To all Rev fans...[R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by sprite19, Nov 6, 2004.

1. sprite19

sprite19 New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Despite the final result of tonight's game, I would like to thank the New England Revolution for playing one of the best games I've seen in a long time. You guys should be proud of your team, they showed a lot of guts, heart and perseverance. They put it all out on the field tonight, something I wish my Metros would do for a change. Bob Bradley said a couple of weeks ago that soccer is a funny game, he's right, because the better team tonight will not be facing the Wizards next week.

I hope to see to Metros-NE final next year, I consider you guys a worthy opponent and one of the most entertaining to watch. Oh yeah and GO WIZARDS!

2. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Thanks for the good words, sprite19.

I can't root for the Whizzing, tho. I want the team that beat us to win it, win it in a laugher, so when they look back at the 2004 Postseason, they point to the Eastern Conference Final and say "That was the true championship game"

3. TTweLLMan

TTweLLMan New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Middleboro MA
    Thanks for the kind words, I'm sure as soon as the hearts get back together, other people will be saying the same things.

Until Next Season.
    TTwellman

4. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    I have to second sprite, this was one of the best games I have ever seen, if there is any team I have respect for other then DC it is now NE. Both teams really played their hearts out tonight, NE deserved to win as much as DC did, this game is definitely going to be remembered for a long time (this should have been the final). Again great game, great team, very entertaining, hopefully we can do it again next year.

5. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    I've never seen a more exciting MLS game. Awesome effort, Revs.

6. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Darn you sprite, don't you know we love to hate the Metros and their fans, and here you go saying something intelligent? It is true, the better team tonight was the loser, and I agree, the Metros folded like origami paper. It would have been more fun beating you for a place in the final ;)

7. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone's gotta keep up the "Wait 'till next year" cry with the Sox and the Pats going and winning stuff.

8. djwalker

djwalker BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's football, boys. You had a great run; I had you tipped to take it all. When you guys are healthy you're the toughest team in this league. And your boys have heart in spades. Congrats on a great season.

9. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Yes, that was absolutley spellbounding football and propers to New England. You played an unbelievable, DVD worthy game.

10. conquerant

conquerant New Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game taught us one thing:

Soccer is a boring sport for girls.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm still trying to keep myself from kicking in the door to my house, so the frustration's still there...

11. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    Huh?

12. conquerant

conquerant New Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    j.r.s mom, please turn on your sarcasm meter

we lost, at least allow me this little, and not terribly good, attempt at humor

13. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was being sarcastic. c'mon man, keep up with the times! LOL

14. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    Congratulations to the Revs and their fans. I really thought you guys were going to pull it off and were pulling for you all the way. A win obviously would have been preferable but after the crap you had to endure in '04, it was quite a way to end the season. I hope you're more competive from the start next season so nobody questions your presence in the playoffs.

15. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Congrats to DC...however, the Revs played an awesome match. I gotta hand it to you folks. I think Stevie Nicol shoulda put Noonan in that slot, instead of Heaps, though he has the experience. Matt showed once again that he is a premier goalie and should get a look from BA (though it does seem far-fetched). Hopefully I'll see him here in LA next weekend and congratulate him...

16. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    Okay, got it, hehehe :)

17. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's going to be hard for MLS Cup to surpass that game. That is a classic game, one for the ages. When MLS becomes popular, that game will be shown on ESPN classic. This game is by far the best game ever played in MLS history. Hopefully this is a sign of more great games to come.

18. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
  20. conquerant

conquerant New Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, never meant any offence, but come on Revs!

21. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    No offense taken :) . Revs were awesome!

22. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    hats off, your team left heart and soul on the pitch, it was a beautiful game (and I still have to see most of it cos I was either taking pictures or facing stands with my back to the pitch hehe)

1-0, you came back
    2-1, you came back
    3-2, you came back like fvckin roaches :)

23. sprite19

sprite19 New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    New England Revolution... the team with nine lives :D

24. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    If you had seen Noonan's PK against Rochester in the Open Cup, you wouldn't think this. Noonan sent his about 40 yards high of the net, while Heaps pk was hit hard at the upper right corner, but somehow saved.