Too much endurance training?

Discussion in 'Player' started by StrikerCW, Aug 27, 2006.

1. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I have officially made my return from retirement in my second year at college making the club team.

We have games in 3 weeks and we will be practicing 3 times a week or so for 2 or 3 hours at a time.

My question is, will it be ok (I know probably stupid question) to endurance train (running, sprinting anything) everyday? When would you guys do it, and what would you do?

Everyday? Not before gamedays? Not on practice days?

2. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I forgot. What would you guys say about my weight lifting that I have been doing for a while now? I think I will only concentrate on upper body and maybe only 2 times a week. How would you guys impliment that with intensive endurance training?

3. iamaredneck13

iamaredneck13 Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    i wouldn't be worried too much about the endurance training you should be getting it in the 2 hours of practice you will be doing....and the weight training you can't only lift upper body your legs will get weaker keep up legs too just don't go overboard.....i would say on your off days get your lifting in followed by 30 min on a bike or treadmill if you want to do some endurance. . . don't run before game days and if you lift the day before a game TEASE the muscles do some light work with the weights. . .