Time to start converting into Euros: The Other Teams[R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalTexan3, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Time to get a new one started.

2. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I didn't want to continue the Arse v WBA threadjack, but I'll be watching the Euros. I love international soccer, and while it's not as good as the World Cup, its the next best thing. I'm a sucker for a compelling story. I love seeing excellence, so I've enjoyed watching Spain's domination, but the plucky underdog overcoming all the odds is great, too, so I did love the Greeks several years ago. Spain's the team to beat, but they've looked a little jaded, as did their Barca spine this year, so they are ripe for being knocked off.

So, I hope they retain their title in style... or I hope they get well and truly whupped by the Germans. I think the Dutch still fear them....

3. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would argue that the Euros are better than the World Cup, although this year's tournament appears to have some really snoozer sides in it. I'm really looking forward to it, though.

4. fari

fari Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Denver,CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    croatia has quietly assembled a good side...of course all the hype will be behind england, france (and rightfully) the germans, spanish and dutch. i hope eduardo gets some good playing time...classy dude.

5. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I won't watch the Euros as I don't give a rat's tail about it. I will be watching about 7 of the 9 matches available for the US market this Sunday. Moving in the extra TVs and stocking up on beverages already. The Board is primed and soon will be taking bets. Hopefully, I will make a large sum off of Survival Sunday once again. I want QPR to get trounced and I want Bolton to win as it would be lovely to see Mr. Ambition himself Mark Hughes in the Championship next season.

P.S. Congrats to Chris Powell on promotion and I hope to see him managing a Premiership side soon no matter who it might be.

6. Frankball

Frankball Member+

Sep 11, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be watching UEFA Euro 2012. Granted, it doesn't match FIFA World Cup by stature, but there's lots of story-lines from many football national teams, including England. It's my first time watching it.

7. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Euro is usually a better tournament than the World Cup. A lot more competitive.

8. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    World Cup gets so many :poop: teams from Asia and and Oceania and North America...Euros are always a more exciting tournament.

9. Rojinegro1

Rojinegro1 Member+

Jun 26, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Holland will win the tournament.

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When England go out in the group stage I want Holland or Germany to smash Spain....always liked Croatia too

11. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    All I care about, is England v Sweden on June 15th.

I have a 'football date' with the hottest Swedish gal on Maui.

(there will be photo's);)

12. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with that. The level of play at the Euros is, understandably,higher than the WC. I am looking forward to some good games, to start with the France- England. Spain will be difficult to beat, but I am hoping that France or Germany or France can win it all.

13. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking that this tournament is where the fact that the entire Spanish squad hates each other will finally catch up with them

14. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Spain wont do it this time cuz they are old now. Not because of club infighting. I really dont trust their strikers since Villa is done, their centerbacks are injured/out of form, and they Xavi isnt healthy.

I cannot see Spain repeating this year.

15. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Watching the German cup final. These guys are surprisingly good.

16. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kagawa with a superb assist - we really need to sign him.

17. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm having a great time watching

Incredible play from Kagawa and Lewandowski for Dortmund's third

18. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Word. Apparently Rednose is at the game scouting Kagawa. He'd be great for us - reminds me of Rosicky circa October 2007. I really, really, don't want to see someone like that at Man United - he's really their missing link.

19. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    apparently both ferguson and phelan are there.

20. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Game over - that was a fantastic break. We really need to win tomorrow - if this game is any indication, Chelsea's attack will take Bayern to school. Dortmund's making their first choice defenders look bad - how bad must their second choice defenders be?

21. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dortmund just embarrassed Bayern...toying with their defense

Neuer has been awful

22. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad Dortmund wasn't in this kind of form when Arsenal played them in the group stages. They are fun to watch.

23. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was thinking the exact same thing. We really lucked out. With the exception of the first month of this season, Dortmund may very well have been the in-form team in Europe the past two years. They are a lot of fun to watch and the first team to make me watch the Bundesliga.

24. fari

fari Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Denver,CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

u didn't watch them back when rosicky played for them? they had some good ballers back then as well.. the style these days is really attractive though.

25. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Bundesliga has always been a top class league and I think is the second best league in Europe. Yes, better than the two horse race in La Liga and better than Serie A.

1. EPL
    2. Bundesliga
    3. Ligue 1
    4. Serie A
    5. La Liga

JMO