Top 6 In Next Seasons Epl

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by jasper1996, Jan 26, 2010.

1. jasper1996

jasper1996 New Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Tooradin
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Please write your top 6 for the 2010/2011 epl season, mine is

1.Chelsea just over man city :mad:
    2.Manchester City
    3.Arsenal
    4.Birmingham:rolleyes:
    5.Manchester United;)
    6.Everton

Other chances are Stoke, Notts Forest, Newcastle and Liverpool

2. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1.Manchester United
    2.Chelsea
    3.Manchester City
    4.Liverpool
    5.Arsenal
    6.Spurs

3. ranny fash

ranny fash Member

May 18, 2005
    notts
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Forest won't finish top 6!

Give it a damn good try though.

Liverpool certainly won't, neither will Newcastle, Wolves, or Sunderland

4. jasper1996

jasper1996 New Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Tooradin
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    yer, i just put down who i hope will in the poll

5. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    1. Liverpool
    2-6. The rest.

:D

6. kasaki

kasaki Member

Feb 22, 2009
    U.S.A
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah thats what you guys said about this season....... lol :cool:

7. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Yeah but it's all ready to come together when we can get over our injuries, next year will be our year!

8. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Billy, the bottom six thread is -----------> over there.

:eek:

9. ranny fash

ranny fash Member

May 18, 2005
    notts
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    It's gonna be a long time before Liverpool are truly title contenders. Not enough money, rubbish manager with no Plan B, reliance on you know who, loads and loads of money wasted on rubbish players. I've always been *surprised* by Liverpool's transfers, even before Rafa.

On the plus side, you've got Ryan Babel.

10. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Liverpool have a very average squad, even with Torres and Gerrard. Insua, Ngog, Lucas, Babel, Agger, Skrtel e.t.c are not good enough for a side that wants to win the league..

11. zakinator

zakinator New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    South Morang
    1. Manchester United
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool
    5. Man City
    6. Tottenham/Aston Villa

12. ranny fash

ranny fash Member

May 18, 2005
    notts
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    1. Arsenal
    2. Chelsea
    3. City
    4. Man U
    5. Spurs
    6. Villa

7. Birmingham?

13. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If Nani, Anderson, Fletcher, Brown, Park and Macheda are good enough to win the league then any player is. The group of players you just mentioned were good enough to finish 4points away form winning the league so they cant be that bad.

While i dont think we will win the league next year, i wouldnt say its impossible, and its a little short sighted for some to suggest that we won't finish in the top 6 next season.

14. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Well, you would be right and wrong there.

Firstly on Macheda, he has only had a small handful of appearances for us last year and this year, so it is not fair to compare him to N'gog in that respect. If you had an extra striker to play ahead of N'gog (but behind Torres/Gerrard) then it would be a more accurate comparison.

Fletcher is where I think Lucas can roughly get to. For the last two years or so now, Fletcher has been a very, very important player for Man Utd and our best CM outside of an on-form Scholes or Giggs (although we can only use those two sparingly at their ages). Lucas is a good way off that right now but he is slowly improving, and is still young. The likes of Essien, Mascherano and other who are able to play with anybody in CM at 22/23 years old are very much the exceptions, sometimes it irritates me when people expect players to develop there as young as forwards or wingers do.

Wes Brown is a very good squaddie defender (much like O'Shea). He is at most a part-time starter at rightback, but he is a very good player to have ready to step in for others... this is something that Liverpool are missing in several positions. That said, what is up with Agger/Skrtel? I have been waiting for about 18 months for Benitez to give the two of them a solid run together, but so far nothing - I figure the two have the skillsets to make a very, very good partnership. If I were Benitez I might focus on a Johnson-Agger-Skrtel-Insua backline in the UEFA Cup, and if they do well then go for that in the Premiership next year. Given the age of those guys (and of Reina, Masch & Lucas) that could be your defense sorted out for the next 6-8 years, so long as you get a small bit extra depth.

Park is a very handy squaddie, more in line with Benayoun & Kuyt in his usefulness... that said, he has been a bit cack this season. He works as hard as Kuyt (though he is't as strong) and on the ball he is Benayoun's equal (apart from finishing where Benayoun is pretty good yet Park is, well, awful). He is also a low-profile individual and doesn't moan about not playing all the time, which is something that shouldn't be overlooked by managers.

15. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Billy i was being a little facetious in my post about the Unitd players. Of course they are good enough i was just highlighting the fact all teams have players that neutrals deem average.

We are undoubtably poor this season, and the players and manager are underperfoming but this is still by and large the team that finished 2nd last season and its possible that this season is a blip.

While i personally hope for a change of manager, Rafa is still a talented coach and when he was at Valencia he had a poor seaon finishing 5th inbetween his 2 title winning seasons so he has in the past been able to bounce back after a poor season.

16. t.z0n3

t.z0n3 New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! Hull aren't relegated yet, put them up there! XD

I wouldn't vote for them anyway, but I thought I'd complain. :rolleyes:

17. EnglishHeart

EnglishHeart New Member