To skort or not to skort: That is the question

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by REALfootballRulez, Feb 26, 2010.

1. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    I used to wear these little, tight tennis shorts and when I played tennis sometimes women would whistle at me and yell out compliments about my body. Can you imagine Nadal still wearing the short shorts? ;)

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Haha. I think it would be kinda cool! If you got the leg muscles, why not?

My old man when i tried to get into tennis too at a young age, he brought out all his old 'expensive' tennis gear, which he made me wear hahaha. The shorts were as short as my boxer's. He would be like 'do you know how much i paid for this back then??' lol.

3. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    Watching the video on the 1st page, I think the skorts look fine.
    If the players want to wear skorts, fine. If they want to wear shorts, it's up to them.

I don't know what the big deal is.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think its the idea some women think its unfair for women to wear skirts compared to men who wear shorts, that to make women wear skirts would be I guess 'sexist' and they should be equal and should be able to wear shorts, not skirts as a result.

I'm with you, I dont see teh big deal, and think it would be kind of cool to see them play in skirts. But I get what some women say that say it is a big deal.

5. BlitzSpiele

BlitzSpiele Member

Sep 7, 2007
    I have a daughter who plays field hockey at college. She started off in the wool plaid kilt (cute, cute, cute) in middle school. In high school and in college she was and is wearing the straight skirt which make them look buffer and more athletic (btw, world class field hockey players' fitness may outstrip world class soccer players' fitness). The way field hockey is played is much more modest than soccer. In field hockey the foot never comes above mid-shin.

In soccer, the foot can be higher than the head and anywhere in between. Given the varied soccer body postures, I think the skort is just a little too immodest for my taste. On the other hand, my horn-dog side can appreciate it, but, alas, I have to vote thumbs down for skorts in soccer.

6. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the skort is just a skirt like covering ON TOP OF shorts so there is nothing to show or be worried about.

I actually say a little bit of the NCAA women's Lacrosse championships and it was W.VA against a MA team and the funny thing is one team wore shorts and the other wore skirts!

You would think just to do something different at least 1 player in WPS would wear a skort but I don't know if any are wearing it this season. I know Ostberg wore it once toward the end of last season but I don't even know if she's in the league anymore.

7. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm..... perhaps that's because none of the players like them. Ya think?

8. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Wasn't that at the All-Star game and wasn't she playing for Umea? (Also sponsored by Puma)

And no, she's not playing in WPS this year.

9. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    That's one explanation. Another is that they don't particularly care either way and they already have all these pairs of shorts....

Most likely, IMO, is that even if one were inclined to try them, she would rather not stand out. You'd really have to get the whole team (or most of them) to do it, and that probably won't happen for reasons already discussed in this thread, mostly related to the image WPS presents.

10. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hardly trashy or dirty to wear a skort. It's not a thong! LOL

At least one women in the league should wear something different to at least stand out from the men. There's no need to wear the exact same uni as the men do that's all.

11. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    I think male soccer players should wear hot pants. As tight and short as can be. After all, most of them have really nice tight asses. We also wouldn't be left wondering about the size of their packages. They should shave their legs though because hairy men legs are kinda gross. If they don't want to shave, maybe they could at least bleach the hair. Their shirts need to be tighter too. I think some of them could use some concealer on their faces (for their under eye shadows). In the closeups I see sometimes, it bothers me a little that they don't seem to manicure their hands.

12. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    You're thinking ahead; that's good, but gay men aren't a big enough demographic to justify pandering to them on such a large scale just yet.

13. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Oh, kitten ....

Women of all ages like to ogle young, well-endowed, sweaty and buff men in action.

14. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    Cameroon approves of this post.

15. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006

I approve of Cameroon.

[​IMG]

Though there's room (as in less "room") for improvements.

16. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Как скажешь... :D

I can imagine most women being in favor of tighter shirts to show off the athletic soccer physique, and good grooming is always appreciated by either sex. However, what you posted sounded like it was written by Liberace himself. Just sayin' :p

17. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    extra shorts roll ups >>>>>>>> skorts

18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    no, no and no. fine for field hockey, but without the bruises, bumps and blood the look just doesn't work.

19. NotWhoYouThink

NotWhoYouThink New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Stick with shorts. Skorts are for field hockey and lacrosse although I couldn't tell you why.

20. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still say you should go with Sepp Blatter and wear the skorts or at least what the Dutch women did. There's nothing wrong with the pic below since there's nothing wrong with women wearing a more feminine uniform.

[​IMG]

21. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes there is. They're ugly and the women look goofy when they run around in them.

22. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dutch fans didn't think so since their attendance went up. I'm not saying it would increase attendance significantly here but women shouldn't be wearing the EXACT same uniform as men.

Even Sepp Blatter said so! :p

23. NotWhoYouThink

NotWhoYouThink New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Why do they have to look more feminine? There's a time and place for that, I don't think the pitch is it.

24. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    He's also misogynistic and a borderline homophobe.

25. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Not like the breasts, softer features, non hairy legs (usually), and higher pitched voices contribute to that. lol ;)

It seems men want them to look good rather than play well, which confuses me because the first complaint they usually have about the women's game is that they don't play as well as the men.