TnT U-23 vs Martinique senior team in friendly game (R)

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Kick The Ball, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
  2. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    So Martinique can beat T&T's senior side but not their Olympic team? Weird...

3. Kick The Ball

Kick The Ball Member

Jun 13, 2001
    Trinidad and Tobago
    1. The T&T teams was always good.

2. Our senior team was talented, but relied on foreign un-committed players to much (Yorke, Latapy, Cox etc).

3. We were always under prepared.

4. With our new coach (Charles), our teams looks more like a team now, we are starting to prepare our players much better now, mentally and physically.

5. The T&T federation needs to step up, and everything else will fall into place.

4. MichaelR

MichaelR New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Why doesn't Martinique have a FIFA rating?

5. The Creeper

The Creeper New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Up in MA
    Martinique does not have a FIFA ranking because it is not a member of FIFA. It is a french territory and therefore cannot compete in the world cup. This applies to Guadeloupe, French Guyana, et al. They are members of CONCACAF, which is why they can be in the Gold Cup and Champions Cup.

Can a sticky be made for all the french teams not in FIFA?

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i agree with Kick the ball

what pains me about Yorke and Latas is that they walked out on their own country... atleast latapy contributed but yorke never played one game after the premiership like he cared about Trinidad's result.. selfish bastard... he is not trinidad's best striker ever... damn Leonson Lewis played with more heart and scored more goals than Yorke... I spit on him... serves him right, now he is playing for Blackburn... oh how the ****************** have fallen

7. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: i agree with Kick the ball

I rememeber when Yorke was in his prime
    he was a very good player and considered one of the best in the world

8. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Re: i agree with Kick the ball

What are you talking about? Yorke played in about 15 qualifiers for WC 2002, even getting into what the English like to call a "row" with Ferguson for a call up that ManUre didnt want him to go to

:rolleyes:

9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    you are nuts

not fifteen, maybe 6 or 7 but he did not do anything, and thats been my complaint... he never really contributed to his national team like he did in england... not the same effort... and by wc 2002 he had already dogged t&t enough... im from there bro i know...

he used to take on defenders one on one when he played for t&t he would just shield the ball from them and try to back them down like he is shaq or something, he never came for the ball never passed... never scored.. damn there must have been a reason he got picked, but ill be damned if it was his consistent production at the international level