Todo acerca del Tri (news & rumors)

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Deleted USer, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Televisa y Burillo, nuevos dueños del Tri

http://www.el-universal.com.mx/pls/impreso/noticia.html?id_nota=85570&tabla=notas

interesting... very interesting

2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Does this mean that TV Azteca won't get to show the Mexican NT games anymore?

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Yes and no.

Shortly after the WC.... the FMF was in the process of selling thier rights. They ruled out DirecTV and other foreign networks/cable companies and said that the the Mexican TV networks would have preference. Originally, Televisa and TV Azteca were going to go 50/50 dishing out 40 million each and Soccer 2002 would market and comercialize the team and get a small cut. With that deal...the FMF would be guaranteed 80 million, PLUS the money they make off soccer 2002 (which was estimated that they would make more than 180 million.

Then TV Azteca fumbled the ball and decided not to...(Honestly, i think it was best for them not to go with it. I think they should harness all thier energy and expanding Azteca America)

but what gets me is why they went so low? There has to be a catch. Soccer 2002 instead of working on commision... they paid to guarantee thier presence... I dont think the FMF would not ltake 80 million (which was guaranteed) and settle for 40. I think this is where Burrillo comes in. Remember... he is now the head honcho when it comes to the internationalization of the Tri... I think they will make more... and what i do like... is that the clubs will be given money... meaning it will go thier footballing schools

BUT.. from what i hear ... is that Televisa will sell some of the games to TV Azteca....

but its not concrete just yet..

4. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Same ol Same Ol

Nothing new here...

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: Same ol Same Ol

NO VS.. there is something new here. It just doesnt make sense.

I dont think De La Torre (FMF President), Victor Garces (First Division President), and the National team commitee (consist of 5 people), would turn down over 100 million dollars and settle for 40 million. And out of those 40 million, a good chunk of it will go to each club and its "fuerzas basicas".

I dont care how much you get paid off under the table, rule of thumb is... if you make the federation/company money, you will get re-elected into an office...which puts you in a position to make more money.

DirecTV and other foreign networks were willing to cough up over a 100 million. (The BBC paid 120 million to the FA..just to put it into perspective.).

I think Burillo is putting himself in a position to make A LOT of money. You just dont build the national team the best training facility in the world. You just dont buy 3 teams and move one of them into an unknown market (Chiapas). You just dont send someone to Europe for a year to do an aprenticeship (Aguirre) and cover all of his expenses. You just dont have a fight with the President of the First Division over dressing room access. You just dont do this because you love the game of soccer. I know everybody loves Burrillo and feels he is the best thing that has happened to the National Team.....The honeymoon, whether you want to believe it or not... IS OVER.

He is going to milk it for what its worth. Mark my words here... RDL 8:28 "He who sleeps, gets robbed" HE is getting real comfortable & we are making him feel that its his house too. So naturally, when its your house.. you do what you please...

Its a conflict of interest being the head of the National team committee and giving your own company (Soccer 2002) the rights to comercialize and market the national team, dont cha think? So I think we know why he stepped down from the CSN (Comision de Seleccion Nacional). He did a julius Ceaser. but his intentions are to win the crowd over and then appoint himself emperor.

I still dont know why TV Azteca backed out. Supposedly, Televisa and TV Azteca were going to go in it together. But Azteca decided not to. I think Azteca should have gone at least 70/30 and use the rest of the money to promote Azteca America.

I hear that the CSN is expecting over 100 Million but with the help of Soccer 2002 handling all the promotions.... I wonder how much Burrillo is actually going to make off of it.

6. toot86

toot86 New Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Long John Silver's
  7. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    Gimme some of that!!!!

Good Lord, that's one fine ass woman!!!!

8. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    She would be a fine a$$ women if they ever got around to it.

9. Capitan Galan

Capitan Galan New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Estado de Mexico
    Exactomondo!

10. toot86

toot86 New Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Long John Silver's
    Mario Carrillo para la Seleccion Mexicana!~!

If Mario Carrilo set a record of victories with America imgain what he can do with the national team.. HE is going to leave when manolo comes back and he knows what he is doing he is a good choice for COoach.

11. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    tooty

Carillo is a good coach but seriously what has he won in the MFL ???

12. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Re: tooty

Toot..

