Ticket & travel info for MLS Cup 2003

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by ThreeApples, Nov 16, 2003.

1. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Ticketmaster, they are $40 plus surcharges for each ticket. If you call the Galaxy ticket office and ask to be in the SJ fan section, they should be $35 plus a single $5 surcharge per order.

I think you should be also able to order in 126 for the same $35 price by calling the Galaxy, but I don't have firm info on that.

2. europa1057

europa1057 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    California
    I just booked a room for Saturday night at the Carson Hilton. AAA rate is $89.10.

Also have tickets ordered...this week is going to be a long one!!!

Go 'Quakes! :D

3. MegaStar

MegaStar New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    San Mateo
    Yeah, what is this "after the game gala at the Kodak Theater"? I am in the process of convincing my friend, who just happens to live in Huntington Beach, to go to the game with me...otherwise I am by myself once again, but should be no problem b/c all of you are going, and it will be awesome! Get out the blue face paint...We'll make it OUR house.

4. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Gala is at the Kodak Theater Saturday night.

There is a party afterwards where the fans can hang out called the Supporter's Bash.

Info as follows from the, er, Galaxians website.

MLS Gala Awards…This year the MLS Gala Awards Ceremony is being held at the Kodak Center in Hollywood. Not only are you invited, you are encouraged to attend the “Black Tie Optional” event. Gala tickets will be included in the event pack you receive when you register for the Supporters Summit. Plan your schedules accordingly…the MLS Gala Awards is an event you do not want to miss! The show begins at 6:30 PM and will last approximately 90 minutes. Doors open at 6:00 PM

Supporters Bash…Fans are encouraged to go directly from the MLS Gala Awards Ceremony to Hollywood Billiards Sports Bar & Grill for the Supporters Bash. Details are as follows…

What: Supporters Bash
    When: Saturday – November 22, 2003 (9:00 PM - ???)
    Where: Hollywood Billiards Sports Bar & Grill
    5750 Hollywood Blvd.
    Los Angeles, CA 90028
    Tel: (323) 465-0115
    www.hollywoodbilliards.com

There is the Supporter's Summit early in the day. Hang out for a couple of hours and then shop for a dress or find a shirt and tie for the Gala. Info here:

What: MLS Supporters Summit
    When: Saturday, November 22, 2003 (9:00 AM to 3:15 PM)
    Where: Hilton Carson City Plaza (Chardonnay/Cabernet Room)
    Two City Plaza
    Carson, CA 90745
    Tel. (310) 830-9200

Agenda: 9:00 – 10:15 AM…MLS Supporters and A-League Leaders' Meeting
    10:15 – 10-30 AM…Break
    10:30 – Noon…US Soccer Supporters
    Noon – 12:30 PM…Lunch Break
    12:30 – 2:00 PM…US Soccer Supporters (Shield Presentation)
    2:00 – 3:00 PM…MLS Q and A session (MLS officials, media, etc.)
    3:00 – 3:15 PM…Wrap-up

Or, leave early Sunday morning and make the mad dash along the I-5! Cheers!

5. Quake87

Quake87 New Member

May 19, 2001
    San Jose
    im going. driving down saturday coming back sunday.!

6. Zero

Zero New Member

Jan 15, 2002
    San Jose

yes. $40.

p.s. just booked the HIlton, Carson.

On MLS wrap (FSW) Harksy says it will
    sell out.

7. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    FWIW, I went the route of calling the Galaxy direct (with instruction from Pat) to get my tickets. I called Friday morning. The rep that has been working with Club Quake (a fellow named Tim Martin) was out of the office. So, I called HDC and they explained that Tim works for the Galaxy...not the same office. They (HDC) referred me to the Galaxy ticket office and said that any of the reps there should be able to assist me.

They did. I explained that I was with Club Quake and gave them Pat's name. They pulled up his order to verify the offer (group rate of $35.00/seat) and gave me 4 tickets in section 126 plus the aforementioned $5 handling fee...grand total - $145.00. Since I ordered on Friday morning, the rep sent my small order out in the mail to my home that afternoon but advised that if anyone ordered "next week," they would have to pick up tickets at Will Call. ****Also worth noting, he said that if your mailed tickets did not arrive on time or got lost, go to Will Call with ID and they can pull up your order and reprint your tickets on stock. (Damn fine idea, I'd say.)

I, too, feared that hotel rooms would be vanishing so I called the Carson Hilton on Thursday night. While they explained that all of the rooms at the MLS rate of $75.00/night were gone, they gave me 2 rooms with 2 queen size beds for $99.00/night.

Good luck to all!!

Not only do I fully agree with sjqf that we should be wearing blue, we should also ALL be toting little signs reading "WE BELIEVE!" How awesome would that be if our whole section was decked out in blue AND had signs proclaiming our new mantra?!?

GO QUAKES!!!!!

8. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    BTW, I forgot to give y'all the Galaxy ticket office number. It is...

(877) 3-GALAXY

9. MegaStar

MegaStar New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    San Mateo
    I'm going!!!!!! Plus my friend, who lives in LA, is a QUAKES fan and NOT A GALAXY fan! This week better fly by! Leaving Friday, coming back Sunday/Monday...depending on how hungover I will be after the game...we will be wearing blue from head to toe (literally) and have our "We Believe" and "5-2" signs.

10. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    My son and I have the Sunday 7:30am Southwest flight out of Oakland, returning Sun night. Took a chance on the Quakes beating KC and locked in the $30 one way fare with 14 day prior booking after I got home from the LA game - thanks to the advice of someone on BS.

Tickets in Section 127 from Ticketscammer (otherwise known as Ticketmaster - $15 in fees for ME to print the tickets on MY printer).

We Believe (and will be in blue).

11. ArsenalQuake

ArsenalQuake New Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Quakesville
    If anyone's looking for decent hotels to stay, keep in mind that Carson is right beside Torrance and the Marriot there is a good hotel with decent enough rates and also there are 2 Marriot "Courtyards" in Torrance which are also decent hotels with even better rates than the regular Marriot!

Anyone know of any Irish (or Brit) Pubs in the area for a few jars on Saturday night?

"The Earthquakes"
    ::clap clap clap::
    "The Earthquakes"
    "The Earthquakes"

12. quakes_fan21

quakes_fan21 New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    I got my tickets through club quake a couple of days ago, just booked a reservation for the Torrance Hilton because I called the Carson Hilton and they're full, car reservations are made (though i'm still kind of hoping a charter bus will come up so we don't have to drive), my BLUE earthquakes gear is clean and ready, will be drinking plenty of water to prepare my throat for some serious cheering...looks like i'm all set for Sunday...
    GO QUAKES!!!

13. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sonofapitch has good info about Tim Martin, who is the point of contact for the Club Quake group order in section 126, not to be confused with ex-Clasher Tim Martin. Pat Bernal is no longer taking orders, but you can still buy as part of the group purchase by calling LA. Though anyone at the ticket office (1-877-3-GALAXY) should be able to take your order, Tim Martin is the point of contact there and his direct line is 1-310-630-2237. Identify yourself as being with Club Quake (You do not need to actually be a member).

14. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Come On Yoo Quakes

Thanks for the info, Noah et al. Good stuff. Seems well organized. Props.

I've got a schitload of stuff to get done if I'm gonna be able to hit the road on Friday, but do it I will.

Worked 'till 11pm tonight and then tuned in to the Landon interview (thanks Goodsport) on KNTV (unfortunate call letters I always thought).

The lad seemed tired but the clips of the Quakes action must surely have convinced your average local sports viewer that something exciting is going on in the soccer scene down in SJ.

It's the first time that I've felt that buzz that you take for granted in England when it comes to big "soccer" events being communicated over the airwaves here. Of course it was the last story and interview, after some lame arse 49er who was quite possibly the most boring person ever televised, prattling on about how he didn't need to use steroids. A personality transplant, on the other hand........

Anyway, looking forward to my second Quakes game at Victoria Street. 1-1 it was against the Galaxatives earlier this season, 2-1 it will be against the Shitcargo Dire.

