Tony DiCicco to take over China WNT?

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by dcajedi, Nov 9, 2004.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Nice find dcajedi!

Not trying to turn this into a "Future of the WUSA" thread, but I'm assuming Tony can't coach the team from Connecticut or wherever he lives so he'll be in China fulltime I guess sometime next month or the beginning of the new year. I'm guessing he'll be more focused on the team rather than trying to revive the WUSA. So I wonder who takes over that position?

EDIT

Is that $300,000 a year or over the life of the contract?

2. Baggio10

Baggio10 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
    It's not public yet.....But WUSA has been handed over to Foudy and some women from YAHOO Sports!

3. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    So how far back up the ladder did China just climb?

If Tony does for them what he did for us...

4. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    I was hoping this meant that WUSA would finally die.

5. RUUDVN

RUUDVN BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC
    I thought the Norwegian Nat team the one that after him ...

6. Baggio10

Baggio10 New Member

Sep 8, 2001
  7. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    Tony wants this job-he has lobbied for it before. In case no one remembers:
    From Dec, 2003:
    "On November 15th. the CFA started selecting a new head coach for the national team and according to Beijing media, former USA Head Coach Tony DiCicco expressed his interest in the position to the association. But finallyWang Haiming was the winner."
    http://66.218.71.225/search/cache?p...o+china+new+coach&d=AB62F44E15&icp=1&.intl=us

8. Tomahawk

Tomahawk Member

Mar 20, 2003
    Astral Plane
    He's not going - his family was not too excited about the prospect of living in China.

9. soccerdave05

soccerdave05 New Member

Nov 18, 2004
    sorry guys, but any chance of dicicco taking the job are slim to none. seeing as i play for his premiere team i can show you the email.

There are a couple of articles circulating about my coaching of the China team. Just to make sure that you all are clear on where that stands…I have not accepted a position to coach the Chinese Women’s National Team and although there is a slight chance I may, it is unlikely.

I have said it before and it is very true, I really enjoy coaching this team and all of you and also I am very invested in seeing this club continue to grow and evolve. Yes, the chance to coach internationally again and in the Beijing Olympics is exciting BUT there are many things including our team factoring into my decision.

See you this weekend.

Coach DiCicco