Whatthe hell are you thinking? :p Carrillo? That guy sucks.... And this is coming from an Americanista.

He is dull. HE is boring. He takes no risk. And on top of that, he has no style of his own.

Carrillo has sucked every team he has gone too. The only thing I give him credit for is not screwing things up... you have to be a real idiot to do that. Even Tena was able to win after Aguirre set the table. (Tena is a good coach though).

All that crap about him saying that Lapuente should be the man for the job...is complete bullshyt. He just wants a job where the table is already set.

I promise you that if Carrillo had to worry about the Copa Libertadores, World Cup, League Play, injuries, etc... Carrillo would have America playing like Pachuca... or even worse... Chivas.

One thing.. he is not a complete screw up.... I am just glad he did not break anything... an on top of that..... he has Blanco... who might I add has scored the winning goal on 2 occasions

13. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Hummmm

[​IMG]

Something doesnt seem right :D

14. toot86

toot86 New Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Long John Silver's
    well.

He looks like he is doing a good job with America.. Its not easy to keep a winning streak of 5 games in a row after you have won the title.. Cruz Azul one of the best teams only got to 4 games in a row..And there is no coach in the world that doesnt have a style of play.. And Mario does have i

15. Schism

Schism Red Card

Jan 8, 2002
    Mexico City
    NOOOOOOOO

My God.....................wtf are you thinking toot???
    Please... thats like the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time... you can't say Carrillo can be fit for coaching the NT just because he's won 5 games in a row with America.. May I remind you he's Lapuentes puppet? He's never done anything for our football for christ sake!

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    solucion salomonica - hasta diciembre 2002

Lapuente, el ex seleccionador nacional no sólo ocuparía el puesto directivo en el equipo de Coapa, también en los Rayos del Necaxa y el Real san Luis, incluyendo sus filiales en segunda y tercera división.

Este acuerdo habría resultado de la plática de trabajo que sostuvieron el propio Lapuente y el presidente americanista, Javier Pérez Teuffer.

Dentro de su inicial actividad, Lapuente se enfocará en la detección y desarrollo de talentos para las Águilas.

Esto no afectará los cargos que ostentan actualmente, los presidentes de Necaxa y San Luis, Justino Compeán y Eduardo del Villar, respectivamente.

para que no se pelee con carrillo y dañe el camino al nuevo campeonato de aguilas.....pero que tanto puede decir de los que pasa en necaxa o san Luis?

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Quienes son los patrocinadores del TriColor?

Atletica ya no lo es... pero segun Nike, Atletica, e Umbro quieren los derechos para fabricar la piel del Tri.

Lycos
    Estadio 590
    Gillette
    Pegaso
    Duracell
    Miller Genuine Draft
    Gambesa o Bimbo (no me acuerdo)
    Sol o Corona (no me acuerdo

quienes mas son?

18. el mofles

el mofles Member

May 16, 2001
    RC Mongolian BBQ
    Club:
    Birmingham City LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    By the time WC time starts doesn't every company in Mexico become an official sponsor. Seems like every sports pomada, bakery and Brewery seems to have at one time been an official team sponsors

19. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    No. the divisions (rama de la primera division y las divisiones menores) and the national team committee (comision de selecciones mayores) have different sponsors.

for example.. the Comex (paints) company only sponsors the divisions and not the National Team Commision.

Since I was not in Mexico during the Pre World Cup festivities.. i really didnt get to see who all the sponsors were. I saw a bunch of games via Sky.. but most of them via Univision.

20. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. Re: Pelaez out of Selecciones Nacionales

Creo que Hugo Sanchez haria un buen trabajo. Hugo ahorita no esta para la seleccion mayor. El deberia de buscarse una chamba ahi, pero es muy orgulloso el Hugo ese. El quiere dirijir sin pasar por lo que otros han pasado.

22. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Monkeyboy2000

Im guessing that theres another power struggle in the FMF, especially with their new partnership to WAU. I think it has to do with Burillo Azcarraga leaving and not agreeing to the new position the FMF wanted to give him. I hope this doesnt affect the Tricolors new process..

23. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I suppose we should be used to this kind of thing by now. It's too bad. I remember an interview Pelaez gave in one of the Televisa sports shows when he was first given that position. He seemed to be very happy and willing to work to better the national squads.

Pealez always struck me as an open and honest guy.