Time for a new [R]?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by bigtoga, Sep 21, 2003.

1. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    So, it has to be asked - is it time for a new penalty taker? I mean, I think RVN is unreal but, to miss three in a row - and two against Arsenal - and this one to win the game - is troubling to say the least. You have to think that its gotten to him a bit.

And, if it is time to have a new penalty taker, who? Scholes? Giggs? Keane? or the new superstar?

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.

It's just a mental thing right now. He should keep taking them. However, I think Scholes or Giggs would be good options if Fergie was THAT concerned. But, honestly, Ruud should keep taking them. Once he gets the next one, he could score 13 in a row...

3. Ragnarok

Ragnarok New Member

Dec 29, 2002
    UK South, (migrated)
    I wonder if RVN would of taken the retake that should of been awarded for Lehman coming of his line before tha ball was struck. I could see it as clear as day from the stand.

And to think that yesterday leeds keeper Paul Robinson had a foot behind the line when the ball was kicked by Dunn.

Lehman must over told the lines man to not make the call when he was pushing him around.

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I think the FA will probably be reviewing the last 20 minutes of this game. We didn't play well enough to beat Arsenal and the gap left by an injured Scholes continues to be very obvious. I think we showed them too much respect during the match, and I think we don't have any for them after.

5. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    We really are missing Scholes (and Beckham, Veron and Ronaldinho for that matter :) ). The commentator during the match said that the news on Scholes was good - that he was responding to treatment and would only be out for two weeks. Anyone know any more about that?

6. LLCOOLJEW

LLCOOLJEW New Member

Aug 5, 2003
    So Cal
    I read some-where that he was making rediculous progress and he doesnt require surgery. Hense Sven excited over the fact that be may be ready for the Turkey match.

7. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely. Its just that he's a little cold right now, it happens to all the star players in any sport. Once he makes one, his confidence will come soaring back. I know from experience myself (though certainly not on a stage as large as the Premiership). Ruud will be just fine.

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Soccernet.com:

9. Eindhovuh

Eindhovuh New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Holland
    Definitely, I hate people who are saying ruud is a bad player because he missed a penalty. He has done a lote for man utd and previous year he didn't miss one penalty (I thought). just like you said: Once he gets the next one, he could scre 13 in a row