, the Raptors have a lot of home game. They have to take care of business. The tough part is that our home games are against good teams. This is it, if they finish Feb with a monthly record of 4 games above .500, they will look forward to the playoffs, anything below .500 means it's over.

trade deadline is not too far away, i don't know if they will pull a good one

3. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Couldnt have said it better. It starts tomorrow night... if we cant beat Charlotte on the road, especially with Dallas, Washington, and Phoenix coming to town - we dont belong in the playoffs.

I'm encouraged by what I've been seeing though. The team is only one strong post player from being a legit team in the East.

4. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Guys

Charlotte's home record is 7-17 and our road record is 3-19

this means Charlotte's more dominant at home than we are on the road.

The numbers are not in our favorites. Not looking good guys, not good at all.

5. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This last week has had all the signs that the Raptors are ready to go on another 10 game losing streak and lose any chance at the playoffs. The effort hasnt been there, the shots werent falling, and Rafer has gone balistic.

They wont win any of their next three games, and its anyone's guess after that. In a way it might be for the best. For Vince's trade to matter the draft picks we get need to mean something. Plus this team can be good, but only against inferior opposition. Even if everything went right they would be a .500 team and no more.

So we need to trade Donyell, get some help in the middle, and pray that the opened cap space will give the Raps a chance to sign a big man who would want to play alongside Bosh. Its time to realize that Araujo will never be a starting center in the league, and that until we have a solid front line it doesnt matter how many guys on the team can shoot the 3.

6. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The one thing I hate is, they always miss the playoffs but they are never the worst team in the league. This is bad because you don't get a good draft pick unless you are the bottem 3 teams in the league. If they are going to miss the playoffs, might as well lose them all. Be like NO, at least they have a shot at a first pick.

I am glad we got Bosh, but seriously, wouldn't you rather have Lebron James? We got robbed that year with the 4th pick. Even second pick would have given us Anthony.

7. SockersFC

SockersFC New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    USA
    Well put.

8. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We BEAT THE PACERS!!!!

CAN I GET A: "HELL YEAH!!!?"

9. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    HELL YEAH

but don't get too excited, they need like 20 more HELL YEAH's to make the playoffs.

10. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    That's another HELLL YEAH for beating the Wizards. They had our number all season long, it's about time.

so now we are down to 19 more HELL YEAHs before we can say playoffs. I figre a 39-45 record is good enough for playoffs in the East Atlantic

11. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Raptors could lose the rest of their games this year... I'm satisfied. They completely shut Vince down. As soon as he tried to drive, they knew a little contact would faze him!!!!! The defensive effort and the effort on the boards were also huge... what a great day to be a Raptors fan (finally!)

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    big win for the raps im tellin you jalen rose is the key after vc left he is taking command . chris bosh is an intergral part ansdwhere is mo pete.
    all they needs is a big centre and another point guard trade alvin to injury proned.

13. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  14. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    WIN as chucky would say!

15. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We shoul of killed the Lakers off in the third. Still happy about the win though! :D

16. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Great stretch since the break... too bad we're playing three unwinnable games on the road in the next week... :(

17. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  18. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The only foundation for this rumour is the fact that Jaamal is from T.

Great player though and I wish he was part of the Raps :(

19. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm not sure what to believe. What I will say though is that I will believe any article pointing to incompetence with Rob Babcock... he always has an excuse, and meanwhile 29 other GM's can make trades while he sits and does nothing.

20. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    what a year of turmoil and missed chances this could be the worst year as far as a soap opera is concerned. i still think their are in a rebuilding process and the draft will be the important factor.

21. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well I guess this season went straight to sh!t.

Lets hope for a good draft :(

22. socca_playa

socca_playa New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    yup, Raptors are done. Currently losing to Chicago in the 4th with 6 minutes to go by 9. They could come back, but havnt had a lead in the game.

Babcock is a ******, he basically gave Carter away for free, what did we get out of him? A. Williams, barely any playing time, no use, just there to foul. E. Williams, barely plays, suppsobly got him to get a better defense, A. Mourning, didnt wear the raps jersey, back-up for Shaq in Miami. picks, what are we going to do with the picks, especially with our scouting staff, c'mun, we scouted Aruojo, lol

23. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Oh come on, you knew this season was straight to ******** after 20 games played. Or should I say when we traded away Vince Carter for nothing in return. Our biggest problem is in the paint. We have no muscle in the paint. This up coming draft pick is weak. We have a lot of picks but they are like 8th, 9th, 10th. They have some serious work to do in the off-season.

Rafer Alston is not a pure point gaurd. We need a point gaurd that can organize the offense, not just trying to score points.

Can someone please tell me why did we decide to keep Marshall? He is just going to leave the team in the off-season. We could have at least got some draft pick for him and dumped some salaries.

Can someone please tell me why are they still trying to win games? 2 months ago we should have traded Marshall away and lose games on purpose to get better draft picks. I mean, we weren't going to make the playoffs to start with, we should think of our next season.

Poor us, poor raptor fans. I guess it's all up to the Jays now. Let's hope hockey strike is over before october hits.

tsk tsk tsk

24. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

now, as stupid as Babcock, I don't believe he would have passed on this opportunity. I don't believe the sources. For sure it wasn't that easy to get JM.