News: Toronto FC player movement/rumours thread

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Catracho_Azul, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Waking The Red suggesting Fraser will be going to Columbus on loan:

https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/4/30/22412314/report-toronto-fc-set-to-send-liam-fraser-on-loan

Fraser was ignored by Vanney and now seems to be behind younger midfielders in Armas' depth chart. He has shown some incredible moments when he's been given the chance - most notably when he dominated the midfield during the national team's win over the US just before covid. I really hope he gets a fair chance to show what he can do with regular playing time.

2. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    crazypete13 repped this.
  3. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Thank you @Kingston for doing this, it is much appreciated.

4. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    crazypete13 repped this.
  5. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Two moves to report. TFC drop Griffin Dorsey:

https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/5...19-6th-overall-pick-griffin-dorsey-on-waivers

and pick up Dom Dwyer:

https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/5/11/22431546/official-toronto-fc-sign-forward-dom-dwyer

I'm not sad to see Dorsey go insofar as he never played anyway. I wish him the best wherever he goes.

While Dwyer will probably score some goals for us, I see this as a move backwards. He's 30 years old and on the downside of his career. He's not a replacement for Altidore (or what Altidore should be) so he's basically a stop gap and, in the meantime, he'll be taking away minutes from the development of young players.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  6. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
  7. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    as a Vancouver Whitecap supporter, any thought of hiring carl robinson as TFC's next head coach should be doused in a heavy amount of cow pooh

he is a smooth-talker, unable to admit and learn from his coaching mistakes, has some stench around the signing of players (especially connected to agent, david baldwin), had a poor MLS record aside from 2015 and left 1 aussie team after 4 months to go to another aussie team which is near the bottom of the league

there are reasons why he was fired by the Caps and never received any interest to coach in Britain... anywhere

terrible decision if TFC hires him

TOFC/ARSENAL and crazypete13 repped this.
  8. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But as far as players who I would love to see play for Toronto FC, I definitely would love to see some of my countrymen from Ghana be targeted like:

Andre Ayew
    Kamaldeen Sulemana
    Caleb Ekuban

crazypete13 repped this.
  9. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    At this point what TFC needs to find is an established, successful coach. This is not experiment time.

10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    So Altidore is now out again for a month and a half.

Potentially worse is that Priso is gone for the season. He was rounding in to a very promising youngster. Most irritating is that he was injured because of the stupid rule where offside calls are delayed for no obvious reason. Had the call been made immediately, the play would have ended before his injury.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/toro...foot-surgery-ralph-priso-to-miss-rest-of-2021

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  12. legendofzola

legendofzola Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Cape Breton
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yep..a few more of these and maybe they will stick that stupid rule back in the box.

13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
  15. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    If TFC lose Altidore, who could they sign

16. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I don't know specifically. Altidore made $3.6 million this season, however, so that would open up a lot of options.

17. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
  18. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    TFC should go international and sign players from Europe...bring more people in

19. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    msilverstein47 repped this.
  20. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Michael Bradley's father as the coach, Bob Bradley, this is huge for TFC. If anybody could turn TFC around, it is Bob Bradley

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  21. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    And with the off season we how have a number of roster moves:

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-announce-year-end-roster-decisions

Silva, Gonzalez, Zavaleta, Romeo, and Mullins have not had their options exercised. We have in the past sometimes re-signed some players at lower contracts after not exercising their contracts. I expect that all of these guys will be gone, however.

The contracts for Dunn, Fraser, DeLeon, Endoh, Gallardo, and Akinola run out at the end of the year. I imagine the club will want to keep Dunn and Akinola. I'd assume also Fraser who did really well in Columbus but who knows with our history of not taking guys back from loans. I suspect that Endoh and Gallardo will be gone. I'd be happy to see DeLeon gone, too, but TFC seem to love him for some reason.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  22. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Then I wonder who TFC signs to fill those voids