Top Striker from Group D?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Portista69, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Karimi_Ching

Karimi_Ching New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Cupertino CA
    Lol, i think they messed up the pic. That is not Hashemian in the picture. But the stats are correct.

2. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!
    Re: Stryker.

Que onda cangrejillo, como estas?

3. dooodoool

dooodoool New Member

Nov 30, 2005

ey ey senior this is not mexico speak english u understand enlish :p

4. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    How many of those in the last two years? 3? He didn't score any for Bayern if I recall correctly, and most 96 fans I know are complaining about him.

5. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    most Hanover fans should have complained about the ex-coach more loudly. Since the new coach took over, he has had 2 goals and 1 assist in 4 games, that speaks a volume.

6. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    so why did your best player go to a foreign club?

btw, I have watched plenty of Mexican league games, nowhere near Europe or Argentine or Brazil.

anyway, juust tell me what Borgetti has accomplished in Europe in his first season.

7. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Our best player is Cuauhtemoc Blanco.

8. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
  9. RoozPOP

RoozPOP New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    He scored one for Bayern, big mistake going to Bayern last season he was doign well for Bochum. Amazing for Bochum! Even this season its taken him a while to get into, but hopefully he'll sort himself out.

We iranians dont deny that his move to Bayern was a mistake. He didnt get much playing time at all. When a striker goes from being 4th top scorer in the bundesliga to a bench warmer its gotta be depressing for him.

But bottomline, he scores goals when he's on form, for club and country.

10. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

Nah you're thinking of your national team. Ooh the sweet faces of you all arrogant Mexicans will be priceless once you finish third in the group.

11. dooodoool

dooodoool New Member

Nov 30, 2005

3rd?? 4th :rolleyes:

12. Sportinguista

Sportinguista New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    I would have to say Pauleta tops the rest of the strikers in Group D :)

13. AstonVillaFan

AstonVillaFan BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 13, 2005
    1st Pauleta
    2nd Hashemian
    3rd Nuno Gomes...
    4th Blanco.

14. flyzeggs

flyzeggs New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    OK who voted for Daei? lol :D

I'm voting for Pauleta and I agree that he's underrated (I just saw highlights of POR-Korea '02, poor guy, tried so hard!).

Daei is the most overrated of the bunch, but we'll support the 37 year old loud-mouth, obnoxious idiot who blames others for every mistake he makes (watch a few of Saba's games and you'll see what I mean, Daei is neither the gentleman nor the player he once was). OK I got a little carried away there, I hope he pulls a Milla in the WC, the truth is he hasn't played well, for, um... the last 5 years I think :D I really hope Daei improves but seeing he's 37 it's kinda hard to imagine, all I know is that if he plays (and 90 mins., good lord!), the Portuguese, Mexicans and Angolans would get a good laugh!

15. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    well at least were winning in this poll....pauleta has been in form of late and ready to make an impact.

16. AstonVillaFan

AstonVillaFan BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 13, 2005
    Borgetti is decent.

17. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I really do think this is a toss-up. When you think about it, this group has a few GOOD strikers but no GREAT strikers. Borgetti is an incredible finisher and can't be topped in that area. He is incredibly consistent as well, but he is not an effective dribbler or passer, so that's his weakness. Pauleta is strong where borgetti is not, but tends to be inconsistent and will flop when it really matters. The striker everyone has been mentioning from angola is mantorra so i have been reading about him and trying to find video's (hard to do) so this may not be 100% accurate, which i'll admit to right now so now smart alec tries to get me on it, but he is past his prime due to injury. and Iran well... there's been enough argument there through out this entire group D forum, so i'll just say i wasn't impressed by what i saw in the video's thread. So in the end, it's hard to say cuz no striker really stands out in this group as being the best, so it's a very even toss up.

18. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    You call highest goal scorer ever of Portugal and current top scorer of the French League inconsistent? Haha...

19. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what are you talking about, even your own people keep talking about how he flops when it's necessary. Borgetti is also Mexico's top scorer but to me that doesn't mean much, it just means he's given more playing time and scored against smaller teams, for all i know pauleta is the same. and besides, playing for the french league is different than playing for the national team. I'm going by what i've read and what portuguese in the group D forum are saying... so speak with your peoples about this one.

20. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Not every Portuguese person believes that. Fact is, the numbers are there. People must be big morons to say Pauleta is incosistent just because of Euro 2004. People call him inconsistent because he had one bad tournament? He scored 3 goals in 3 WC games. that I must say is pretty damn good.

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Correction. He scored 3 goals in ONE game. Then disappeared, just like he did in the Euro. With that said I am starting to regain faith in Pauleta, but if he doesnt score any goals in the Qualifying round I might go with Nuno Gomes...

22. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    I know he scored in one game... I said 3 goals in 3 games, not 1 goal in each game.

23. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    mr.clutch nuno gomes

24. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    haha so you mean 3 goals in one game then 2 games with no goals... oh you portuguese, tricky with the langauge huh? haha it's all good. fonseca has 15 goals in 20 international appearances. Or actually 16 in 21, i forgot the hungary game. but anywayz, that includes friendlies and confederations cup, not just qualifying. Not trying to say he's better than pualeta, but presenting him as an option for someone who can perhaps become the top striker once group play is done.

25. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ......or Helder Postiga!:)