Time To Rally the Troops

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Aquari, Jul 6, 2008.

1. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many times do you see a player booed, take offense and in order to shut them up he produces to prove them wrong.

2. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Never. Not in soccer anyway.

3. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh god.

4. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I've only seen a player on the home side booed a couple of times in my life. And it had nothing to do with performance.

When an opposition player is booed, they usually try very hard to concentrate on the game and not the boos, but inevitably the player makes a mistake at some point, the crowd goes insane with delight, and their boos only get louder until the player makes mistake after mistake. That's when boos are excellent! L. Donovan should remember this effect.

5. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was pretty funny. You'll see this next year with Philly for sure. LOL it will be fun to watch them next year.

6. fight4pravda

fight4pravda New Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is rally the troops right? So why are we breaking into little factions about whether or not we should boo Kamara? Its ridiculous, typical of a fan base that is upset with their teams play, but we should be above that...seriously. If for no other reason than to show that we really love our team. For example look at TFC last year, bottom feeders of the league right, but they still showed up to support their boys and sold out nearly every game. So stop debating booing Kamara or not because we all know that if he even puts one in the back of the net next week everyone will be lining up to sing his praises. Quakes fan's its time to unite, lets sell it out and make it loud as hell this weekend.

GO YOU MIGHTY QUAKES!

7. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fans like this make me proud to be a Quakes fan!

You should only boo your team when they aren't trying, or when they intentionally hurt another player. You might boo your coach, or chant that he sucks, or should be fired. Booing a player because he's not doing well? How many of us remember the '00 Quakes?! I was angry that season. I sent some pretty incendiary letters to the FO. I talked to the assistant GM for 40 minutes before one of our games. We chanted: "Lothar Sucks!" We chanted for bench players!! "I'm High On Krak!" "Dario! Dario!"

But I don't recall booing the players.

This year's side sucks. But you know what?! They are a damn sight better than last year's Quakes.

goooooo quaaaaaakes!!!!!! :eek:

- Mark

9. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Wow, didn't intend to set off such a firestorm. My displeasure with Kamara's lack of finishing, zero assists, poor first touch and lazy performance has nothing to do with the rest of the team and when I boo him this Saturday, he'll know why. The rest of the team are not cattle, they'll get it when he's singled out, do you honestly think that they're happy with the way he's playing? My money is they're asking themselves why he didn't finish 2 easy goals two weeks in a row and what does he really add to our team.
    I will cheer and scream my lungs out for the rest of the squad but I am done with Kamara.

And as for the new-meat asshat that called my loyalties into question, I've spent more time, money and support on the Quakes organization than you will in your lifetime so you might want to keep silent unless you know what you're talking about.

10. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clap. Clap. I couldn't agree more. However, I'm not a boo'er. I'm a yeller and will express my displeasure with Kei everytime he stops our attack dead holding the ball too long, shanking a shot, and generally looking lost on the field.

I have spent too much money and time just to sit back and be happy to have a team.

We will cheer the team on just like any game. GO QUAKES!

11. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Beerking, I'm not saying you're not a loyal Quakes fan, but you don't seem to understand the significance of booing a player.

12. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why you do it. Makes a statement of your displeasure.

13. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Kamara has terrible touch on his shot.

But other than that, he's fast, wins a lot of long balls in the air and is hard for defenders to dispossess. That's why Frank keeps playing him week after week over Cunliffe.

I would love to see Kamara fighting for a starting spot with Johnson to see who pairs up with Huckerby.

He complains to the ref a lot, often to cover his own ass, but sometimes because he got robbed, like saturday when Burling fell down and grabbed him to prevent a breakaway. (Like what happened to Johnson the previous week.) I don't know if I'd use the word lazy.

14. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    And what good does this statement of your displeasure accomplish? Is Kamara going to magically become a good shooter? Is some new hot-shot forward going to choose San Jose thanks to you?

The only time I'll boo is if we sit back and let the hopeless Rapids possess the ball like we did with the Crew.

15. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't care I'm going to boo Kamara Saturday. That's one thing I will do.

16. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    There, my friends, is a good time to boo. When your team is letting the other team possess. You boo (you're kinda booing the other team) to light a fire under their bellies. Booing a player's poor performance will just hurt his feelings and make him play worse. I don't know why we would want that. This isn't baseball, where you boo everything.

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What if Kamara starts vociferously booing you back on Saturday? :eek:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

18. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Well then, Kamara would have finally gotten something right, Lord knows he doesn't do it on the field.

20. nebulachapin

nebulachapin New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Belmont, CA
    Okay, I have my peeves against Kamara like everyone else, but consider this:

Without Kamara Quakes are (1-1-3) with 2 GF 10 GA.
    With Kamara, Quakes are (2-2-6) with 6 GF 9 GA

hmmmm.....with Kamara we are a 0.9 GAA team, suggesting that perhaps our game is more balanced in attack - at least we are in these games.

Without Kamara, 1.67 GAA suggesting we have even less ideas in attack and defending more?

Games in which Kamara scores, Quakes are 2-0.

21. supafrye

supafrye New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    San Jose
    understand also that the player being booed has teammates that are friends with him. they don't want him singled out for what is ultimately supposed to be a team effort.

kumbaya....

22. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Such detailed insight into the collective BS Quakefans' soccer-psyche, these pages have become!

To Boo or Not to Boo?

So much grinding over this that some will be too burnt to even stand up Saturday!

23. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Everything sucks!!!! You're dumb!!!! Booooooooo!!!!!!

24. qballfc

qballfc Member

Dec 8, 2007
    San Jose
    I'm gonna boo Anton.

25. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team: