Top Defender in Group D

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Portista69, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who is the best defenseman in Group D?

Sorry, i don't know any defenseman from Angola! :(

2. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hard choice, but i went with Jorge Andrade over Carvalho! :cool:

3. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Its between Rafa, Carvalho and Andrade

4. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Rafa Marquez, no question about it.

5. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  6. BlancoMEX

BlancoMEX New Member

Dec 16, 2005
    B.C., Canada
    Dude it's not asking who's the best defender in Portugal, which is the only players you chose. Marquez is better than both of those guys. Duh!

7. GatoFedorento

GatoFedorento New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Porto, Portugal
    No.

8. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Wasn't Jorge Andrade voted best defender in La Liga, the same league Marquez plays in?

9. iKnan

iKnan Member

Apr 19, 2005
    from the players i know from the list i vote for: Rahman Razaei- Iran

10. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who the fvck is this guy? :confused: Who does he play for? If he's that great why isn't he at a top club in Europe?

11. iKnan

iKnan Member

Apr 19, 2005
    he plays for messina. he had offers from top italian clubs but he didn't want to make the move because he was/is doing great and is always the player that gets the most playing time and all.

and if you don't know who he is, why do you put him in the poll?

12. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So he's basically saying that he's not good enough to move to a top club because if he does he won't get any playing time!

To answer ur 2nd question, i was told that he was one of Iran's top 2 defenders!

13. iKnan

iKnan Member

Apr 19, 2005
    maybe...i just think he didn't want to risk anything.

anyway, as i said from the people i know from the list, rezaei is my choice. i haven't watched/seen the other defenders play a lot. i'm probably making the statement that rezaei is the best blindedly but trust me even others do the same for their country-man.

14. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    I would say Rafa Marquez and Carvalho.

15. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Jorge Andrade is the best defender in the group...steady and quick

Followed closely by Carvalho...

The rest you can bunch together:D

Sorry fans of Mexico, Marquez is not as good as the 2 I mentioned...

16. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004

NOT A CHANCE IN HELL MY FRIEND

jorge andrade was voted best defender in la liga..where does ur precious marquez play.,..oh thats right :rolleyes:

carvalho was voted best defender in europe, won the CL, starts for chelsea, hes a rock back there, rezei from what is it?? messina has more votes them him??

this is hilarious, shows how biased you lot are.

portugals defense and midfield are by far better then any of the teams here, only salcido i would take on the left hand side of defense( i think thats where he plays)

17. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    what do you expect alot of people are?

here i got some good things to say about mexico

borghetti salcido and fonseca are mexicos best players....sanchez is awesome as the goalkeeper.

they have a good midfield and as far of there d goes marquez is b quality defender.

18. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    of course i know but still its ridiculous, andrade and carvalho have proven themselves at the top time and time again, yes marquez is good, but andrade and carvalho have that something extra, its no coincedence barca was after andrade in the summer.

Yes i know mexico have a good defense and midfield, but with the players we have we are better. Then again it all comes down to who shows up on the day, and no one can guess that.

But im jsut saying, people get real, seriously.

andrade:
    voted best in la liga
    saved deportivos ass almost repeatidly when he brought them to the cl semis, eventually losing to carvalhos, decos, ferrieras, maniches, costinhas, porto

Carvalho:
    starts for chelsea
    won the cl and uefa cup
    voted best defender in europe

now tell me does marquez or rezei or what not have those accomplishments??? i didnt think so, of course their good, all footballers at this level are, but carvalho anfd andrade are better.

Then again we've been more tame then other forums, so lets keep it like that..im jsut ASKING, do you HONESTLY think that those two r superior to carvalho or andrade, or did u vote for them due to national pride or what not.

19. El Yucateco

El Yucateco Member

Nov 1, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He's right, as purely a defender, Marquez is not better than the portuguese. But as a defensive mid playing in front of the back four, Marquez is great. If he had played in Champions League last year vs Chelsea, many believe that barca would've gone through. But without him, Lampard and Drogba tore apart the barca defense.

20. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    I agree..if Marquez would have been in that match Terry would have never gotten that fluke goal at the end..but whatever..the truth is Marquez is a great defender easily in the top 3 of the group no matter what.

21. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    i know, i never said he wasnt, andrade and carvalho are the only two ahead of him.

and El Yucateco..we arnt talking about defensive midfielders

Were talking about defenders.

22. El Yucateco

El Yucateco Member

Nov 1, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why are you bitching me out? I conceded that you were right already, I was just pointing out that Marquez' best position isn't central defender.

23. CRonaldo_07

CRonaldo_07 New Member

Jun 15, 2004

i wasnt bitching you out, i jsut said in this poll its about defenders not defensive midfielders :confused:

anywaz marquez is class i wont deny, i also like salcido alot as well, i cant believre a european club havent snapped him up.

24. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    What some don't understand is that Salcido would have to take a pay cut to go to Europe to play . Marquez was exceptional even at the age of 16 ,played in a Final in Mexico (lost by penalties) and opted to take a pay cut to go to France. Borgetti took a pay cut to go to EPL . VELA The young golden boot winner at 16 that went Arsenal could as easily be making alot more money in Mexico then he will make at Arsenal .

Sanchez can walk in and play with many European clubs , but he has said he doesn't want to go there and make less money .

25. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Are u implying that the Mexican league is a richer league then the EPL, La Liga, Seria A or even the Bundesliga? :confused: