Tiger Cup

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by mcruic, Nov 22, 2004.

1. vestergaard

vestergaard Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Hi ilbaasha :), Singapore is looking good to progress to semifinals despite draws with Vietnam and Indonesia.
    We play against the 2 weakest teams in our group next (Laos and Cambodia) and barring a disaster, are likely to claim full points from them. That will give us the runner-up position in the group (with Indonesia 1st).

2. timor fan

timor fan New Member

May 28, 2004
    Lisboa - Portugal
    Today was too much ... 8-0 is dramatic

Conclusions. Alfredo injury was a major blow in both games. Against Malaysia we were losing 2-0 when he got injured and today he was in charge in the box until he felt pain again ... That is a shame cause he is our best defender.

In the front ... Maulay again had a great chance but failed to score in a important period of the game ...

This are the first games of Timor Leste history but with some luck it could have been a lot better.

Alfredo will be out for one week at least, so he wont play against Phillipines and Myanmar.

Despite being just 90 minutes in total on the pitch, Alfredo used his experienced gained in Italy, USA and Portugal to show enough of skills to have a Malaysia Super League club trying to sign him immediatelly ...

Regarding Myanmar i hav to say ... Congratz ! They are the surprise and they are doing very well !!! My money is on Myanmar now !

3. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    After Round 2

Group A
    Vietnam 1-1 Singapore
    Indonesia 6-0 Laos

Indonesia 0-0 Singapore
    Vietnam 9-1 Cambodia

Indonesia 3-0 Vietnam
    Laos 2-1 Cambodia

Group B
    Malaysia 5-0 Timor Leste
    Myanmar 1-0 Philippines

Malaysia 4-1 Philippines
    Thailand 1-1 Myanmar

Myanmar 1-0 Malaysia
    Thailand 8-0 Timor Leste

4. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Aftermath of the Round 3 results

Both Tiger Cup hosts Vietnam & Malayisa are in danger of exit

Vietnam Brazilian coach Edson Tavares was forced to resign with Vietnam FA, players & fans all blaming him as Vietnam was a favourtie for the Tiger Cup

Vietnam now need Singapore to lose or draw to Laos or Cambodiato have any hope

Malaysia need to beat 3-time Tiger Cup champion Thailand to progress

5. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Singapore are virtually into the semis after annihilating Laos 6-2 today.
    Indonesia will qualify for the semis if they avoid defeat agasint Cambodia in the day's later match (which seems highly likely).

6. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City

GO ON Singapore :)

Singapore to win the Tiger cup, Kuwait to win the Gulf cup, I to celebrate chrismas in style :D

7. Eurekas

Eurekas New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    The results of the top 4 nations against the minnows are really lope sided. The shock games are Myanmar beating Malaysia 1-0 and Indonesia beating Vietnam 3-0.

8. vestergaard

vestergaard Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Sweet! ilbaasha, you share the same hope as me. :D

Go Kuwait, go Singapore! (but Tiger Cup knockout stage is played from 29 Dec onwards so maybe you can celebrate Singapore making it to top four by X'mas ;) )

9. Yabyab

Yabyab New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    I watched some goals highlights and I really liked the way Sinagpore play. Very nice soccer. I liked that player, forgot his name I think it was Kashmir? he's good.

10. vestergaard

vestergaard Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Hi Yabyab, you saw the highlights on TV? I didn't imagine countries outside ASEAN would show anything about Tiger Cup. ^.^

11. vestergaard

vestergaard Member

Oct 21, 2004
  12. ilbaasha

ilbaasha New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Kuwait City
    :confused:

GO ON SINGAPORE ANYWAYS:)

13. Yabyab

Yabyab New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Oh yeah they show it in sport channel here in Kuwait. And am cheering for S'pore too since my brother always take me there shopping.. hehe Go Singapore.. Go Simlim Tower (Spelling? :p).

14. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    After Round 4

Group A
    Vietnam 1-1 Singapore
    Indonesia 6-0 Laos

Indonesia 0-0 Singapore
    Vietnam 9-1 Cambodia

Indonesia 3-0 Vietnam
    Laos 2-1 Cambodia

Singapore 6-2 Laos
    Indonesia 8-0 Cambodia

Group B
    Malaysia 5-0 Timor Leste
    Myanmar 1-0 Philippines

Malaysia 4-1 Philippines
    Thailand 1-1 Myanmar

Myanmar 1-0 Malaysia
    Thailand 8-0 Timor Leste

Philippines 2-1 Timor Leste
    Malaysia 2-1 Thailand

15. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Aftermath of Round 4

Indonesia reach the semi-final & it is now the only ASEAN countries to have reached the semi-final of all 5 editions of the Tiger Cup

For Vietnam, the fiscao over the forced resigination of their coach blowed over as anger grow with Singapore 6-2 thrashing of Laos, with everybody - from ex-coach, FA, players, media & fans - having somebody to blame

As for Singapore the prospect of reaching the semi-final caught the local boardcaster MediaCrop eye as they finally showing Singapore match LIVE

For Group B, it is a round of history with Philippines finally winning.

For Thaialnd, certainly a bad year in all as they looked set to fail to meet any of their target - Reach the Final round of Asian WC qualifier & retain Tiger Cup. They now need Myanmar to lose to Timoe Leste

For Malaysia it is a better ending to a bad year that relive their new coach Bertalan Bicskei of much pressure.

16. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Also here is another website on Tiger Cup

It is done by the sponsor Tiger Beer so have predicition games to play

Tiger Cup

17. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    i hope indonesia will win ! they make a record 4 matches,100% win, 17 goals with conceded!
    i hope hey going well and can win the tiger cup for the first time!
    my prediction indonesia will meet singapore in the final

18. vestergaard

vestergaard Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Oh you mean Sim Lim Square, the computer & electronic goods mecca? ;) Yes it's a nice place to shop (though I don't go there often).

Btw Singapore has defeated Cambodia 3-0 and are through to the semis... party! :D

19. cakrabirawa

cakrabirawa Member

Jul 31, 2004
    white house
    unfortunetly our two most important player cant play bro..yep Boaz and Ilham, bcoz red card 'n yellow card acumulation

damn !!!Stupid refs...

20. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    After Round 5

Group A
    Vietnam 1-1 Singapore
    Indonesia 6-0 Laos

Indonesia 0-0 Singapore
    Vietnam 9-1 Cambodia

Indonesia 3-0 Vietnam
    Laos 2-1 Cambodia

Singapore 6-2 Laos
    Indonesia 8-0 Cambodia

Singapore 3-0 Cambodia
    Vietnam 3-0 Laos

Group B
    Malaysia 5-0 Timor Leste
    Myanmar 1-0 Philippines

Malaysia 4-1 Philippines
    Thailand 1-1 Myanmar

Myanmar 1-0 Malaysia
    Thailand 8-0 Timor Leste

Philippines 2-1 Timor Leste
    Malaysia 2-1 Thailand

Myanmar 3-1 Timor Leste
    Thailand 3-1 Philippines

SEMI-FINALS (2 legs)
    Indonesia v Malaysia
    Myanmar v Singapore

21. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    It is 3 win & 1 draw :D

Remember Indonesia 0-0 Singapore

22. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Aftermath of Round 5

In Group A, it was as expected as Singapore beat Cambodia & the team return to hero welcome

Photos

Myanmar continue to stay in Malaysia as their home leg is held there becos their stadiums back home do not meet international standard & cannot host matches.

In group B, 3-times Champion Thailand go out & this time no merry-go-round as anger from fans & media are directed at the FA becos of their coach changing ways. Held, their German coach was the coach number 4 in less than 1 year (In ASEAN coach should last longer than 1 year or even longer like up to many years :D & that is why Thailand 4 coach in 1 year is a surprise)

23. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    ah yeah u right.hehhe...go indonesia

anyway there is a new star from indonesia his name is boaz salossa...he is not joining any clubs yet,he is from high school...a good dribler and a good crosser

here is the pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. vestergaard

vestergaard Member

Oct 21, 2004

I'm sure Indonesian clubs will be raring to snap him up now! Right, tato_Top?