Time For the Annual "Frank DeFord Sucks" Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by DaveBrett, Apr 19, 2006.

1. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You clearly don't understand who soccer fans are. You only understand your leftward tilting sliver of the pie. You're just as much of a dinosaur as Frank DeFord, because you're still part of the stigma of soccer as a left leaning commie niche sport. You're going to have to understand the mainstream to help soccer become mainstream. Maybe you should see what the mainstream thinks, watch FoxNews!

2. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Wow, now I am really confused. I am not sure if this is sarcasm or if you are serious.

Elaborate please.

Please inform me "who soccer fans are" and how I resemble Frank Deford.

3. DaveBrett

DaveBrett Member

Nov 28, 1998
    Austin, Texas
  4. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2005/05/26/the_assault_on_npr/

5. DaveBrett

DaveBrett Member

Nov 28, 1998
    Austin, Texas
    Hey, we need a new national team coach.

How about Frank Deford?

6. DaveBrett

DaveBrett Member

Nov 28, 1998
    Austin, Texas
  7. holly nichole music

May 3, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    If you are reading this frank. FU. I turn you off everytime on you enter NPR . In fact I turn off NPR most days now because the try so hard to please republicans. Like the poster above most think that telling the truth makes you a liberal. Uuum No. It just makes you credible But NPR ain't anymore because it has republicans spewing lies all the time, especially morning edition and offers no rebuttal opportunity.
    Take CNN ....they put on two guys , one saying global warming does not exist and the other citing all the science proving otherwise. CNN just smiles and says "thanks guys that's all we have time for." ..Rather than calling out the lies, CNN just leaves thè false equivalency in place. No wonder no one watches CNN. It does nothing to meaningfully inform the viewer. Same thing with NPR having Blowhard David brooks on spewing BS (we need to reign in this deficit and cut middle class public sector jobs in the middle of this great recession"). John stewart fast shaking of head ...What ! Brooks is opposed by CJ Dionne CJ gives a counterpoint. But he can't call brooks a liar. He would never be allowed on air again. So you too NPR. Just like Frank. You are both living in thè Jurassic era; Offering absolutely zero meaningful insight on anything related to politics or sports.

8. schwefumbler

schwefumbler Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
  9. holly nichole music

May 3, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Barbara x 5 million and their mindset are still around in force. Just sayin.

10. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi folks. The straight politics talk needs to head to the forum dedicated to it.

Thanks.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  11. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you that NPR has taken a severe turn for the worse with its false equivalence crap. In an effort to be "fair and balanced" it has gone too far.

I'm curious, though, what you believe my "mindset" to be? Because I don't really remember much from 6 years ago.