To quote Ludacris...What's your Fantasy?

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by AriesFlame, Oct 10, 2002.

1. AriesFlame

AriesFlame New Member

Nov 28, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    You've won the state lottery, a prize of $20K. You are told you can go to any city you choose. Where in the soccer world would you go?

2. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    spartan stadium and use the other $19,985 as a down payment on a house.

3. AriesFlame

AriesFlame New Member

Nov 28, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    I, personally, would love to go to London and find out just how many local teams I can see before they throw me out of the city. I keep hearing there are close to 20 teams in London alone.

4. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    classic

5. twell_girl

twell_girl New Member

Jul 28, 2002
    cali
    definitely milan...
    gotta love the food, too...

6. photar74

photar74 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    West Philly
    Bump... to honor election day.

7. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    On 20K, you should be able to do all of them...or get a new travel agent!

If only one in a first class mode, I'd go to Barcelona. Bars and night life. Food and festivities. I'm a night owl at heart.

8. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Metro Park in Harrison.

9. BLG

BLG Member

May 13, 2000
    Moses Lake, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA soccer tour

A few years ago I remember reading of father & son who toured the USA by family car during the summer and made stops at every MLB park to watch a game. They even got percs by some of the teams and occassional press coverage.

I have often thought of doing the same with every MLS and the 14 A League teams in the US (I'd pass on the Canadian teams).

It would be fun to get the schedules, plan a route and see the country while we experienced every division 1 & 2 club and stadium. I bet we could even email a weekly journal to Soccer America or another soccer magazine for publication. What the hey!! Maybe Nike or Phillipps would want to sponser us. (Is Honda still an MLS sponser? They could provide the minivan!)

OK now I'm really getting carried away. My dream is a long "see the USA" vacation that caught every MLS and A League stadium along the way. It could be tough with my 3 daughters (how long a drive from Atlanta to Disney World?) and we'd have to stop at every possible quilt shop on the way for my wife, but it would be my dream come true.

10. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Germany - in 2006, and take my family. It's only three years away now.

If I had to take it this year, I'd go to all of the US MNT games.

If I had to go abroad I'd go to China for WWC'03.

I also like the tour MLS cities idea.

11. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    6 month tour of Europe. Two months devoted to attending every single match at Highbury, one to Germany 06, and the other 3 to seeing each big European Club. Use any spare change to tour the USA with DCU and see any USMNT games.

That whole touring the USA to see every soccer club play was done like 2 years ago on MLSNet.com.

12. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    I'd hit up Buenos Aires or Rome.

13. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Germany 06 followed by about a year in Amsterdam. With about $20000 and some savings I could pull it off.

14. Orchid

Orchid New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Tumon, Guam
    London, it is!

I'd head off to London and then throughout England to check out some more footie action :)

15. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    amsterdam baby!

16. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Vamos Vamos, Argentina!

Although european matches are a good time, I think I'd like to check out Buenos Aires for Boca v River Plate. Something different, and I've heard that that game is CRAZY. Plus the city is super cheap since their economy is down the tubes, so the dollar will get you far.

17. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two cities that missed the list here. Madrid, just to see that team all playing together at once (Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul, and Roberto Carlos on the same field) and Manchester for the Champions League final this year.

18. BuenosAires

BuenosAires New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Plugged Nickel Baby!!!
    London, cuz there are only two things i hate...#1 People that cant tolerate other peoples cultures and #2...the Dutch. or something like that.

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: USA soccer tour

A MLS road trip had been done. It was supposed to be 50 days, but a car break down took it 56 days.

MLS and A-league would be epic.