Top 8

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by locoxriver, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    1. Internacional
    2. Sao Paulo
    3. Boca Jrs
    4. Pachuca
    5. Colo Colo
    6. Libertad
    7. Nacional (Uruguay)
    8. River
    9. Chivas :(
    10. Velez Sarsfield

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    América 1 - 4 Libertad.. The Mexicans played as the home side. Would you guys still put them in the top 8? :confused:

3. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I don't get it either.

I also didn't see Libertad in a lot of the lists here. They're a good team. I did put them in mine. :D

4. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The final list

1. Internacional
    2. Sao Paulo
    3. Boca Jrs
    4. Santos
    5. River Plate
    6. Libertad
    7. Nacional (Uruguay)
    8. Velez Sarsfield

5. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In my opinion Burritos are the only good thing to take to a futbol match made in Mexico..:D . Specially after what I saw yesterday. Although in all honesty, the results so far show that many top ranked teams are still very vulnerable. I guess no one will know until at least two more games go by.

6. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would put LDU over Velez or Nacional (Uruguay). Remeber we were Inters toughest team, IMO, in last years Libertadores.

7. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    All due respect to LDU, they are a very strong side and they play a very good game for an ecuadorian team but the only reason they beat Inter over there is because of circunstances. We had a replacement goalie than that was a junior that never played with the team ever so he lost control. Not to mention that Inter was playing good and winning and after 45 minutes they just couldn't run anymore. It was crazy to see Inter running out of breath, specially when had the PT manager of Selecao Brasileira. The height of Quito got us then not ldu, that was proven to be the fact once LDU came to Porto Alegre. They are number 9 to me.

8. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree with you about them being a solid team, one of Ecuador's top 3. But then LDU already lost their first game to mighty Caracas FC. Add to that that the best place they've reached is semifinals of the 1976 CL, they can't be a top 10.

9. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I am not saying we are just bellow Inter. I know we have a big advantage in our home games. But then again, we did not give to many goals away in Brazil. Besides, America has the altitude as a back up, just like teams like Boca and River, have the ambient in their stadiums. Any smaller team tends to just break down under such pressure. But I respect your opinion, it is hard to pick 8 right away and we haven't proved anything this year yet. But I havent seen anything special from Velez either, I will see how they play when they play Internacional.

10. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Is this a Cola Libertadores 2007 top 8 or an all time top 8? If that is the case then I understand the logic on using history. As I said before though, I do agree with the fact that we havent showed anything yet, but again we have only one match. Inter lost the first too. America won and then lost as a local team...

11. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Boca
    River
    Estudiantes
    Libertad
    Sao Paolo
    Internacional

and I'll just leave it at 7, also, they are in no particular order

12. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    Is Inter playing well ? Really ? At this point, I would put Flamengo on the list ... and moving up :)

13. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    The height got you ??? funny .. I remember when you said that Flamengo was a sissy team becuase we were complaining about 4000m height against Potosi, and that "gaúchos" teams would not have any problem with altitude ... please make up your mind ... why did you loose ? Altitude or LDU ?

14. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    MY TOP 3 + five (five not in any particular order ... I think they are having +/- the same performance in Libertadores 2007). I didn't see any Mexican team, besides Pachuca (???) on these lists ... Since I did not watch any Mexican Team playing yet, is this because they are Mexican, or because they are simply not doing well ? How was Necaxa against São Paulo yesterday, did the play well ?

1. Santos
    2. Boca Jrs
    3. São Paulo
    X. River Plate
    X. Velez Sarsfield
    X. Gremio
    X. Nacional (Uruguay)
    X. Flamengo

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Flamengo has established themselves as one of the top 8 teams in SA.

paulo, I heard that Necaxa played well against São Paulo. Looks like SPFC needs to step. They haven't really been impressive in the Libertadores, but they did show they could hang with a quality team like Santos. I guess they need to be more consistent..

16. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Inter is not playing well at all, but then again flamengo is playing such a traditional and respectful bunch right????? Hold your horses buddy, once flamengo makes it to the quarter finals and defeats any real team them we can think about it changind the list. Till then, wait and see.

17. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Please quote me sayind "gaucho teams would not have a problem with altitude. Everyone does it's a fact. Even Brasil NT does, why Inter wouldn't it. As for complaining. I, myself a fan pointed that the altitude kicked our a$$es, but that's me. Flamengo's entire staff, managers included and the rio press were crying like babies and that was the part I was talking about. We lost to the altitude and took it like a man, you guys cried a river.

18. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    AHAHAH

all of that based on a group with no previous libertadores winners and with the mighty venezuelan and the other got know what team I don't even know where the hell they come from... and ohh don't forget the huge Brasilian side "parana" ahahah whos entire torcida cabe num fusquinha...

LOL

pelamordedeus flamenguista.. defeat at least one libertadores champ before you got started with that nonsense of top 8

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You mean the Venezuelan team you TIED last year in Venezuela? Or a Parana team that beat the World Champs last year at Vila Campenella but couldn't beat a FLAMENGO RESERVES team last year and our team this year? Paraná is better than all of the teams in your group besides Vélez.

Paraná >= Nacional
    Maracaibo
    Real Potosí > Pumas UNAM(who lost to Maracaibo at HOME)

So before you start talking about groups, maybe you should look at the group you got last year. You are telling me you didn't feel confident about your team during the group stages? I think you should be worrying about your own team instead of talking crap about others.

20. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    HAHAHAHA !! I was going to reply the exactly same thing !!!! Let's not forget about how WELL :)D) Inter is doing in the great, technique full, Gaúcho championship ... you just forgot one thing:

Paraná > Inter

21. paulo_mengao

paulo_mengao New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ, USA
    BTW - we were able to draw a match we were loosing 2x0, even though players were needing oxygen mask .. I think they were much tougher than the guys from Inter Onze Caldas.

22. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    that's correct, that team is a joke

so?? what does that prove?? Nothing!! you are like a kid!! Inter lost the last game it played in Brasil before the Club World Cup and people were talking all kinds of stupid stuff , like we were gonna get trashed by barca... you know the rest

P
    quit smoking that garbage

Our group was crappy, just like yours and I didn't felt confident about anything last year, as a matter of fact only when we defeated LDU back in Porto Alegre (After the World Cup) I really considered we could have a shot a the cup. I'm not delusional like some folks here.

23. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

ohh yeah...

60 thousand socios, one of the best stadiums in Brasil (way better than flamengo's btw) FIFA CWC and Libertadores Champion, 3 times Brasilian Champion, 4 times runner up, 10 million fan base

yeah parana is the bomb

you are a real douche dumba$$

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And you tied them? What does that say

Doesn't change the fact that you lost to them in that stadium of theirs filled with a torcida que só cabe num fusquinha.

What's the matter? Can't admit it?

That's a load of crap. SS came here on the forums and talked a bunch of smack. Just go on any of the soccer-related communities on Orkut and you would have seen a bunch of Colorados smack talking about their great group campaign.

25. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

So what?? Flamengo chocked big time in recent Copa do Brasil loosing to the crappy Sao something (I don't even remember the name) and that doesn't change the fact Flamengo is a great time, with amazing history and some of the best squads Brasil has ever produces (80's flamengo) I wont measure ur tram based on 1 single game, that would be stupid.

Oh yeah, we colorados are not a fan base made up with people that thing different from one another, disagree at times and etc. We are robots, programados to think all the same way all the way. C'mon pal, 10 million colorados don't agree on everything. Am I now liable for all that you have heard from some on other forums??? Seriously now.. Inter group didn't said anything. We got a crappy venezuelan team, we sailed on a mexican team that was horrible so that didnt' proved anything either. And last years nacional was not even a shade of this years. Nobody noticed Inter till the quarter finals, and even than some people didn't dreamed to imagine we would have gone all the way. Colorados, people on the brasilian press, (even gaucho press) so what are you talking about?