Next weekend will be wild. Watching England vs Australia in the Rugby World Cup Final (Live TV); Spurs vs Villa (Live TV), and the Quakes Cup Final (Live Live). Get in there!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

THE FOOTBALL CREDO: LOVE THE BLUE, HATE THE RED

15. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those who can't get into the Carson Hilton, I can vouch for staying in Long Beach. The airport is 15-20 minutes, with no traffic, down the 405 from the HDC. There's a Marriot and a Holiday Inn (where I stayed during the WWC) next to the airport. Jet Blue flies into LGB from Oakland.

You will, however, need a car when you're down there. The Hollywood to Carson commute is similiar to going from San Jose to San Francisco.

For those bringing drums and haven't heard my story yet...the HDC does not, repeat, does not allow drumsticks. Drums are fine, including my own big ass drum, but the sticks themselves are the banned item. The current plan is to use rubber tubing to play the drums (insert appropriate rubber hose comment here). You will go through metal detectors at the entry gates, so be prepared for an airport-like search.

Despite the ban on dead animals, I can assure you that my magic beaver will be getting into the game. Because as we all know the beaver is a service animal.

16. Rumbler

Rumbler New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    San Jose
    I'm flying down out of San Jose at 9:30 and coming back at 6:30 the same day.

Is anyone else doing the same. What is the best way of transportation from LAX to the stadium. I booked it two weeks ahead of time so I got a great rate because I also have to work on Monday. If I do have to rent a car for only several hours that's okay cause this only happens once in a while (hopefully more for the Quakes). I was hoping someone else was going to fly then we can ride to the stadium together.

17. Ramiros_Soccer_Chica

Jun 10, 2001
    Nor-Cal
    What's the MLS Gala about?

How much are tickets?

My dad said last week that we might go if the Quakes actually make it...we all watched the game and I jumped for joy because there was a possibilty of actually going. My dad said to start getting information of hotels and car rentals and stuff. So if it's isn't TOO expensive, we're probably going. As of right now, I believe we are..but I'm not getting TOO excited because my dad easily changes his mind.

18. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. The Gala is the Awards Show for MLS. They will announce the Goal of the Year, MVP, Coach of the Year, and so forth.

2. I also found this:

http://www.mlsnet.com/special/mlscup/2003/mlscup1106awards.html

(scroll down)
    The MLS Gala Awards Ceremony at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood will be open to the public. Requests for complimentary event tickets can be made by sending a note to the following e-mail address: 03galatickets@mlsnet.com. All ticket inquiries should include the person’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. Tickets are limited to a maximum of four per request and are based on availability with notification made via e-mail.

Also, from the Galaxians site, if you register for the Supporter's Summit the Gala ticket is part of the package.

19. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Y'all be warned...I'm 99% decided on going...flying down Sunday morning and flying right back after the victory celebrations...you have been warned...

20. S.J. Owl

S.J. Owl New Member

Nov 10, 2003
    San Jose
    What's the best bet for getting to and from the airport and HDC? Is it viable to get a taxi or should I be looking to rent a car? ANyone have a couple of spare seats heading down to the game? :D

-Andy

21. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now, if there is some way that you could get them to let you take over the PA mike...... ;)

22. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    I just reserved my ticket for the game!!

I'll be driving down there on Saturday. If someone wants to carpool - it'd be nice (it's really boring to drive alone for 6 hours).
    I didn't figure out where to stay, yet - need to do some investigation (any tips will be gladly aceepted).

23. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    HELL NO! If I'm goin', I'm wearin' blue and jumpin' up and down and singin' and screamin' with y'all!

24. KatieMae

KatieMae New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    My family is going!!!! We wanted to fly but the tix jumped in price so I guess it's driving and hearing 99 bottles of beer on the wall for 6 hours. Why is section 126 in the corner? Half of us want to sit more in the middle, the other half (me) wants to sit with all the Quakes fans so we can cheer and scream like maniacs.

25. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Katie, talk some sense into the rest. The Quakes section is the place to be.

Just ordered four tickets in Section 126 from Tim Martin at the Galaxy office. Wearin' blue and bringin' our vocal chords!