Top Referee Miscues! (FIFA DVD)

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by donaircoze, Nov 4, 2004.

1. donaircoze

donaircoze New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    Shanghai, China
    Hey I think the title tells you what I am looking for...I just heard FIFA 100 year DVD has the top 50 ref blunders--4 of which are from the last World Cup.

Sorry if I am on the wrong thread here.

Does anyone have a link or know the 4? FIFA site doesn't--I suppose they don't want to hype this sort of thing.

Anyway I'm thinking Rivaldo hands to his head is one.. (I have a wager the other 3 involve Korea.)

Thanks,,,

2. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Handball in the box USA vs. Germany

3. donaircoze

donaircoze New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    Shanghai, China
    Thanks BM I thought of that non-call also but that still leaves two. And I can't think of anything but...

The Spain non-offside (SK stopped defending so maybe it wasn't a goal.) Or the other Spain goal.

Or 1 of the 2 Portugal red-cards. Or any number of fiascos in Italy. Except the diving Totti - HaHa. At least he didn't spit that we know of.

I guess can find the DVD soon enough.

4. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    Probably the Korea-Spain game.

5. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    In 02 I saw the worst offsides blunder ever, in the CR-Turkey match, an CR player on ONSIDE by almost 2 meters with one defender behind him. Ball was played over the defender(who stood still) from a close position, who stood still, while CR player moved to received ball, control it and start toward goal, then the flag comes up.

CR lost two other 1v1s with the goalie due to bad offsides calls, but the one above was the most egregious I have ever seen. If it had not been been for that utterly incompentent official we might have seen CR in the semifinals.

6. donaircoze

donaircoze New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    Shanghai, China
    Hey I was at that match---Turkey - Costa Rica in Japorea. Can't remember that play but I;ll take your word for it. And that was big. CR equalized right in front of me--end zone seats I think Turk went through on goal differential. It was very close anyway. A lot of CR fans were there--too bad they didn't fare better.

7. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Or maybe handball in the box USA vs. Mexico