Tony talks

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by goalscorer111, Jun 30, 2005.

1. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    I don't get why we would spend this kind of dough on Meola either. I'd rather have Walker anyway.

2. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    I'm a bit confused by this deal, I must admit. If the deal was for Meola as a backup and assistant goalkeeping coach and we got him for peanuts, it would have been an excellent deal. However, right now, it looks like we took a bath to get him and he won't be ready for a month and he's not interested in coaching. Meanwhile, all we got was a 4th round draft pick for Walker? He was a former marquee player; You'd think Lalas could have gotten more for him. The economics of this deal mystifies me at this point. Maybe someone from MFO would be willing to explain what's going on.

3. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    That 1-2 deadline was over a while ago, right? Doubt they'll tell us what's going on.

4. Santino

Santino New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    New Jersey
    Watched Meolo walk down the tunnel after Saturday's game vs. LA -- he had a pronounced limp (despite sitting for 90 mins) and you could see how heavily taped he was under his sock. I don't know how functional he's gonna be for some time to come.

He's gotta be better than Wells as a general in the defensive half -- he does nothing in terms of directing defenders & communicating. But what good is that if he's a gimp?

5. djdustmite

djdustmite New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NJ
    What DID I miss?

This whole thing is beyond me. Did Walker key Bradley's car or something?

6. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not after he got exposed in the expansion draft; might as well have stamped a "not wanted" sign on his forehead. Who was going to give us much of value after that?

7. Mathis is a God

Mathis is a God New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
    Actually, they had a girl for the third one. And by the sound of Zach Wells introducing himself on the pregame lineups, we arent too far off from that comparison either.

8. MetroSexual

MetroSexual New Member

May 23, 2005
    PA
    Surprised no one else had mentioned that yet! "Zack Wells" - long pause - "goalkeeper" - another pause -"UCLA Bruinnnnssss"

9. Mathis is a God

Mathis is a God New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
    LOL, I cant imagine anyone not noticing that. Plus the way he shapes his mouth saying UCLA Bruins, really makes you wonder...
    Plus, as ive mentioned before, really puts double meaning to the phrase "Wells can hear Meolas footsteps behind him"

10. AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Utica NY
    Reminds me off elementary-hs when the fat kid is always in goal