Ticket & travel info for MLS Cup 2003

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by ThreeApples, Nov 16, 2003.

1. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repost from the pregame thread follows. Maybe this should be an official travel thread, separate from the pregame thread which can contain actual soccer discussion.

We are taking over sections 126 and 127. These are in the northeast corner of the Toolbox. Club Quake's group purchase is in 126, and as of tonight there were still tickets available. Contact Pat Bernal at events@clubquake.org for more info. If you order through Club Quake your tickets will be reserved for you at will call. Get to the stadium early to pick up will call tickets because who knows how the lines will be.

Also, MLS has set aside section 127 for fans of the Western Conference champion. Well, that's us. To get tickets in this section call the Galaxy ticket office at 1-877-3-GALAXY and ask for the SJ fans' section in section 127. After Wednesday, whatever tickets are left in 127 will be released for general public sale, so buy early and often.

If none of this works for you, go to Ticketmaster.

2. Quake87

Quake87 New Member

May 19, 2001
    San Jose
    is there a bus going down?

3. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we're gonna be in section 129 .... gonna be great.

I have to work on Saturday night and we're flying to Colorado early Monday morning so we're either gonna drive there and back on Sunday or drop about $450 for flights there and back on Sunday.
    Either way it will be worth it.

Wonder if we can switch our tickets to section 127???? I'll call the (grrrr) Galaxy tomorrow and find out.

QUAKES RULE ALL!!!!!

4. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

good call ... is there?!?

5. amir

amir Member

Feb 19, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I hope that if we get tickets that we will be close enough to the Casbah to have the same affect as if we were at Spartan.

6. quakes_fan21

quakes_fan21 New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    Yeah i was also wondering if there will be a bus...but i was just waiting for the Earthquakes to win tonight cause i know more people have to go!!
    GO QUAKES!!!!!

7. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't be there, it's too much of an expensive trip for us, me and my wife, from Melbourne to LAX and back. :(

However, can I suggest that this thread be sticky'd?

8. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spoke too soon-- it indeed is.

Have fun there, everyone... and post pics when you can get them done and scanned, etc...

9. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good times, good times

Picked up the tickets last night -- my Dad and I will be in section 127!

Still on a high from that game last night -- see you all down in LA!

Anybody want to make a giant blue banner that reads "5-2"? :)

10. Lefty_Juggler

Lefty_Juggler New Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Cupertino, CA
    We're going, have got to see this through. Any suggestions on hotels for Sat. night?

11. europa1057

europa1057 New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    California
    We're in row p in section 127 - it sounds like we'll be surrounded by a bunch of blue. Woooo go quakes! :D

12. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Good times, good times

Good idea!

Also, who has the "We Believe" banner. We NEED to have that one. And the HDC better not give us grief over this!

I think we're going into a major pro-Chicago stadium. This is THE time to make sure we're making noise for the boys. So rest your strained voices, and be ready to cheer, chant, sing, yell, etc!

PLEASE WEAR BLUE!

13. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    A couple of points for HDC bound fans - there's an MTA strike still on, so the Blue Line - the train from downtown L.A. to Carson, will not be running. Carson, however does have its own transit system, and another L.A. agency, LADOT, has a line that goes there.

Another bet, besides the Carson Hilton, is to look in Long Beach. The northside of LB is right next to Carson's HDC end, and it has several hotels.

Renting a car is probably the best bet - that way you can also drive to the MLS gala at the Kodak Theatre.

Wear lots of blue - I want to see the game look good on TV and get covered by all the local channels!

14. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    Not for this trip.

15. RWCQuakesfan

RWCQuakesfan New Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Anybody have room for one more?

Does anybody have room in their car for another fan? I'd love to go down, but I haven't bought a ticket yet. My problem right now is that I don't drive, so I'd have to hitch a ride. I'll pay for gas.

I'd also love to go down with somebody who is going down and back in one veeeery loooong day, but I'll take what I can get right now. PM me.

Doug.

16. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Questionz

How long do we wait for Club Quake to respond to e-mails for tickets before we should call LA direct to buy them in the SJ end?

What is the turnout going to be, anyone reckon? Total crowd; number of declared San Jose supporters?

I'm driving down on Friday, staying with friends, and driving back on Sunday directly after the match.

This is unlikely to be useful to anyone wanting a ride down there, but if it is, PM me.

Accomodation not provided - it ain't my apartment, and the fold-out couch with the view of Studio City is already spoken for!

17. amir

amir Member

Feb 19, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Re: Questionz

I emailed them last night, but still havent got anything. If i dont get anything back by tonight, Ill just buy them directly

18. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe the person who runs the events email for Club Quake has the emails sent to his work address. In any case, you all have to be patient and give him some time to respond. He's just one guy with a regular life to lead like the rest of us, and it is Sunday. Everyone deserves some time off, especially after lasts nights craziness! :D

19. sj-villan

sj-villan New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    San Jose
    Sec 127 for the Casbah? "Have a go!"

HDC sections 126-127 are the Casbah, right?

I bloody hope so. Just got my tickets on ticketmaster, row Q, etc etc. It figures that they put the best fans in a corner of the stadium.

Anyway, I heard a rumor about a bus? If not, who is driving down on sunday? We could arrange a route - UK away fans style. Dont forget to let your scarves blow out of your rear windows.

COME ON YOU QUAKES !!!! HAVE A GO!!!

20. vikingwayne

vikingwayne Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    In my drunken delirium last night, I e-mailed Pat at ClubQuake about tix and hotel.

After an interminable two minutes, I panicked and bought a ticket from Ticketmaster(list price $40.00, additional service charges $300.00) and booked a room at the Carson Hilton for 11/22-23, $184.00. Sorry, Pat, this required bold action.

The ticket is in section 127. This is working great!
    The hotel is a short cab ride from HDC.

Sooo...as of 11:30pm last night:

TICKETS: Ticketmaster(you can get in off the Quakes web site)

HOTEL: Carson Hilton(I booked on one of those discount web sites)

I'll see you all there. I'm the big white guy that was hugging everyone in section 130 and 129 the last two games.

21. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in the process of talking my parents into buying me plane tickets and MLS Cup tickets. *Cross your fingers*

22. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Same position. Let me know if it works, it'll give me hope!

23. Zero

Zero New Member

Jan 15, 2002
    San Jose
    Got my tickets this morning, Section 127 also.

if you select "lower corner" for the price range on Ticketmaster, this section will pop up.

I'm speculating that the program reconizes from your zip code that you are in Northern Cali.

You should try registering
    first.

Sj_quakes_fan: We should charter a few of those
    correctional dept. transporter buses. Yeah, imagine
    all of us pulling up to HDC in those.

Are you in for a mini van type road trip?

A buddy and I are leaving up Sat. afternoon.
    What's this MLS gala thing??
    lastly, what is there to do In Carson on a Saturday
    night? The Lobby Lounge? (Hilton)

Z.

24. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    For those of you staying at the Carson Hilton, they have a "free shuttle service"(a little bus) for their guests. When I stayed there, the gentleman was able to drop me and my friend off at the game, but had other passengers to pick up at the time the game ended. He dropped us off at the gate and then we took a taxi back after the game. I'd suggest that to save money on taxi fare. Also, when I went, they didn't have nearly enough taxis for the people that wanted them after the game, and our driver said that has been a problem in the past. Hopefully for you, that problem is fixed, or else you may not want to celebrate much after the game, or you will be stuck there.

25. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how much are the tickets to the game in section 127?

Just looked on ticketmaster. Are they the $40 ones?