To the mods, is this not allowed

Discussion in 'France' started by Zak, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    It's been ages since I've spoke french however I need to start again because I'm going to see my cousins in a few months. I'm wondering if it might be alright to sticky a french football discussion thread, en francais, at the top of the forum, where those who wish to speak in french can do so. Does this seem like something anyone would be interested in?

2. Snuffy

Snuffy New Member

May 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'd be up for it, I could use some practice.

...although I'm not a moderator

3. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    I will le use my contacts to allow this.

Maybe I will even partake in it, mais I will le intentionally not write as perfectly as I normally do so you people will not feel embarrassed of your not perfect Français writing. Le humanitarian in moi shows himself again.

4. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    Oui, ce sera plus simple pour moi de pouvoir parler un peu français parce que mon anglais n'est pas terrible ;) , je viens d'ailleurs sur ce forum en partie dans le but de m'améliorer un peu.

5. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    And that would be....?

Or beacuse you are actually from Cleveland and don't speak french....well, whatever.

Yeah, Zak, just start the thread and I will sticky it for you. If you want a non-football french language only thread, just let me know and we can sticky it with NFR in the title to advise. I think that would be okay as it's the only French board and that thread wouldn't be appropriate in Free for All.

Anyway, just get it started.

6. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    how do you know alphonse is from cleveland? i thought someone already ip checked him and he's really in france. of course ip can be manipulated easily though. nonetheless, alphons is super

7. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I was kidding on the Cleveland bit, sarcastically suggesting he was a sock and that the "le" bit was just him being cheeky. If you saw "European Vacation", they go to Paris and Clark is trying to speak french to the waiter and is of course butchering the language. The waiter, in French, says "Your accent is remarkable. Chicago? Perhaps Cleveland?". Anyway...

He is from France, and he is our most le famous poster. A credit to le forum.

8. Alphonse

Alphonse New Member

May 30, 2003
    La France
    shhhh, c'est le secret

Just like le big time reporter keeping his sources anonymous, I must keep le names of my contacts le secret, mais they are le very powerfull, they almost scare moi and I have le very big muscles.

9. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recommend starting a thread in French in the France forum en francais. I moderate the Austria & Switzerland forum, and we occasionally use German and or French, and frequently provide links to German and French items. The CONMEBOL (South American Confederation) Forum is probably 50% in Spanish with Spanish and English posts interspersed.

10. FLORIDASOCCER

FLORIDASOCCER New Member

May 21, 2001
    Sarasota, Fl
    why not?

I think is a great idea

This is an international forum, not and English one at all.

Just look at the mexican and spanish forums, they all should be in both or any languages.

cest la vie.

11. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Re: Re: To the mods, is this not allowed

<to self...where's the damn echo icon?>